BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

05-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #67
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90-330i

yesterday I was able to test drive a C63 at a local dealer who happens to get a 2008 'C63 AMG at their lot. The CA was able to just have me drive it around the parking lot several times to get the feel for it. Its undeniably very torguey from the get go, I was very surprse but still very concerned that the rear end is very loose. I almost wrap the car around a light post

This a very dangerous car to have to be playing around the torgueness, I though. This car reminds me of a Viper the has the power but without a purpose. This car longevity will be very short live I thought, with the gas prices moving towards $5 and more. I will have no control over how I need to manage the power, much less the gas I put in it. Its there and to be paid for at $4.26 every 10 miles. Not FUN

So OK lets say you're finally called a AMG guy, Can I still sustain hanging around my crowd for their long drives and not think that I have to fork another $75 to fill the tank, much else hope to find a service station nearby. Will folks see me and say "Look at that AMG, stopping for gas again. What a way to go to be a wannabe"

To me Not all that glitters is gold for why did the Benz GM offered me 2 ea. Benz 2yr/26k mile maintenance service last night in his effort to get my business. Its then clear that they cant moved the car with today economy, and high gas prices. The last thing a prospecrive AMG buyer coming from a Bimmer world is that he has to fork out cash for service every 10k miles driven.

Its foolish to even use the argument that there are 80 C63 AMGs vs 800 e92 M3 cars in the marketplace as a driving point for the favoring the Merc. Study your logic, is called proportionality. A guy that made 80 cars vs a guy that made 800 cars will both loose 10% proportion on their marketshare in a slow market. Its simply that the guy who made more cars, had projected bigger sales bcoz he has bigger market shares vs a guy that has less.

I find it amazing that these soon C63 guys, will leave Bimmer forums soon. I feel sorry for their overstay, its their final attempt in show their prowess in a wrong forum. In the Bimmerworld, its either you are or you're not. If you have not learned the wonders of a BMW, its too late to know now.

I hope to move up to a M3 someday, for it seems like it has the staying power that most can only attempt to dethrone. Even 335i owners brag of their Tque, find themselves turning the car for the M badge, soon I will be too.

Last edited by Flyingfart; 05-23-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #68
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart View Post
In the Bimmerworld, its either you are or you're not. If you have not learned the wonders of a BMW, its too late to know now.
That is absolutely small-minded and the fact you're concerned about gas prices reveals even more about you.

I don't need to trot out the list of cars that are already in my garage. (you can click my profile and see the pics tho) I am not a one-brand badge whore, I just buy the car that's best for me, and for what I will be using it for.... I don't criticize anyone else's choice.

BTW mcc, check out this new vid!

http://www.petrolhead.nl/2008/05/vid...edes_c_amg.php
      05-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #69
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 M-Sport (Loaded)

Rosetta Stone and Video

BTW mcc, check out this new vid!

http://www.petrolhead.nl/2008/05/vid...edes_c_amg.php[/QUOTE]

OKay...my first click was to the video, my next click was to Rosetta Stone
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #70
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep

Rosetta Stone and this Message

Quote:
yesterday I was able to test drive a C63 at a local dealer who happens to get a 2008 'C63 AMG at their lot. The CA was able to just have me drive it around the parking lot several times to get the feel for it. Its undeniably very torguey from the get go, I was very surprse but still very concerned that the rear end is very loose. I almost wrap the car around a light post

This a very dangerous car to have to be playing around the torgueness, I though. This car reminds me of a Viper the has the power but without a purpose. This car longevity will be very short live I thought, with the gas prices moving towards $5 and more. I will have no control over how I need to manage the power, much less the gas I put in it. Its there and to be paid for at $4.26 every 10 miles. Not FUN

So OK lets say you're finally called a AMG guy, Can I still sustain hanging around my crowd for their long drives and not think that I have to fork another $75 to fill the tank, much else hope to find a service station nearby. Will folks see me and say "Look at that AMG, stopping for gas again. What a way to go to be a wannabe"

To me Not all that glitters is gold for why did the Benz GM offered me 2 ea. Benz 2yr/26k mile maintenance service last night in his effort to get my business. Its then clear that they cant moved the car with today economy, and high gas prices. The last thing a prospecrive AMG buyer coming from a Bimmer world is that he has to fork out cash for service every 10k miles driven.

