BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Mporium BMW

02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
jayb289
Private
Rep
Drives: horse and carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I have spoken to people who worked on Maybach in marketing and are kind of disappointed that the car has now become a patische instead of being taken seriously against Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The car had the potential to be a new approach to modern luxury but did not take the brand to its potential.
One Phantom customer told me that when he required about purchasing a Maybach he was told which entertainment customers had one. To which he came and bought a Phantom instead. Because aristocratic Europeans are not familiar and some even wholly despise that whole image.

RR has that image that appeals there is a legacy to RR and when the covers come off the new RR Wraith at Geneva in just over a weeks time the Maybachs failure will be complete because they done nothing , no investment whilst RR brought the Ghost to the market aswell as the additional Phantom models.
Maybachs crowning achievement was endorsements by pillars of society such as Bernie Madoff who had four Maybachs to ass clowns like Chris Brown and Kanye West.
Not to say RR does not have their fair share of popular unlikeable customers.

Although I did once see a Dubai registered Landaulet outside a hotel in Monte Carlo with a sumptuous black leather interior with contrast piping ..... After the seagulls visited. Which is a reminder of that old lightbulb joke.
To wipe seagull shit it took four people.

So now Mercedes are leveraging on the S-Klasse brand to rejuvenate the Maybach in that segment , which industry rumours point out that the upcoming S-Klasse is effectively the abandoned "small" Maybach the Maybach 53.

But at around the same time the super S-Klasse is revealed, 2016.
Rolls-Royce will roll out the next Phantom which is a sleeker , more raked back but just as large as today's model with ultra modern looks and an all new V16 engine to position the Phantom above the Ghost.
The design is not simply a larger Ghost.
Along with the standard Coupe , Drop-Head and EWB there will also be a V16 powered intimate 2 seater Roadster.
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>

your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
M5007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition Package

Thank you for sharing. For sone reason half the photos didn't load but the ones that did are nice
      02-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
Rolitto
Second Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW

If there's an ugly car, it's the Maybach.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #26
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb289 View Post
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>

your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
nice music... about nothing.
      02-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #27
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
That's interesting to see the 62S landaulet, I suppose they couldn't sell all of them so they just gave one to the museum!
      02-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #28
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Thanks for the pics!

I know the museum well, as its only about 10kms away from where I live.
You can also rent it for events. I know, because my dad celebrated his 70th birthday there!

An interesting fact: This is not an official Maybach Museum.
The owner is an enthusiast and collector and built it all by himself.
When he told Mercedes-Benz about his plans and asked for help, they turned him down.
When Mercedes-Benz had visited it after it was opened, they were blown away by the quality and effort and donated some exhibits.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #29
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC

Quote:
>>>

+1
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #30
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
>>>

+ a leviathan 1

I was a bit surprised to read this type of commentary buy SCOTT whom I respect.
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
... and an all new V16 engine to position the Phantom above the Ghost ....
V16

Freakin' Sweet.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
Matski
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:

I think you're missing the point SCOTT was trying to make. No manufacturer can really control who is seen driving their cars... but for a sales person representing a brand such as Maybach, to mis-judge a client by way of endorsing the brands quality using an inappropriate example, is piss poor salesmanship, frankly.

.. also, if Rolls-Royce can't be elitist... who can?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski

I think you're missing the point SCOTT was trying to make. No manufacturer can really control who is seen driving their cars... but for a sales person representing a brand such as Maybach, to mis-judge a client by way of endorsing the brands quality using an inappropriate example, is piss poor salesmanship, frankly.

.. also, if Rolls-Royce can't be elitist... who can?
That's fair... But is that not a reflection of the particular sales person. Not of the Brand itself or the Parent Company Mercedes Benz.

At the end of the day Companies are in business to make money. The way the world works there is a lot of new money out there and it isn't made by just entertainers. The beauty of the world today is just about anybody can make it. Especially in America. It tells me a lot about a person if their buying decision is based on who else bought the particular item..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
That's interesting to see the 62S landaulet, I suppose they couldn't sell all of them so they just gave one to the museum!
That white S62 was owned by MB. just look at the personalized tags. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
Matski
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa View Post
That's fair... But is that not a reflection of the particular sales person. Not of the Brand itself or the Parent Company Mercedes Benz.
Absolutely, but at this level there's not really an excuse. People would naturally expect more from a tiny dealer network with hand-picked professional sales people, than they do if they go and buy a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa View Post
At the end of the day Companies are in business to make money. The way the world works there is a lot of new money out there and it isn't made by just entertainers. The beauty of the world today is just about anybody can make it. Especially in America. It tells me a lot about a person if their buying decision is based on who else bought the particular item..
I agree, but if I were in the market for a Rolls-Royce, and the chap at the dealer said "Yes sir, Kanye has one just like it..." I would think he (the sales person) was a massive pillock, and that would bother me more than whether or not Kanye actually did have one just like it... because I don't care about that, yet the sales chap has made the assumption that I would. In my case I would still buy the car, because I would still very much like a Royce, however it would have tarnished the experience somewhat, and like I say, at this level, that's not really acceptable - even though it really is a minor point.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #36
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph
Quote:
to ass clowns like Chris Brown and Kanye West..
Is that BMW's official position? Lol. Needless to say I agree with that statement.
Ha!!! I love it

I think Scott26 had a few biers prior to post. Great stuff

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
It doesn't take much these days.

It's old money that shows the test of time. Anybody can rent a car and use it in a music video. To bad the young ones now are mostly superficial.

Values have gone out the window with the newer generation.
birdman is worth 130 million... owns a maybach and a buggati veyron. Doesnt rent them. New money is much more respectable than old money IMO
      02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #38
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski

Absolutely, but at this level there's not really an excuse. People would naturally expect more from a tiny dealer network with hand-picked professional sales people, than they do if they go and buy a Ford.

I agree, but if I were in the market for a Rolls-Royce, and the chap at the dealer said "Yes sir, Kanye has one just like it..." I would think he (the sales person) was a massive pillock, and that would bother me more than whether or not Kanye actually did have one just like it... because I don't care about that, yet the sales chap has made the assumption that I would. In my case I would still buy the car, because I would still very much like a Royce, however it would have tarnished the experience somewhat, and like I say, at this level, that's not really acceptable - even though it really is a minor point.
I am with you. There is a certain level of professionalism to be expected making such a purchase. I totally agree.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #39
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH

birdman is worth 130 million... owns a maybach and a buggati veyron. Doesnt rent them. New money is much more respectable than old money IMO
It's almost as if the 1% does not want to let any new members join their club. It's ridiculous... Claiming people who enjoy the same toys that you enjoy are superficial. Unbelievable..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #40
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

WOW

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0