BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

01-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #23
blu3wolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 M3

There's this:

He tests it in dry conditions...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
bb_00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3wolf View Post
There's this:

He tests it in dry conditions...
I think ppl should take this video lightly as there are lots of unknown variations.

Some of these, if not all, should be taking into consideration when compared to our M3.

1) S2000 has only ABS (no other electronically driving assistance, ie. traction control, DSC, etc.)
2) that car weights much less than ours therefore a loose backend might be easier to be corrected when slippery
3) the tested was done only on a flat straight line braking. What about other situation like uphill, downhill, turns, etc.

I'm sure there are other factors as well.

I used to have a S2000 and I did drive it in winter as well as my current M3. I have tried both cars driving with summer and winter tires in winter on both dry and snow/ice road condition. Even if it's true that the braking distance is longer with winter tires than the summers on dry road, I can certainly feel more control of the car using the winters.

At the end of day, it really is up to the driver. Drive sensibly. Cheers.
Appreciate 0