Its foolish to even use the argument that there are 80 C63 AMGs vs 800 e92 M3 cars in the marketplace as a driving point for the favoring the Merc. Study your logic, is called proportionality. A guy that made 80 cars vs a guy that made 800 cars will both loose 10% proportion on their marketshare in a slow market. Its simply that the guy who made more cars, had projected bigger sales bcoz he has bigger market shares vs a guy that has less.

I find it amazing that these soon C63 guys, will leave Bimmer forums soon. I feel sorry for their overstay, its their final attempt in show their prowess in a wrong forum. In the Bimmerworld, its either you are or you're not. If you have not learned the wonders of a BMW, its too late to know now.

I hope to move up to a M3 someday, for it seems like it has the staying power that most can only attempt to dethrone. Even 335i owners brag of their Tque, find themselves turning the car for the M badge, soon I will be too.
Ditto the Rosetta Stone and this message
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #71
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post

Good idea.

Sorry flyingfart, I apologize. I should be more P.C. in your case.
      05-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #72
Flyingfart
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
That is absolutely small-minded and the fact you're concerned about gas prices reveals even more about you.

http://www.petrolhead.nl/2008/05/video_mercedes_c_amg.php[/URL]
pls do us a favor a put this c63 as another crown jewel in your garage, bcoz it seems thats where its going to stay for awhile
      05-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #73
Flyingfart
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im glad you finally agree, the fact that you acknowledged brings me merit
      05-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #74
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:

What in the hell is this guy saying?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #75
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
I am not a one-brand badge whore, I just buy the car that's best for me, and for what I will be using it for.... I don't criticize anyone else's choice.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #76
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

..and I think I will use the C63 for blowing away BMWs (but only the ones with annoying drivers) at stoplights.... that will be its purpose!

I KEED I KEED!!!

BTW fart, if you think the C63 is "a very dangerous car" and you "almost wrap it around a light post" you should go to the track and see just how fun it is to control a car that's sliding.... OH YEAH!! You just gotta get the feel and the moves down, "bro"...
      05-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #77
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep

Huh??? Mystery to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
What in the hell is this guy saying?
I don't know, but apparently any fool can buy a BMW nowadays!

The scary thing is that his profile has an American Flag on it...great educational system, huh??
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #78
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

From the beginning I thought the c63 looked ugly but it has slowly been growing on me and I'm starting to love it. I keep wanting to cancel my m3 and go get a c63 but I keep telling myself to think of the maintenance and the gas.. Maybe one day when I can get over those two things I'll go merc.

But to all those future c63 owners congrats and have fun with the car!
20 Tesla Model 3
23 Audi R8 (on order, never came )
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #79
Flyingfart
United_States
Rep

C63 it aint worth it pal, I've been reading MBenz posts of whinning how much gas it takes to fullfill the thrill of 6.3 torque. I think the M3 is just right, its low end torque will save you gas, but underneath the the sheep skin is the hidden beast.
      05-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #80
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep

COTM Nomination!!

Quote:
..and I think I will use the C63 for blowing away BMWs (but only the ones with annoying drivers) at stoplights.... that will be its purpose!

I KEED I KEED!!!

BTW fart, if you think the C63 is "a very dangerous car" and you "almost wrap it around a light post" you should go to the track and see just how fun it is to control a car that's sliding.... OH YEAH!! You just gotta get the feel and the moves down, "bro"...
Hey C63 guys,

Did you see this announcement?

New feature: Vote for the Car of the Month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note. We've added a new feature where you can nominate any car to be featured as a car of the month.

At the top of every thread at the top right there is a drop-down menu labelled BimmerPost Submissions where you will find the option to nominate that thread/car to be the Car of the Month!

... You've asked for it, and now you get to choose the COTM

More new features are in the pipeline as well!

I just nominated the C63!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #81
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep

You are a class act, my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post
From the beginning I thought the c63 looked ugly but it has slowly been growing on me and I'm starting to love it. I keep wanting to cancel my m3 and go get a c63 but I keep telling myself to think of the maintenance and the gas.. Maybe one day when I can get over those two things I'll go merc.

I was in the same boat, myself. But seeing it in person and driving it is very convincing. It is a complete animal!

Personally, I love the: M3, RS4, and C63...wish I could justify having one of each flavor for different days of the week.

I hear you on the gas mileage concerns, but at the end of the day, I suspect they are both going to come out about the same mileage, +/- 1 MPG.

I also struggled with the maintenance question initially until I reviewed all my 545i maintenance invoices for the past 42 months to see how many times I actually went in for scheduled maintenance. As it turns out, with the longer intervals nowadays, I felt reasonably certain that 39 months of maintenance/scheduled service, repairs, and any sort of mileage differential could not erase the $8K that I am saving on the C63 purchase price.

Plus...the major intangible benefit...not seeing an M3 on every corner. Sometimes it is nice to have something special.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #82
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post

That little voice is only going to get louder and louder. If you look at the latest R&T sedan article, the C63 actually got better mpg, over the course of their test, than the M3. As far as maintenance... that's a huge deal to me too and I have no doubt the C63 will spend less time in the shop than the M3. The new M3 just has too many electronic settings and options to fail IMO. I feel a lot more confident in the potential reliability of the C63. It is a simpler design, less fussy to drive, and MB has done a lot to improve quality in all of their cars. I'm looking forward to owning a very fast TANK!

Besides, if you get the M3, do you really want to meet up with guys like flyingfart at local gatherings? He's not very nice.
      05-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #83
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just nominated the C63!!!
      05-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #84
Flyingfart
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear you on the gas mileage concerns, but at the end of the day, I suspect they are both going to come out about the same mileage, +/- 1 MPG.

I also struggled with the maintenance question initially until I reviewed all my 545i maintenance invoices for the past 42 months to see how many times I actually went in for scheduled maintenance. As it turns out, with the longer intervals nowadays, I felt reasonably certain that 39 months of maintenance/scheduled service, repairs, and any sort of mileage differential could not erase the $8K that I am saving on the C63 purchase price.

Plus...the major intangible benefit...not seeing an M3 on every corner. Sometimes it is nice to have something special.

thats if you can manuever and come out of the corner alive

quote from truthaboutcars.com

The only problem: trying to power out of corners in third or fourth gear. With the torque closer to its peak, the wheels can't deal with all the activity. Yes, we're going sideways– in spite of an optional $4k limited slip differential. Lift a little off the gas and everything is jake again. You can absolutely massacre corners at arbitrarily chosen speeds.

lolz

and this is of crse if you have enough gas left to make the next turn

05-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #85
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep

Abi Normal, perhaps!!

Quote:
That little voice is only going to get louder and louder. If you look at the latest R&T sedan article, the C63 actually got better mpg, over the course of their test, than the M3. As far as maintenance... that's a huge deal to me too and I have no doubt the C63 will spend less time in the shop than the M3. The new M3 just has too many electronic settings and options to fail IMO. I feel a lot more confident in the potential reliability of the C63. It is a simpler design, less fussy to drive, and MB has done a lot to improve quality in all of their cars. I'm looking forward to owning a very fast TANK!

Besides, if you get the M3, do you really want to meet up with guys like flyingfart at local gatherings? He's not very nice.
Yes, he is more Abi Normal than Hans Delbruck from what I can gather.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #86
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

true, as much as i like the c63 I think I will stay with the m3 just because they are both equally great cars and I feel like I can't go wrong with either choice. Plus I just like the look of the m3 more.
20 Tesla Model 3
23 Audi R8 (on order, never came )
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #87
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thats if you can manuever and come out of the corner alive

quote from truthaboutcars.com

The only problem: trying to power out of corners in third or fourth gear. With the torque closer to its peak, the wheels can't deal with all the activity. Yes, we're going sideways– in spite of an optional $4k limited slip differential. Lift a little off the gas and everything is jake again. You can absolutely massacre corners at arbitrarily chosen speeds.
lolz

and this is of crse if you have enough gas left to make the next turn

Did you get an "N" in Reading Comprehension?

You'd better leave this thread while you still have a chance.... !

(ppbbbbbbbbbbbfffffffffttttt - the sound flyingfart makes when he walks away)

OTOH, I am having fun... so stick around buddy. Everyone is welcome on the C63 thread!
      05-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #88
Flyingfart
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
You will give a fuck when one pulls up next to you at a stop light. It will smoke your ass.
actually no one really gives a flyingfart if you burn all your gas at the stop light to prove you are a total idiot. If you really think you can take a M3, go to the tracks.

if fun in the corners for a c63 is spinning out of control, I'd like for you to see the video on how the merc cant even control itself to hit an apple....

btw the circuit speed belong to the M3 on this run

lolz