BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

In-wall surround sound

Looking to put in a new surround sound system. Probably going to go w/ a 5.1 setup given the logistics of the room. Since i currently have all the walls opened up i just want to do an in-wall setup, however i am having trouble finding good center channel and dedicated speakers, other than your standard in wall surround speakers. Any suggestions on brand? places to look? All said and done probably going to spend around 1-2k.

THanks
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac355 View Post
Looking to put in a new surround sound system. Probably going to go w/ a 5.1 setup given the logistics of the room. Since i currently have all the walls opened up i just want to do an in-wall setup, however i am having trouble finding good center channel and dedicated speakers, other than your standard in wall surround speakers. Any suggestions on brand? places to look? All said and done probably going to spend around 1-2k.

THanks
SpeakerCraft
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac355 View Post

THanks
I had the same predicament about a year ago. I personally opted to not get in wall speakers. mainly because the good ones were really expensive and if in a few years you're sick of them then you have to either find speakers to fit those holes or have to do wall repairs. at your price range you could get some really good, smaller speakers that are mountable and easily swappable.

also if you don't have a perfectly centered room then the aiming of the speakers on an angle can get tough as well from what I read.

just my .02

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0