BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
BLUE-BEAST///M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Close one! Whew!

It was a Saturday afternoon (yesterday) the wife and kid weren't in the car with me this time around, so I didn't have to hold back in my e90 M3.

I was heading on 84 West and was preparing to take the on-ramp onto 101 north...I pressed the 'M' button and gunned it from 2nd to 3rd while jumping onto the on-ramp. The on-ramp begins with a slight right-hand curve and then of course straightens-out onto the freeway (this on ramp turns into a new lane on the freeway). There were no cars on the on-ramp, so I was on it like a bat out of hell, I freaking blew right past a CHP officer on 101 and then I put the stops on.

Too late, he comes right behind me and follows me for a minute and pulls me over...

...He walks over the passenger side front window and asked me "do you know how fast you were going?"...I told him I don't remember, maybe under 80 mph...he laughed and said I (CHP) was doing 80 mph and you blew right past me. I told him if he could let me off as a warning, cause my wife would kill me hehe...

As he was talking to me about my speed, he was totally checking out the M, he really loved the way it looked. He walked to the front of the car and walked back to the passenger side window.

I'm gonna give you a fix-it ticket for no front license plate. Hallelujah!

He told me try to find a device which won't force you to drill holes into the front bumper and then take the front license off after you get it fixed. I told him I saw a front tow hook type of license plate bracket online, he nodded that was a great idea. He stated "if i had an M3, I wouldn't have a front license plate either".

I shook his hand and told him have a nice day.

I tell you, this car freaking rocks! I'll be attending the M-driving school in late June...can't wait to unleash the beast!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

You should have just smoked him
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
rwchrist
CMPULSV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine White

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
That's awesome...I am never that lucky!

2006 Imola Red 6-speed E46 M3 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
DutchManticore
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANIFM3 View Post
It was a Saturday afternoon (yesterday) the wife and kid weren't in the car with me this time around, so I didn't have to hold back in my e90 M3.

I was heading on 84 West and was preparing to take the on-ramp onto 101 north...I pressed the 'M' button and gunned it from 2nd to 3rd while jumping onto the on-ramp. The on-ramp begins with a slight right-hand curve and then of course straightens-out onto the freeway (this on ramp turns into a new lane on the freeway). There were no cars on the on-ramp, so I was on it like a bat out of hell, I freaking blew right past a CHP officer on 101 and then I put the stops on.

Too late, he comes right behind me and follows me for a minute and pulls me over...

...He walks over the passenger side front window and asked me "do you know how fast you were going?"...I told him I don't remember, maybe under 80 mph...he laughed and said I (CHP) was doing 80 mph and you blew right past me. I told him if he could let me off as a warning, cause my wife would kill me hehe...

As he was talking to me about my speed, he was totally checking out the M, he really loved the way it looked. He walked to the front of the car and walked back to the passenger side window.

I'm gonna give you a fix-it ticket for no front license plate. Hallelujah!

He told me try to find a device which won't force you to drill holes into the front bumper and then take the front license off after you get it fixed. I told him I saw a front tow hook type of license plate bracket online, he nodded that was a great idea. He stated "if i had an M3, I wouldn't have a front license plate either".

I shook his hand and told him have a nice day.

I tell you, this car freaking rocks! I'll be attending the M-driving school in late June...can't wait to unleash the beast!
Just remember that it's all due to the cops friendliness... you deserved that ticket full-on. Justa s long as you remember that :P
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

I was pulled over once for not using my turn signal in traffic and he gave me just a warning for the front plate, he said if I had this car I wouldn't have a front plate either.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

I wish I were that lucky for once. Once! Not ever happened even for 8 mph over.

Cops are a**holes here in Canada and they are everywhere with their radar gun. Having very low crime rate has its disadvantages that there are too many cops who have nothing else to do with their time, but to have donuts and coffee at Tim Hortons and give tickets out and fulfill their ambitious quotas.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
ABSAUTOBODY
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

best cop story i have ever read.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

you lucky ass son of a bitch

i would go buy the lotto right now today if i were you
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Man you really lucked out on that one!

It's good to hear that you'll be unleashing your beast at the M-driving school.

Many times, I also get so tempted to let my M3 loose on public roads, but it's impossible with the cops & traffic.

I'm currently making my plans to have regular track days, and I'm so excited!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
I wish I were that lucky for once. Once! Not ever happened even for 8 mph over.

Cops are a**holes here in Canada and they are everywhere with their radar gun. Having very low crime rate has its disadvantages that there are too many cops who have nothing else to do with their time, but to have donuts and coffee at Tim Hortons and give tickets out and fulfill their ambitious quotas.
maybe thats an Alberta thing.....i have no front plate on my M and didnt have one on my 335i....during my 3 yr lease on the 335i....i had two warning for no front plate.....and no ticket....pulled over once in M...no ticket.
be nice and polite...dont be a douche and your odds of not getting a ticket are greater.
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Does not matter how nice or polite you are. If the cop saw you speeding especially trapped on the radar, you are getting a ticket no matter what and how much nice, polite or smooth you are.

If the cop only saw you, the chances are much greater only because the ticket will get thrown out of the court due to lack of proof if the driver goes and challenges it. I have got a ticket thrown out because of the same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
be nice and polite...dont be a douche and your odds of not getting a ticket are greater.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-18-2010 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
You are damn lucky. Congrats, and happy to hear people still get let off easy these days.. especially in CA.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #13
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Lucky!
      04-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
mrdenis
mcopb8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManticore View Post
Just remember that it's all due to the cops friendliness... you deserved that ticket full-on. Justa s long as you remember that :P
Haha - I recognize that Dutch streak to bluntly tell the truth - I have the same urge! Keep it up .

PS: Hope you got my other follow-up message and that it did not get lost in the ether...

Cheers,

/denis
2006 BMW M3 coupe - sold
1999 BMW 540i touring - sold
Appreciate 0