BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

03-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #2003
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7owner View Post
Mr. Gomon,
I'm a 10+ year member of the BMW CCA (gotta remember the *******,
and while I've never owned a BMW (joined for the track events), I've been very
impressed with the friendliness and welcoming attitude of the members I've
met. I also read each issue of the Rondel, with particular attention to the
letters section, as well as Mike Miller's Tech column.

You clearly want to maintain good relations with Husker, seemingly at the
expense of disgruntled owners. There've been plenty of other posters who've
made clear their own difficult/disappointing experiences with BMW dealers,
Husker or others, and yet you're telling us that the two local dealers are all
[paraphrased] "fine, upstanding citizens".

No, I don't think so. I think you're more interested in maintaining the "perks"
you might get from your position as a Chapter President, and don't like seeing
the boat being rocked so violently. If I were a local Chapter member, I would
be paying attention to your position, and looking around for another member
to support in the next election.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking, but hey, if more Chapter heads were willing
to fight for their members, maybe enough little pushes would finally be able
to steer the big BMW boat in a better direction, one where customer
appreciation really meant something.

Thank you for being a longstanding BMW CCA member for 10 years. For 10 of my 16 years of membership I have been the President of this Chapter and have run unopposed every time. I have been told I might have to move away or die to get replaced. I do appreciate your position on Chapter relationships as it relates to dealerships. Remember, BMW NA is hugely involved with the club as well and obviously sees that relationship as mutually beneficial or they wouldn't be offering the loyalty discounts of $500-$1500 for members that buy New or CPO's. This chapter would not fold if the dealerships failed to support the events. To suggest that I would use this forum to further my relationship with dealershp for "perks" is rediculous. I can see how you could weave that angle into it, but that is certainly not the case. I have NEVER bought a car from any of the dealerships, get no more discounts than any other member would (which is 20-25% at either dealership) and other than getting called when cool cars come in on trade (that I cannot afford) or to stop in for some Free Starbucks Coffee that everyone else gets, I got nada. I do not want to get into a debate with a fellow member and that is not my intent.
Hope to see you at the track some time!!!

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #2004
MattH25
Registered
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Hello followers of the mayhem

Just left the dealership. The M3 is in just as pristine a condition as the day I saw it and the White coupe delivered and the miles are as announced. (got pics of it, sat in it weeks before this crap started, I started it up, sounds great, looks great). I repeat, there is NOTHING WRONG with the damn car...period so we can stop that line of drivel. I have seen it several times this week and it is being well taken care of. Further, the car is Kens, it HAS been since Monday, all he has to do is have someone, anyone, send the money and pay for it...that's it. Nothing fishy about that. I don't know about the other legal issues as stated in the Lincoln based Lawyer, other than I know the terms of payment have changed since the initial agreement on Monday as lease was brought in which BMW of Lincoln had agreed to extend another 72 hours. One thing remains, he can have the car!! No one is denying him the car, unless payment is not tendered. The dealership, from Kens admission, has been helpful and even gave him the number of someone at E-bay when he could get not response. He asked everyone to please stop the $hitstorm and several posters on this blog reminded of this. This clearly did not happen and has done nothing but fan the flames. Some of the advice, and admissions of actions, posted here were a bit frightening.

In my opinion, some of what is happening now legally is a direct result of this onslaught. It doesn't affect me either way as I must remain neutral in matters like this. As President of BMW CCA, Missouri Valley Chapter in this region, we have a great relationship , as do our members, with both area dealerships. So, I am not posting to support or bash, just to relay what I know as several staff members of BMW of Lincoln are members, some board members of our chapter. Do I have Fil's (which is short for a very Italian name) phone number on my iphone, yes. Did I get an e-mail response from Larry VanTuyl on this matter when I e-mailed him, yes. Do I know the facts, seen the documents, heard the terroristic phone messages, text messages and other various pranks, and seen the disgust in the eyes of the operators that field these calls, yes. Still I kept quiet...

