BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Closed Thread

12-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #89
js2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
I don't care if Mike said it was shit. A few people said it was shit but a few people said it was good and it should have no problem fitting. Why don't you read the other members post again. He made an edit.

And what makes me a liar exactly? Let me know where I lied please. I have a positive itrader for a reason and that is not even including the people that didn't bother giving reviews. The OP started this thread with NO intention of a refund and just wanted to know how to install it. His first post even said that it fits. A few members said get your money back and he started asking for a refund. WTF?

Let me know how im a scammer.
imballin2day
Lieutenant

Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Send a message via AIM to imballin2day

Re: elite exhaust
Quote:

It does include both primary and secondary cat delets. And yes it does come with the xpipe. Shipping will be pretty expensive. Are you sure you want to pay for shipping and paypal fees?

imballin2day, this is your exact message to me. sorry, i had to post this message twice and bold the entire thing.

you sold me an exhaust which according to your own word contain both cat delete. its obvious that what you sent me was not what you've described. That is scamming.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #90
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

This thread his hillarious... I think ppl on here r being unfair. From the pm that the op posted, it does seem as if imballin today messed up with the primary cat delete. Might b a lie or might b an honest mistake, altho its hard to make that mistake and shouldnt be made since that alone can call for a refund because what he got was not what u said u were giving him. Either way tho, for those of u aying its a shit exhaust, thats not imballingtodays fault. The op chose to buy it, and for 1000 what more can u expect? U get what u pay for. As far as the primary cats go, op, if u do decide to keep this exhaust since like I said, Im almost positve its no prob to install, ur better off having those primary cats or else ud experience other issues like cel etc. Im sure u dont want any codes.

Imballing, I think u should be fair to the op. Everyone here is saying to give a refund, but like u, I doubt they would give refunds that easily as well. So to be fair, the op and I have spoken about getting this installed this saturday at the shop I go to. The guy who does the work is the best that i know, and custom exhausts r his "specialty". The op has agreed to get this done since all he wants is the exhaust installed and not lose anymore money then he has. I think it would be fair that if my shop cannot install the exhaust, that u issue a refund back. Not like I said, both of u can totally disregard this since Im really nobody to say this, but as an m3 forum member, i wouldnt want to get screwed either and i would actually be ok with this if it had happened to me. I believe its fair. keep in mindm the op will have to pay for installation once again at this new shop. Hope this will help the both of u, if not, hey I tried
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #91
js2000
Private
Rep

the point i am trying to make is that you have misrepresented this exhaust system in order to make a sale to me (this is just about as polite as i can be).

False representation/info not disclosed:

1. primary cat delete with this exhaust. 2. mufflers pipes were cut at different angles for shipping 3. this exhaust require welding and cutting up the OEM system.

attempts had already been made to install this exhaust, but there is no guarantees by anyone if it would work properly or even look straight hence exhaust shops have being turning me down left and right despite the fact that i am offering them extras for the install. the exhaust pictures from Mike's post were NOT taken by me, they were taken by the exhaust shop and I bet they had a good laugh too. Lastly, to install this, my OEM system would have to be cut which is something you should have told me as i would never have bought this off you. i do not know how much i must do to make you understand this, if you still do not think disclosure of such info is seller's responsibilty then you simply can not be reasoned (or you are just finding tons of stories and excuse to deny my refund).

for all the reasons above, i am asking for my $1000 refund. i will be paying for the shipping back.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #92
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Imballing, I guess the right thing to do is issue a refund. Attempts were made to install it so u cant blame him. Ur better off refunding then tarnashing ur reputation on here. Trust me, not worth it. And im sure u prob could sell it anyway to someone else who is looking for something more affordable.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #93
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by js2000 View Post
the point i am trying to make is that you have misrepresented this exhaust system in order to make a sale to me (this is just about as polite as i can be).

False representation/info not disclosed:

1. primary cat delete with this exhaust. 2. mufflers pipes were cut at different angles for shipping 3. this exhaust require welding and cutting up the OEM system.

attempts had already been made to install this exhaust, but there is no guarantees by anyone if it would work properly or even look straight hence exhaust shops have being turning me down left and right despite the fact that i am offering them extras for the install. the exhaust pictures from Mike's post were NOT taken by me, they were taken by the exhaust shop and I bet they had a good laugh too. Lastly, to install this, my OEM system would have to be cut which is something you should have told me as i would never have bought this off you. i do not know how much i must do to make you understand this, if you still do not think disclosure of such info is seller's responsibilty then you simply can not be reasoned (or you are just finding tons of stories and excuse to deny my refund).

for all the reasons above, i am asking for my $1000 refund. i will be paying for the shipping back.

thanks
DO NOT CUT THE OEM SYSTEM for a shitty set up like that!! It's not worth it. If you do it would be the dumbest mistake ever. And dont let some NYC taxi maintenance shop try to hack this thing together. TAKE THIS ADVISE...Get your money back; save up; buy a real Bolt-on system; keep the OEM system in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #94
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
DO NOT CUT THE OEM SYSTEM for a shitty set up like that!! It's not worth it. If you do it would be the dumbest mistake ever. And dont let some NYC taxi maintenance shop try to hack this thing together. TAKE THIS ADVISE...Get your money back; save up; buy a real Bolt-on system; keep the OEM system in the garage.
LOL... by "and dont let some nyc taxi maintenance shop try to hack this thing together", do you mean the shop I offered to send him to? I have a remus exhaust with xpipe, and I had to cut the oem exhaust for this just like many of the isenamanns had to do the same. These r 2500 exhausts were talking about. Does that mean they r shit as well just like the one the op bought for the simple fact that they had to b cut. Stick to ur oem exhaust but dont talk if u have no clue what u r talking about. There r many custom exhausts on this forum that required cutting of the stock exhaust along with either welding or most of the time v clamping. Those exhausts turned out to b great. Give the op's exhaust to someone who may have a clue and I guarantee u they will make something of it.

Imballing today kinda lied, fine. The exhaust wasnt what the op expected, fine. But do not tell me it cant be installed. A shop who is willing to work on it can not only install that, but make it look pretty good as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #95
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
that comment kind of sucked, to imply that gthirthyfizle uses a NYC taxi maintenance shop, lol... funny, but at the same time F'ed up, lol...
i actually thought to myself; "what a nice guy, to go out of his way to get the exhaust fabricated", but i guess the op doesn't want to bother giving it a shot...

this thread has gotten out of hand... it's almost become a witchhunt, with imballin' being the accused, lol... so the exhaust wasn't what the op expected, but the sticking point originally was "can it be installed", which the answer to that is a resounding yes... regardless if it's what some think is a POS or the best friggin' exhaust on the market, bottom line is, it can be installed... you don't want it, fine, then at least man up and call or speak with imballin', instead of going through this soap opera fiasco on the interweb, as entertaining as it has been... except the whining part...

i dunno... i'm still on the fence... i'd like to see that sucker installed first, lolol... maybe that's just me... the sound is nice on the elite, i'll give it that much...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #96
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
LOL... by "and dont let some nyc taxi maintenance shop try to hack this thing together", do you mean the shop I offered to send him to? I have a remus exhaust with xpipe, and I had to cut the oem exhaust for this just like many of the isenamanns had to do the same. These r 2500 exhausts were talking about. Does that mean they r shit as well just like the one the op bought for the simple fact that they had to b cut. Stick to ur oem exhaust but dont talk if u have no clue what u r talking about. There r many custom exhausts on this forum that required cutting of the stock exhaust along with either welding or most of the time v clamping. Those exhausts turned out to b great. Give the op's exhaust to someone who may have a clue and I guarantee u they will make something of it.

Imballing today kinda lied, fine. The exhaust wasnt what the op expected, fine. But do not tell me it cant be installed. A shop who is willing to work on it can not only install that, but make it look pretty good as well.
Look, here's the bottom line...The system is crap and no exhaust shop should go through the trouble of mounting (or trying to mount) it to an $80k car. Case Closed. Imballintoday, or what ever his name is SCAMMED this kid by sawing the system in half to save on shipping or whatever. So what's the resolution...to cut an OEM system off to install a piece of garbage? Not me bud. I'd rather buy a quality system, like yours (with connecting pipes) and bolt it up clean.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #97
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
that comment kind of sucked, to imply that gthirthyfizle uses a NYC taxi maintenance shop, lol... funny, but at the same time F'ed up, lol...
i actually thought to myself; "what a nice guy, to go out of his way to get the exhaust fabricated", but i guess the op doesn't want to bother giving it a shot...

this thread has gotten out of hand... it's almost become a witchhunt, with imballin' being the accused, lol... so the exhaust wasn't what the op expected, but the sticking point originally was "can it be installed", which the answer to that is a resounding yes... regardless if it's what some think is a POS or the best friggin' exhaust on the market, bottom line is, it can be installed... you don't want it, fine, then at least man up and call or speak with imballin', instead of going through this soap opera fiasco on the interweb, as entertaining as it has been... except the whining part...

i dunno... i'm still on the fence... i'd like to see that sucker installed first, lolol... maybe that's just me... the sound is nice on the elite, i'll give it that much...
I was making a joke and it was really great of him to go out of his way to help.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #98
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
If he knew he had to saw it to ship it, he should have disclosed it or find a local and sell it cheap, even if that means a loss.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #99
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Look, here's the bottom line...The system is crap and no exhaust shop should go through the trouble of mounting (or trying to mount) it to an $80k car. Case Closed. Imballintoday, or what ever his name is SCAMMED this kid by sawing the system in half to save on shipping or whatever. So what's the resolution...to cut an OEM system off to install a piece of garbage? Not me bud. I'd rather buy a quality system, like yours (with connecting pipes) and bolt it up clean.
Ur not getting the point here.... Of course the system is crap. Do u honestly, or anyone on here for that matter, honestly expect to get anythig better then crap for 1000 dollars? Cmon, everyone knows the prices on parts for our cars, they shouldnt expect anythig more for that price. My point was that the system can work. wether he wants to make it or not is up to him, and u know what, i dont blame him for not wanting to being that imballing wasnt entirely honest with what he was selling. BUT, to say that it cant work and its crap cause it was cut is nonsense lol. Its an exhaust, its some metal piping. Even in worse conditions that exhaust could be made to work. However, he should have been told that imballing was gonna chop it up lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
If he knew he had to saw it to ship it, he should have disclosed it or find a local and sell it cheap, even if that means a loss.
He should have also not disclosed false information saying that the primary cats were deleted. But he did lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #100
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ur not getting the point here.... Of course the system is crap. Do u honestly, or anyone on here for that matter, honestly expect to get anythig better then crap for 1000 dollars? Cmon, everyone knows the prices on parts for our cars, they shouldnt expect anythig more for that price. My point was that the system can work. wether he wants to make it or not is up to him, and u know what, i dont blame him for not wanting to being that imballing wasnt entirely honest with what he was selling. BUT, to say that it cant work and its crap cause it was cut is nonsense lol. Its an exhaust, its some metal piping. Even in worse conditions that exhaust could be made to work. However, he should have been told that imballing was gonna chop it up lol...

He should have also not disclosed false information saying that the primary cats were deleted. But he did lol.
Your right!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #101
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

1. this is why when you sell something you give every last detail on what you're selling

2. this is why you buy something you ask for every last detail on what you're buying

3. in the time it's taken to post this 5 page thread the exhaust could have been installed a dozen times over

4. it's just metal tubes, how can it be so hard to install? i've seen imballin2day's car around and the exhaust was there. i've seen a similar exhaust on tightie's car, too. for all i know it's the same exact piece. my point is that obviously it does fit. no affiliation, just saying.
      12-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #102
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
1. this is why when you sell something you give every last detail on what you're selling

2. this is why you buy something you ask for every last detail on what you're buying

3. in the time it's taken to post this 5 page thread the exhaust could have been installed a dozen times over

4. it's just metal tubes, how can it be so hard to install? i've seen imballin2day's car around and the exhaust was there. i've seen a similar exhaust on tightie's car, too. for all i know it's the same exact piece. my point is that obviously it does fit. no affiliation, just saying.
Its very apparent they r both at fault, one more then the other.... good luck with the both of u
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #103
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:

I have to jump in to correct some of what you said. A well designed exhaust is not just "some metal piping", it's the material being used in it, the shape of the tubes, the welds, the bends, the mufflers, etc.. For 1000 dollars, there are no options out there for our cars, but given the same amount, you can get quality pieces for other makes. While I admire your enthusiasm on making things work, but would you spend the time and money to make this particular one work on an 80k car which is going to rust very soon?
      12-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #104
js2000
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

imballin2day
Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to imballin2day

Re: elite exhaust
Quote:

"I have no idea how much shipping will be. Its a headber back full exhaust system."

"It does include both primary and secondary cat delets. And yes it does come with the xpipe. Shipping will be pretty expensive. Are you sure you want to pay for shipping and paypal fees?"

Both are exact quote from 'Imballin2day'.

Since this was sold to me as a complete 'headerback' exhaust with both primary and secondary cat delete. It was difficult to imagine that I would be needing to cut my OEM exhaust. yes, i should have ask him if this exhaust system requires cutting right around the end of the front xpipe....had i known that this is NOT a headerback exhaust. Seeing how 'Imballin2day' obviously knew the difference between a headerback vs. a catback system, 'imballin2day' purposely chose to deceive the buyer.

so how much detail must i ask? most of the details i asked the seller were answered with lies in the end.

this exhaust has been attempted and even mounted partially to get the angle right for the correct installation. hard evidence (see previous pages) had shown that it is a tough job which my attempts at multiple exhaust shops refuse to provide any sort of guarantees that it will work. not to mention that i brought the full 'headerback' exhaust system (in closed box) to the shop just to be shocked that my OEM system must be cut for it to work. just to add salt to the injury, these exhaust shop chose to give back my money instead of installing it.

was me asking for a full refund really that unreasonable?

to 'shoei': if someone sold you a half the exhaust he/she described, cut in pieces, would you 'man up' and try to install it? if not, why write those things?

i have called 'imballin2day' who was not picking up.

i thank you and appreciate all your time, input and advice. it is a hard lesson that i've learned. although i considered myself to be quite careful, there are lower class people who just can not be avoided.

At this point, i consider this exhaust to be a total loss (unless imballin2day found his consciousness and decide to respond to my refund)

i hope my $1000 loss can at least provide some 'precautions' for future buyers to consider and not let the scammers get the best of us.

buyers beware of 'imballin2day'

P.S. anyone know how i can file an 'internet fraud' report to the police, please PM me.

thanks

Last edited by js2000; 12-09-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #105
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Next Stop: Beautiful Staten Island

http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/bmw-...c-1_16_32.html
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #106
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Wow, they are in Staten Island!? All these years living in NYS and didn't even know it, learn something new today, thanks!
      12-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #107
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

page 5 explains how you are a scammer, no need for me to go into further detail. and you are the worst kind of scammer. there are scammers that just out right scam you then there is scammers like you who are all nice and shit then when it comes down to it just scam you in the end just like you are doing. it is real simple either refund him or you are no better then a scammer

you make it bad for the honest people on here trying to sell stuff. thanks alot

Quote:
I don't care if Mike said it was shit. A few people said it was shit but a few people said it was good and it should have no problem fitting. Why don't you read the other members post again. He made an edit.

And what makes me a liar exactly? Let me know where I lied please. I have a positive itrader for a reason and that is not even including the people that didn't bother giving reviews. The OP started this thread with NO intention of a refund and just wanted to know how to install it. His first post even said that it fits. A few members said get your money back and he started asking for a refund. WTF?

Let me know how im a scammer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #108
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

After reading 5 pages of this thread I can agree with a lot of people with what they are saying ( with the exception of Kyoshi and H bomb who are both morons imho.) Here is what I propose:

This thread started with help on how to install this exhaust and we figured out it is possible to do that.

I admit I am also at fault for confusing you with both cats delete and not telling you about welding.

How I see it, we are both at fault and have to reach a compromise so this is what I propose.

We know the exhaust will fit, and numerous members here have offered to help. Install the exhaust and show me proof that it was installed and if you do not like it I will give you a FULL REFUND back. I stand behind the product 100%. I am not trying to steal anyones money and I am really not to blame this whole thing on. So Js2000, either respond here or PM me because I don't want you to feel like you were scammed. I am here to help and make sure you are happy.

Last edited by imballin2day; 12-09-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #109
js2000
Private
Rep

Quote:
After reading 5 pages of this thread I can agree with a lot of people with what they are saying ( with the exception of Kyoshi and H bomb who are both morons imho.) Here is what I propose:

This thread started with help on how to install this exhaust and we figured out it is possible to do that.

I admit I am also at fault for confusing you with both cats delete and not telling you about welding.

How I see it, we are both at fault and have to reach a compromise so this is what I propose.

We know the exhaust will fit, and numerous members here have offered to help. Install the exhaust and show me proof that it was installed and if you do not like it I will give you a FULL REFUND back. I stand behind the product 100%. I am not trying to steal anyones money and I am really not to blame this whole thing on. So Jsoong, either respond here or PM me because I don't want you to feel like you were scammed. I am here to help and make sure you are happy.
thanks for your offer, i appreciate it.
the reason i am buying a headerback exhaust is so that i do not have to cut my OEM system. it is impossible to install your catback exhaust without cutting up my OEM exhaust, if you need prove for the installation attempt, that can be found on page 3 (see mike's post from the exhaust shop).
since this is not a headerback system, its in reality a catback system requiring cutting up my exhaust, it can therefore never be truly installed. i am sure you can understand where i am coming from.
please send me the refund and let us get this over with.

thanks
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread