BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Citizen Attempts to Ticket Cop

I don't think this is a re-post.. thought I would share

Last edited by E90Mario; 10-22-2012 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

PULL OVER!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

that grin from the cop is annoying
      10-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
It is pigs like this that need to be taken out back and shot like the dogs they are. (yes, they are both dogs and pigs... mandogpig.. similar to manbearpig, but less cool)
      10-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

WTF
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
There are videos like this all over youtube of idiots who harass cops for anything they think the cop is doing wrong. They just drive around looking for cops to slip up, its sad and pathetic. There are a ton of them involving open carry firearms too where the guy is walking around waiting for a cop to show up so he can act like he knows more than the cop does because he read a blog on the internet.
      10-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
There are videos like this all over youtube of idiots who harass cops for anything they think the cop is doing wrong. They just drive around looking for cops to slip up, its sad and pathetic. There are a ton of them involving open carry firearms too where the guy is walking around waiting for a cop to show up so he can act like he knows more than the cop does because he read a blog on the internet.
So the cop is in the right to not wear a seatbelt how?
or those assholes who turn on their sirens just to burn a light?

so it's ok when cops harass us, but not cool when they get a taste of their own shitty medicine?
      10-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Dude was being a douche, but it drives me nuts when cops think they're above the law. It's important that they sweat the details, since they expect the same from us.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I know this is devolving into one of those threads, but I'll say it: I've been pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc... Not once have I ever been harassed. Most of the time, as long as I am polite and courteous, I am let go. Out of the 10 or so times I've been pulled over, only once have I gotten an actual ticket. I find it funny that people have such misconceptions that all cops are pigs and are out to get you. The time to argue the validity of a law (like speed limits in general) isn't when you're already pulled over by a cop for speeding. They don't make the laws, they are paid to enforce the ones already made. Realize, it's a job for them, just like anything else.

But, it also doesn't mean they are above the law either. I understand people that get frustrated that cops abuse the system and aren't caught or don't get into trouble. But in reality, it's not just cops. I was just recently pulled over and got a speeding ticket. It sucks, but it was my fault. The next day, a cop was driving behind me in an unmarked car, a guy in front of me ran a red light quite obviously. The cop seemed to be paying attention and looking forward, but didn't stop the guy. If it had been me, I am sure I would have been stopped. It is what it is...
      10-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

[QUOTE=Templar;12880001]
Out of the 10 or so times I've been pulled over, only once have I gotten an actual ticket.

Yeah, I have had all sorts of interactions with the cops over the years in all sorts of situations. Never once have I had a problem with one.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I know this is devolving into one of those threads, but I'll say it: I've been pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc... Not once have I ever been harassed. Most of the time, as long as I am polite and courteous, I am let go. Out of the 10 or so times I've been pulled over, only once have I gotten an actual ticket. I find it funny that people have such misconceptions that all cops are pigs and are out to get you. The time to argue the validity of a law (like speed limits in general) isn't when you're already pulled over by a cop for speeding. They don't make the laws, they are paid to enforce the ones already made. Realize, it's a job for them, just like anything else.

But, it also doesn't mean they are above the law either. I understand people that get frustrated that cops abuse the system and aren't caught or don't get into trouble. But in reality, it's not just cops. I was just recently pulled over and got a speeding ticket. It sucks, but it was my fault. The next day, a cop was driving behind me in an unmarked car, a guy in front of me ran a red light quite obviously. The cop seemed to be paying attention and looking forward, but didn't stop the guy. If it had been me, I am sure I would have been stopped. It is what it is...
you're lucky..
a cop pulled me over and harassed me and my friend for over an hour because my tyres somewhat squealed (I didn't hear them squeal, and was not done on purpose) for example

that dick spent every second he could to try to write me up for as many tickets as he possibly could so he could meet his quota.
He also tried to belittle me, he was very dis-respective, and arrogant with me.
He tried to give me shit for my factory options on my P-car. (my car is bone stock)
he tried to suggest that I'm in some shady work because I can afford such a car at my age.

I once got pulled over because my tyres stopped on the line instead of right before on a stop sign, at 5:30am on a Monday, during winter (when the line was half covered with snow)

I got pulled over because my car slipped on black ice a bit at a stop sign and I went passed the line, and yes, while I technically broke the law, I didn't even make it to the cross walk line, so come on, it was a HUGE chunk of black ice, and they knew it was there because they had 2 other cars pulled over.

I've seen one asshole climb up on my friend's lawn and wreck it in order to catch people. Another was driving without ANY lights at night (not stopped, DRIVING) on a high way to become incognito. The amounts of time I've seen them put many at risk in order to set themselves up for a speed trap, fuck me...
      10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
there's a balance between shitty and good cops

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
So the cop is in the right to not wear a seatbelt how?
or those assholes who turn on their sirens just to burn a light?

so it's ok when cops harass us, but not cool when they get a taste of their own shitty medicine?
I didnt say the cop was right or wrong. But if you sit in the woods long enough, eventually you'll see a deer.

I've had a Honolulu PD officer jump a grass median in the rain to get onto the road I was on to pull me over for speeding when he wasnt even on the same road. In fact while we were on the highway he was in front of me the whole time until he stayed on, and I got off at my exit. Then he gave me a ticket for doing 68 in a 35 on an off ramp and reckless driving "because the road is wet". I dont remember how fast I was going, I was in complete control of my car the whole time, and I know the cop wrote me up because I'm white and in the military. However, I dont think every cop is out there to abuse their power and I'm not going to waste my time trying to catch them in the act.

What I was trying to explain is that even if you were the most mentally collected person with no paranoia, if you try to record a police officer for ANYTHING they are going to be suspicious. There are a lot of crazy people out there who think every cop is on the evil villain's pay roll and are paid to harass everyone. If I were a cop, I would be cautious that this person might do something, or just them having their camera out might influence someone else to do something stupid.

Police officers are people too, somehow a lot of society has dehumanized them, that's just their profession. They have families, and bills, and worries just like everyone in the world. Most people dont like having a camera in their face, just because you CAN film a cop doesn't mean you should and it doesn't mean they have to like it.
      10-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Jeez some of you guys are depressing, why does everything on E90post have to turn into butthurt or a debate lol
      10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
It is pigs like this that need to be taken out back and shot like the dogs they are. (yes, they are both dogs and pigs... mandogpig.. similar to manbearpig, but less cool)
l hay2a mishte2 la lebnen kteer?
      10-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

he should have done a PIT maneuver on his ass. haha
      10-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

if i was that cop i would have pulled the guy over and given him an ass whoopin'
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
This video made my day. LOL

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

This is my experience as well. I actually passed in between 2 cars on a one way two lane road where the cars were both going slow but had enough space between them for me to get through. So i hit it and jumped through. (was trying to catch my wife whom i was racing to dinner, loser buys) turns out they were both under cover cops and lights came out of the grills and dash quickly. Pulled me over, checked me out, i told them i was trying to catch my wife so i didn't have to buy dinner, they let me go on my way without a ticket or even a written warning.

I always open my sunroof and lock my fingers together around the roof portion between the driver window and sunroom when they're walking up. That seems to really put them at ease when approaching the car. i don't typically have a problem with law enforcement. Unfortunately they hire cops from the human race and because of this they are just as capable of making mistakes as i am.
      10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

I for one find everything hilarious. But this didn't do a thing for me. This guy was an ass, he deserves to get pulled over and cuffed just for the hell of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
I got pulled over for 65 in a 60 before. The cop came to my window and started yelling at me because the road was "damp" (it was spring time and the road was barely wet from the snow melting). He literally yelled at me for 3 or 4 minutes about it. So I told him listen, if you wanna write me a ticket, go write it. I don't have time to listen to you yell at me. He handed me my driver's license back and told me to "Get the hell out of here"

All the other cops I've been pulled over by were pretty friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #22
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Police officers are people too, somehow a lot of society has dehumanized them, that's just their profession. They have families, and bills, and worries just like everyone in the world.
Let them check their problems at the door when they put on their uniform. I don't care what their life problems are the same way if they pull me over if I'm late for some super important event they won't care. They are no humane, and that's why they have been dehumanized. They are fat, donut eating, power abusing douches who were not able to ever amount to anything, so they decided the only way they can get back at people who have made something of their life is by to try to annoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
hala2 ana bi lebnen.