I have not posted as I really wanted to remain neutral, figuring that the bloggers that are digging up all the data would just flame me as a troll of BMW of Lincoln. Feel free to search all you want, I am simply a BMW CCA member with some insight. If this were happening to Markel BMW, I would be doing the same thing. It isn't an issue of Dealership loyalty. I would ask that you go back and check out the dates of the BBB reports. Fil has only been there for 6-9 months. The Z-06 deal was before he was there. A little more insight. The BMW and Mercedes Benz franchise is a separate sales and service building with its own GSM, its own budget, its own sales staff and mechanics. Those BBB reports were for the GM side, a block, and a world, away. Fil cannot control something when he was not even in the state.
Further, Fil did NOT even know about this situation until after the Internet sales guy tried to squash his screw-up, which is what it was, by some quick footwork that didn't obviously work. Fil found out about it, late on Friday and Ken was called and told by that it would all be straightened out on Monday as it was late, and Easter weekend was coming up. Starting Friday and continuing Sat and Easter Sunday this escalated into, well, I think we know. Know this, as promised, the car was Kens Monday. Were there some interesting requests, and did Fil get huffy on the phone, knowing him, he might have. Remember, bloggers hacked computers and were e-mail blasting him, his staff, his family and were calling him all weekend. TV reporters had called, local newspaper etc. Bloggers had called Fil's Father (who does NOT own the dealership by the way) during Easter Dinner. Also called and harassed were his sisters, brother and other family members. So, if you tell someone that it will be handled on Monday, and you get harassed ALL WEEKEND, I think I would have a few words for the ONLY person he could put a face on that had a role in all this. Given the actions of some bloggers, his actions were pretty tame.

Not even going to comment on the youtube video and the pictures, which I hear are very nice centerpiece of their case at this point. This is, in my opinion, nothing more that mob mentality and has gotten way out of hand. I can share this with you. That place was packed all week with people going in to check out the "infamous" ebay M3. In fact, BMW of Lincoln has sold, and pre-sold, more cars to locals this week thru the foot traffic generated by this so. I would bet they have lost nothing from the stack of new sales order I saw. Publicity, good or bad, is still publicity, get people out to check it out, and this is great FREE publicity. I hope it hits 2,000,000 posts!!!

To be quite honest, both of our area dealerships have great reputations and the CCA members go to whichever dealership is closer. The comments I am getting are, actually, not well received as to the comments and portrayals of the dealership by the bloggers. Most are saying it is just not their experience. Many supportive calls and e-mail were sent as well. For Ken I have this. Yes you will be getting your license place frames, your Husker football Tickets and, as all clients that purchase a new or CPO BMW at BMW of Lincoln, you will receive a 1 year membership to the BMW CCA (or a renewal if you already are a member). It is really too bad that you never heard that this dealership won an award from BMW CCA for the dealership signing up the most members of all dealerships in the nation...thats #1 of 368. Again, just stating facts and not throwing out random conspiracy theories.

From what I saw, BMW NA is not getting involved at this time, but I am told that E-bay and BMW NA will make comments once this is over.....I think you will be interested in that information. One last thing. Fil is Not just the GM, but a part owner of the Dealership, I don't think he will be firing himself anytime soon, certainly over something like this.

I am not a troll, just some lowly 1991 BMW M5 driver who happens to be closer to the situation than I expected. You can google me all you want. You will find pics of my car and articles I have written on our chapter newsletter as well as a link to our Chapter website. Feel free to flame me just the same, call me what you want, I have no angle here, nothing invested. I don't buy my cars from dealerships, only fellow CCA members. I do my own maintenance as I am an aircraft mechanic, and I don't work for BMW of Lincoln. All I can go on is my own experiences with them, which is quite positive, and I hear the same from fellow members.

From here on out, I will only make comments on what I KNOW is fact in efforts to quell this firestorm and set records straight. Hurry up Ken and get this thing paid for at this great price. In the end you are getting a great car.

Jeff Gomon, President
Missouri Valley Chapter, BMW CCA
Lincoln, NE
Yet another post that finally drew a lurker out of the shadows. No offense Jeff but taking your opinion about a company and individuals that you admitted both are members of your club and on the board of directors is akin to believing Dick Cheney rant and rave about the wonderful group of fellows over at Haliburton.

Not only is it clear that Husker BMW is poorly managed, it is clear that Fil and his comrades had NO intention of fulfilling their obligation till this internet firestorm hit. Believe what you want but myself, as well as the countless other business owners in this thread, would have given up our Easter Sunday to ensure that something like this didn't happen.

You say the heartlanders are a simple people. I would have to agree with this after watching this entire saga unfold. Only a simple person would not see the tremendous potential for great publicity that was discarded. Only a simple individual would have let this progress to where both sides needed to secure legal representation and lastly only a simple individual would value a relatively insignificant amount of money over their reputation. Call me a complex person, I'm a person that would like to remembered as a man of his word; where a handshake is all that is needed to seal a deal. I'm positive i'm not the only one here that feels that way and I'm also positive that I'm not the only one here that has lost a significant amount of money with that mentality. My reputation and my dignity will always take precedent over my finances. I only wish your buds down at Husker felt the same way.

At the end of the day I'm sure many at that dealership were disgusted. I would be if I worked there. I can guarantee you this however. As disgusted as they were at the comments directed towards them; it pales in comparision to the disgust of everyone following this saga unfold at the unfettered greed, lies, and complete disregard for ethical business practices that this dealership has been preaching.

Ken, congratulations on your car from the Utah Evo owners! We couldn't be happier for you especially considering we've had to deal with our own slew of shady dealers. Please post as soon as you get the Ebay auction rolling. I'll make sure my nigerian business manager gets the winning check sent-out ASAP :

p.s. check may not clear...and may actually be a bill
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #2005
88M3SanDiego
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I miss my e46 M3 dearly as well. I actually have dreams about that car. I dreamt that I stole it back from the dealership and picked up a really hot Latina girl... it was amazing until I looked in the back seat and saw my wife sitting there. I miss that car so much.
OK That made me laugh.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #2006
Old Cdn E36
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 318i

Way too many people with way too much inside knowledge posting on this.

Specific details of the customer-dealer negotiations should be confidential, I sure expect mine would be, and only increases the bad image of the dealer.

The poster who first brought up the "Can't afford it, is leasing now" comment posted the lease deal before the purchaser informed us. Bad, Bad, Bad.

Too many of the "dealer supporters" have posted neutral comments on the dealer and highly negative slants on unimportant details of the buyer. Even on the Ebay page the seller lists the leasing company as acceptable to them. So why slander the lease details or its timing.

The buyer has been questioned for being unwilling to accept the dealers (now) offer to get him there at their expense, to complete the deal. Ask yourself whether YOU would risk going into their territory after all the anger they've expressed? Not me.

Requests for personal financial details? Well, duh, the dealer wants to make a few bucks off the financing too. Been through it, no thanks. Ask yourself whether YOU would give those details to a dealer who has displayed such anger so far, and who seems to share these details with "loyal customers".

Why would there be now 4 attempts at intimidation (we're a multi billion dollar company, condition of purchase by manager requires negative publicity be negated, condition of 1st lawyer requesting buyer negate negative publicity, 2nd lawyer's threat to file suit over negative publicity), and through it all the buyer has requested a halt to the prank calls. But apparently the "loyal customer" claims they are selling a lot of BMW's because of this publicity. If that were true, then why would the dealership be trying so angrily to stop the flood they started?

The buyer has the right to decide the method of financing, and certainly has the option to change his mind on the means of payment. Ask yourself if YOU would pay full to such a seller based on the current state of affairs? No, you'd look for an outside lease to at least keep your dealings 3rd party, and place more of the risk on the lease company. All wise choices in the game so far.

Remember, when we buy from a dealer, we are the novice, they are the expert. They handle finances hourly that we see rarely. Not only that, they know ALL the stall tactics, and certainly have it in their arsenal to find a way to cancel the whole deal. Look at the current example"you took to long to close (because we stalled you!) so the deals off."

Don't forget, they will probably know at least someone at every leasing corp/financing corp, and may well have the inside connections to "stall" the buyers financing just long enough to "Ooops, too late, deal's off" !!

This is by no means over yet.

Take another look at comments of "satisfied customer", regarding ownership. Obviously Fil (if he is part-owner) will have full power to interfere where-ever he chooses, and does not need to listen (yet) to anyone, as he seeks to avenge his damaged pride. So he digs the hole deeper.
This will continue until someone above him takes away his shovel.
So far, not yet.

