BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

BPM

02-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Chicagoland Gasoline and Caffine in Naperville April 1st

One of my buddies brought this to my attention. I thought some of you Chicago area guys might be interested. I am excited to see that it appears there will be a Cars and Coffee type event out in my home town of Naperville on April 1st. I usually have to drive way up to the north and far north burbs...or even further for these events.

Here's a link to info for the event. Just based on the number of people I know who are already planning on attending this event it appears it should have a good turnout and should be a perfect way to kick off spring time.

http://www.gasolineandcaffine.net/Home_Page.html
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Interesting. I wonder how it will compare to Supercar Saturdays?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Interesting. I wonder how it will compare to Supercar Saturdays?
I doubt it will be as big as Supercar Saturdays since this is just the first year but based on feedback from other forums (MB/AMG, Audi, Porsche) there appears to already be a pretty large number of people planning on attending the April event. I know they are putting an emphysis on all makes and models and trying to avoid the snootiness of the Supercar Saturday events, if you don't roll up in a $175k plus car or a Lambo at Supercar Saturdays they stick your car out in the back lot LOL. This event is more of an informal arrive, park, sip on a coffee, chat and check the other cool cars event where ALL enthusiests are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
C-M2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 SG M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I doubt it will be as big as Supercar Saturdays since this is just the first year but based on feedback from other forums (MB/AMG, Audi, Porsche) there appears to already be a pretty large number of people planning on attending the April event. I know they are putting an emphysis on all makes and models and trying to avoid the snootiness of the Supercar Saturday events, if you don't roll up in a $175k plus car or a Lambo at Supercar Saturdays they stick your car out in the back lot LOL. This event is more of an informal arrive, park, sip on a coffee, chat and check the other cool cars event where ALL enthusiests are welcome.
partlow,

On behalf of the Supercar Saturdays team we welcome all events that build the Chicagoland Car Enthusiast network.

Unfortunately from what I've been reading on recent posts I have noticed that you have had a bad experience at Supercar Saturdays. I apologize for that personally. We try very hard to make this an event for everyone and do not turn away any cars from attending our events. Unfortunately certain parking spots are limited and those are filled up very quickly.(We've had people show up at 6am before waiting for parking) We don't turn away cars based on their sticker price or their makes. We have always tried to be true to ourselves and continue to keep this an event for all enthusiasts. Be it the import scene/ domestic scene/ stance scene/ exotics/ touring coupes or even the Off-roaders. Open to all! And that's the way we will always keep it. We consider a Supercar any of those as for everyone believes their car is special to them.

If you want to talk about things to improve your experience at SCS this season feel free to contact me. We are always up for suggestions.

Sincerely,
Bogus @ SupercarSaturdays
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smg Ftw View Post
partlow,

On behalf of the Supercar Saturdays team we welcome all events that build the Chicagoland Car Enthusiast network.

Unfortunately from what I've been reading on recent posts I have noticed that you have had a bad experience at Supercar Saturdays. I apologize for that personally. We try very hard to make this an event for everyone and do not turn away any cars from attending our events. Unfortunately certain parking spots are limited and those are filled up very quickly.(We've had people show up at 6am before waiting for parking) We don't turn away cars based on their sticker price or their makes. We have always tried to be true to ourselves and continue to keep this an event for all enthusiasts. Be it the import scene/ domestic scene/ stance scene/ exotics/ touring coupes or even the Off-roaders. Open to all! And that's the way we will always keep it. We consider a Supercar any of those as for everyone believes their car is special to them.

If you want to talk about things to improve your experience at SCS this season feel free to contact me. We are always up for suggestions.

Sincerely,
Bogus @ SupercarSaturdays
No worries, and yes, a couple of my friends pointed me over to the pissing match on 6Speed between my good friend Jim and several members over there. I have attended a few of your events, they are nice events and there are always some awesome cars in attendance but I don't quite buy your excuse on your parking situation. Every time my friends and I roll up to your event there are still dozens and dozens of empty preffered spots yet we get pointed out to a general overflow lot. I can send you e-mail confirmations from you(or whomever respondes to them) responding to my e-mail requests for preffered parking but none of us ever seem to get it. To be perfectly honest that is the single biggest reason we decided to start organizing our own events this year. Not wanting to compete with you we decided Sundays would work better and based on the approximate 50-60 e-mail responses we have recieved in less than 2 weeks and people chiming in on the various forums that will be attending we expect to have a nice turnout for our first event.

No hard feelings, we just decided to give it a go on our own and try out something new.

P.S. FYI, I am not the only person who has experienced this at your events, probably close to half of the e-mails we recieved have people knocking your event in one way or another, the two biggest gripes are people who are promised preffered parking and never get it and people that feel they are 2nd class citizens becuase they did not roll up in an F car or Lambo.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

I will try and make both this year as have done nothing like this before. Love that this is going on more and more around here.
      03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hopefully this great early springtime weather we are getting can hold out for another week or so for this event. I think temps are going to drop a little but 10 day forecast is still calling for highs that are above average
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
C-M2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 SG M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
No worries, and yes, a couple of my friends pointed me over to the pissing match on 6Speed between my good friend Jim and several members over there. I have attended a few of your events, they are nice events and there are always some awesome cars in attendance but I don't quite buy your excuse on your parking situation. Every time my friends and I roll up to your event there are still dozens and dozens of empty preffered spots yet we get pointed out to a general overflow lot. I can send you e-mail confirmations from you(or whomever respondes to them) responding to my e-mail requests for preffered parking but none of us ever seem to get it. To be perfectly honest that is the single biggest reason we decided to start organizing our own events this year. Not wanting to compete with you we decided Sundays would work better and based on the approximate 50-60 e-mail responses we have recieved in less than 2 weeks and people chiming in on the various forums that will be attending we expect to have a nice turnout for our first event.

No hard feelings, we just decided to give it a go on our own and try out something new.

P.S. FYI, I am not the only person who has experienced this at your events, probably close to half of the e-mails we recieved have people knocking your event in one way or another, the two biggest gripes are people who are promised preffered parking and never get it and people that feel they are 2nd class citizens becuase they did not roll up in an F car or Lambo.
There are no excuses, Its not something that I find acceptable and obviously there is an issue somewhere that needs to be addressed. Like I've mentioned here, ChitownM or 6Speed, I am all for making up for the bad experiences you or your friends have had. So please let me know how I can do that. Of the years that we have had the event going I have experienced less then a handful of complaints where people said due to the issues in their circumstances they would not show up. All the issues were addressed and now those people show up every time.

I would like to be able to do that for you and your friends as well. Preferred parking is something that we are on the verge of getting rid of and it has been in the works for some time. Half are for it Half are against it. Regardless on what side of the issue you're on. I'm reaching out to you/your friends to make your experience better. So please contact me and I'll see where the issue was and how I can correct it.

No hard feelings, had. I encourage you guys to have your own event and I'll probably try to make it out to one once I find a new car.

Thank You,
Bogus
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

2879 W. 95th St. Naperville, IL 60564

NE Corner of Rt. 59 & 95th St.

Time: 9:00am-11:00am
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smg Ftw View Post
There are no excuses, Its not something that I find acceptable and obviously there is an issue somewhere that needs to be addressed. Like I've mentioned here, ChitownM or 6Speed, I am all for making up for the bad experiences you or your friends have had. So please let me know how I can do that. Of the years that we have had the event going I have experienced less then a handful of complaints where people said due to the issues in their circumstances they would not show up. All the issues were addressed and now those people show up every time.

I would like to be able to do that for you and your friends as well. Preferred parking is something that we are on the verge of getting rid of and it has been in the works for some time. Half are for it Half are against it. Regardless on what side of the issue you're on. I'm reaching out to you/your friends to make your experience better. So please contact me and I'll see where the issue was and how I can correct it.

No hard feelings, had. I encourage you guys to have your own event and I'll probably try to make it out to one once I find a new car.

Thank You,
Bogus
No worries my friend, I should be able to attend your May 5th event, I love cars, car people and events like this so much that even if there were one or two events a week in the area it still wouldn't be enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 X6m

Who will be there?

I'm in.
2011 E92 M3 - SOLD
2004 E46 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SHiBA View Post
Who will be there?

I'm in.
THere are a handful of guys coming from the 1Addicts, a half dozen or so guys from the Zpost board(Z4s), a bunch of guys from ChitownM heading out. In addition to that there are a bunch of AMGs coming, a bunch of Porsches, a handful of Vette's and a few Audi's. A few guys from 6speedonline said they are going to bring their Lambos and Ferarri's too. We had to change the location to a Caribou with a bigger parking lot, we are expecting over 50 cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 X6m

I'm in Schaumburg...2 min from Streets. Anyone want to meet up and head out there together? Either at Streets or near 59?

Thinking about meeting at between 8:30a-9a and heading out. Can meet earlier if anyone is interested.

E92 M...
2011 E92 M3 - SOLD
2004 E46 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #14
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks to everyone that came out to the event yesterday. At one point I counted 41 cars. I think if the weather had been a little better we would have had double that number. I will be posting up some photos on the Gasoline and Caffine website later today. Our next event is Sunday May 6th. I will post details shortly.
Appreciate 0