To date every posting by the buyer (or his counsel) has been basic descriptions and reporting of details.

To date most postings by the sellers friends/trolls/counsel have been lengthy error-filled attempts at defamation, distortion and intimidation.

Good thing it's all here in perma-text on the internet for all to see in perpetuity!

The stuff of legends, here in the making!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #2007
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

> every other person that has posted in this thread(and there have been
> many) who is from the Lincoln Nebraska area has noted how they do NOT
> like Husker. Funny, isn't it?

Incorrect. There have been a few locals stand-up for Fil or Husker. Their opinions were, ummm, unpopular. This isn't exactly a welcoming place. As Mike M so aptly opined, "Tough crowd."
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #2008
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cdn E36 View Post

Specific details of the customer-dealer negotiations should be confidential, I sure expect mine would be, and only increases the bad image of the dealer.

The poster who first brought up the "Can't afford it, is leasing now" comment posted the lease deal before the purchaser informed us. Bad, Bad, Bad.

Too many of the "dealer supporters" have posted neutral comments on the dealer and highly negative slants on unimportant details of the buyer. Even on the Ebay page the seller lists the leasing company as acceptable to them. So why slander the lease details or its timing.

The buyer has been questioned for being unwilling to accept the dealers (now) offer to get him there at their expense, to complete the deal. Ask yourself whether YOU would risk going into their territory after all the anger they've expressed? Not me.

Requests for personal financial details? Well, duh, the dealer wants to make a few bucks off the financing too. Been through it, no thanks. Ask yourself whether YOU would give those details to a dealer who has displayed such anger so far, and who seems to share these details with "loyal customers".

Why would there be now 4 attempts at intimidation (we're a multi billion dollar company, condition of purchase by manager requires negative publicity be negated, condition of 1st lawyer requesting buyer negate negative publicity, 2nd lawyer's threat to file suit over negative publicity), and through it all the buyer has requested a halt to the prank calls. But apparently the "loyal customer" claims they are selling a lot of BMW's because of this publicity. If that were true, then why would the dealership be trying so angrily to stop the flood they started?

The buyer has the right to decide the method of financing, and certainly has the option to change his mind on the means of payment. Ask yourself if YOU would pay full to such a seller based on the current state of affairs? No, you'd look for an outside lease to at least keep your dealings 3rd party, and place more of the risk on the lease company. All wise choices in the game so far.

Remember, when we buy from a dealer, we are the novice, they are the expert. They handle finances hourly that we see rarely. Not only that, they know ALL the stall tactics, and certainly have it in their arsenal to find a way to cancel the whole deal. Look at the current example"you took to long to close (because we stalled you!) so the deals off."

Take another look at comments of "satisfied customer", regarding ownership. Obviously Fil (if he is part-owner) will have full power to interfere where-ever he chooses, and does not need to listen (yet) to anyone, as he seeks to avenge his damaged pride. So he digs the hole deeper.
So far, not yet.

To date every posting by the buyer (or his counsel) has been basic descriptions and reporting of details.

To date most postings by the sellers friends/trolls/counsel have been lengthy error-filled attempts at defamation, distortion and intimidation.

Good thing it's all here in perma-text on the internet for all to see in perpetuity!

+1
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #2009
LilRedGXP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Quote:
I miss my e46 M3 dearly as well. I actually have dreams about that car. I dreamt that I stole it back from the dealership and picked up a really hot Latina girl... it was amazing until I looked in the back seat and saw my wife sitting there. I miss that car so much.
lol, well there's your problem ... the wife is in the back seat. Can someone explain why there is so much love for BMW's when MB makes AMG versions of their cars? Loyalty is a good thing but the manufacturer needs to earn it and that means all the way down the chain to the car jockey for a BMW dealership. The experience is only as good as the weakest link.

my 2cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #2010
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
Wow, tough crowd.
If Mr. Tanisaka cannot or chooses not to complete the transaction, then Husker will indeed keep the vehicle priced at $60,000 for the next willing buyer.
Bringing back an old quote. Just curious if this still applies. Michael, would you care to reply?
(although at this point, not sure who would touch this car)

This has been an entertaining week, but I am a bit confused now. Ken, what's the update on the payment? Hope you can complete this.
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #2011
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

As to the report that the fury is resulting in a sales bonanza and they are looking forward to "2,000,000 hits!!!" ... if I've told you once, I've told you 2,000,000 times, don't exagerate. <g>[/QUOTE]

That was NOT FROM them....that was directly from me. I meant, if sales have increased from the "Lookie Lous" stopping in, perhaps reaching 2 million hits will only increase it more. Again, no one at BMW of Lincoln said that, it was my attempt a humor. Voice inflection and meaning can be seriously twisted using "text only" explanaitions. If you knew me, I am always joking and being sarchastic. Grain of salt here please....
JEff
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #2012
RX7owner
Rep
Drives: Buncha 3rd gen RX7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Thank you for being a longstanding BMW CCA member for 10 years. For 10 of my 16 years of membership I have been the President of this Chapter and have run unopposed every time. I have been told I might have to move away or die to get replaced. I do appreciate your position on Chapter relationships as it relates to dealerships. Remember, BMW NA is hugely involved with the club as well and obviously sees that relationship as mutually beneficial or they wouldn't be offering the loyalty discounts of $500-$1500 for members that buy New or CPO's. This chapter would not fold if the dealerships failed to support the events. To suggest that I would use this forum to further my relationship with dealershp for "perks" is rediculous. I can see how you could weave that angle into it, but that is certainly not the case. I have NEVER bought a car from any of the dealerships, get no more discounts than any other member would (which is 20-25% at either dealership) and other than getting called when cool cars come in on trade (that I cannot afford) or to stop in for some Free Starbucks Coffee that everyone else gets, I got nada. I do not want to get into a debate with a fellow member and that is not my intent.
Hope to see you at the track some time!!!

Jeff

Mr. Gomon,
I don't typically confront people over the 'net, so let me simply remind you
that it's very easy for a voting populace to stay with an incumbent (I'll
refrain from pointing to the POTUS (well, I guess not)). I'll also mention
that the great majority of these posts contradict your position as the
quality and rectitude of your local dealerships.

Yes, upset customers are noisy, but why are they upset? Is it because
they're angry at being treated so badly? Are they all wrong? Is every
one of the people who've said "Husker Bad!" delusional, and you, and you
alone hold the truth?

Other than that, best of luck with your Chapter. Aside from the political
end of things, I know it takes a lot of work to maintain a volunteer
organization.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #2013
kart339
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3 - SilberGrau/Blk

Well said !!

Quote:

Don't forget, they will probably know at least someone at every leasing corp/financing corp, and may well have the inside connections to "stall" the buyers financing just long enough to "Ooops, too late, deal's off" !!

So far, not yet.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #2014
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
Bringing back an old quote. Just curious if this still applies. Michael, would you care to reply?
(although at this point, not sure who would touch this car)

This has been an entertaining week, but I am a bit confused now. Ken, what's the update on the payment? Hope you can complete this.
I thought I covered this one?...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #2015
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

> If you knew me, I am always joking and being sarchastic. Grain of salt here
> please ...

Understood.

I think we'd make fine friends, but doubt our paths will cross.

The only auto that I regret selling was my 2002tii. I'm embarassed, but
will admit that I swapped it for a [cough, look at shoes, mumble] oh,
nevermind. I was smitten with a lovely redhead and she preferred a
more fashionable ride. Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.

Last edited by rainsux; 03-28-2008 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #2016
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

one thing is pretty obvious to me: this is calling "all in" with a 2-7 off suit on the dealer side. they know they can't get this thing sorted out now even if they give the car to Ken for free, and they have no outs but to counter-accuse.

and those who are saying they are in the middle, you are full of it and you know it...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #2017
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknight xrs runner View Post
Wow, so the dealership won't complete the transaction because they never worked with capital one before? Looks like we need to really organize on this. Scott, looks like it's time to press harder.

Ken, don't worry, they don't know that theirs more to financing then their crap dealership. Why does the dealer need to run a credit check. they don't need to. Why won't they just fax paperwork from the dealer to capital one?

LAME!
EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT -

this was the site i used as my guide when i went shopping for a used car (gotta be a bit more careful b/c it didn't come right outta the factory, and ya gotta be more careful).

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/used.htm

on first page there should be a blue hyperlink "capitalone auto finance"

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/scams.htm

Scam #5: The "Your Online Lender Bounces Checks" Scam

How the scam works: The dealer sees your bank draft from a credit union, or online car finance sites such as Capital One Auto Finance, HSBC Auto Finance or AutoCreditFinders. Not wanting to lose the extra gravy of selling you the car dealer's RISC financing, they refuse your bank draft, lying to you that "online lenders bounce checks." They will say "their checks always bounce, so we don't take them". But gee, the dealer is willing to provide you financing, at higher APR. CapitalOne and HSBC are household names and many car buyers already doubt the salesperson's lies. So they may also tell you "well, they take too long to pay us".

Some salespeople stop at nothing. If your lender was bouncing checks, we'd hear about it via federal investigations. I get daily emails from people who financed with Capital One Auto Finance, HSBC Auto Finance with no problem. I used Capital One Auto Financeto finance my new 2004 Lexus GX470 SUV. Lexus had no problems accepting my CapitalOne check. My friend financed 2 used cars with Capital One Auto Finance. There's nothing wrong with dealer financing if they can beat your best APR. If not, use your online financing. Unless you qualify for a manufacturer's 2.9% financing, online banks will beat the local banks used by dealers most of the time, and online lenders often beat credit union rates. If a dealer spews out this scam and refuses your online financing, you the customer need to retain control and refuse to buy from that unethical and slanderous dealer. There are plenty of ethical dealers who eagerly accept online loans without the lies.

How To Avoid The Scam: Tell the finance manager you're onto their scam, online lenders have been in business for years and fund loans without bouncing checks. Then get up to leave. You should also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's Office, because we need to make this scam illegal for dealers who force you into higher APR financing. I get emails on this scam often, and if the state attorneys do not know this is going on, they can't help us consumers. The federal government should wrap this into the Truth In Lending Act. Here's our link to all 50 Attorney General's Offices.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #2018
RX7owner
Rep
Drives: Buncha 3rd gen RX7's

Quote:
That still doesn't give the mob an excuse to hunt and burn Frankenstein alive.

When the Frankenstein's been harming (not just scaring) the villagers for
ages, perhaps it does...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #2019
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RAC View Post
I thought I covered this one?...
Brillantly indeed.
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #2020
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
> every other person that has posted in this thread(and there have been
> many) who is from the Lincoln Nebraska area has noted how they do NOT
> like Husker. Funny, isn't it?

Incorrect. There have been a few locals stand-up for Fil or Husker. Their opinions were, ummm, unpopular. This isn't exactly a welcoming place. As Mike M so aptly opined, "Tough crowd."

You are so correct in that statement rough crowd. After 10 years in the military, I have grown a very thick skin and learned to consider the source. The only thing about being questioned is, you have to really care about what the people are saying or questioning you about. Believe me, anyone who knows me, knows the situation, knows I am not blowing smoke or fabricating things. To the best of my knowledge and experience, that is what I am passing along. And really, if people don't choose to share my position, which I assure you is neutral, fine. They can't cancel my Birthday!!!!
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #2021
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
I don't know. I mean, Fil's face is everywhere. He's famous. I'm waiting for some Youtube.com junkie to start putting his face on characters like they did with the "This is Sparta" videos... which if any of you haven't seen... must check them out on Youtube.
You mean something like this:
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #2022
Eddietheman
Rep
Drives: Station Wagon ftw

So BMW M5 Power,

what did you think of the video
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #2023
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

Great post...

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #2024
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
> If you knew me, I am always joking and being sarchastic. Grain of salt here
> please ...

Understood.

I think we'd make fine friends, but doubt our paths will cross. The only auto
that I regret selling was my 2002tii. I'm embarassed, but will admit that I
swapped it for a [cough, look at shoes, mumble] oh, nevermind. Stoopid,
stoopid, stoopid.
UUhhh!! I won't remind you what a Nice 2002tii is worth these days....THere is a wonderful frame off restoration of one that a guy owns in KC. Think the cars name is "Stella" and the article is called "Stella got her groove back" I bet you could find the article online. MAN is that one nice restoration. Every nut and bolt is perfect.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread