BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

05-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #23
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
very sorry for your loss. we lost our family dog just last week also and she was pomchi (pomeranian chihuahua). Lilly also was bleeding from her gums and ultimately died of blood in her lungs. we rushed her to the ER and her platelet count was extremely low and after a whole blood transfusion, 12 hours after being stable, her antibody was back at destroying platelets. small, spayed mid aged female dogs are prone to canine ITP i learned after he death. you have to detect it early in order to save the anima I guess. its only been a week and it was very rough, so I hope you go through this loss always remembering you gave that dog the best life you could and that's all that matters.

post a picture of your pet, she deserved to be remembered doc.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

i dont care what anyone says, dogs become more than just a pet, they become family, they become the only person who knows exactly what to do when you're feeling down. I feel absolutely terrible about your familys loss i wish you all the best

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #25
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Sorry for your loss.
We lost one of our Yorkies about 6 months ago, she wasn't even a year old, some low life POS stole her from our backyard!! Our neighborhood is gated and surrounded by 2 sides by a canal, and fencing around the rest of the property. We put over 100 signs around our neighborhood offering a reward as well as all the local vets, pet stores.... It's my fault for not having her on a leash/ letting her out of my sight. It's still pretty upsetting that someone would do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #26
sasha1015
Rep
Drives: VW GLI

Im so sorry for your loss
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #27
JMX328
Insert Something Witty.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Sorry about your loss. Pets are completely part of the family, and it's awful when they pass away.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #28
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Sorry to hear that. My parents had to put my dog down a couple of months ago. He had been sick for a couple of years with multiple issues. Being in the military its been hard as I've said goodbye to him like it would be the last time I would see him so many times because I didn't think he would be there the next time I went home. I fully expected to get a letter or email while I was in Afghanistan saying that he had passed, but he was still there when I came home. He was 16, which is pretty good as the breeder said he should only live to be about 13-14. It sucks for sure, part of the downside of naturally living longer than your pets.
      05-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #29
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I'm sort of late to this thread, but I feel compelled to express my condolences to you and your family. I have three dogs myself and I think everyone here will agree that pets - especially dogs - are not just pets. They are family and one of the few other animals we encounter that will give you unconditional love. Being in the medical profession myself I understand when you say it's strange being around illness and death regularly. It's "easy" to make it purely clinical and distance yourself emotionally but when it's family we can't do that.
Just remember all the others you do still have around that you love and who love you. The sharpness your grief will ease with time. My best advice (not that you need it or asked for it) would be to remember and cherish the fun and happiness your pup gave you. It may sound peculiar talking about the grief process this much but, this is what we do for family.

We're all here for ya bud...hang in there
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #30
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

I'm tearing up just reading this. I have a 11 year old black lab and a 10 year old border collie. I know that the day will come soon that they won't be part of my family anymore. Both are rescues, and I'm actually allergic to dogs but took shots for 6 months so I can have pets. What we won't do for our dogs.

Much love for you and the family.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

damn so sorry to hear man dogs really are the best, my condolences
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ

Garage List
Sorry for your loss. They really become a family member, not just a pet.
      05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #33
Deep_Blue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 335i e90

Sorry man. I have 2 yorkies and I can only imagine what it would be like to lose one of them.

Our little one (3 lbs) had to have liver surgery this winter to close off a shunt. She started having seizures and going completely limp. It was scary as hell.

Surgery was pricey (like upgraded turbos pricey) but it was worth it. They definitely become part of the family. Find a new puppy soon, hard to be sad around those guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

This is honestly the most depressing thread I've ever read on this forum. It goes without saying that I'm sorry for your loss.

For me personally I would not attempt to replace right away. That a family member is not something you just buy another of when the original passes away, you have to have time to make peace with the loss before moving on. But that's just my personal opinion and is what I have done in the past, going years in between.

That being sad, I'm going to go home and give my boy and extra long hug.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Sorry about your loss op. It makes me worry, my little chi is a little scavenger and eats everything and anything that fits in his mouth I've had to jam my finger in his throat and pull small objects out. I pray he never chokes on something and suffocates or turns his stomach. I cant imagine losing my chi, hes so energetic and loving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. About 8 months ago my wife and i had to decide to put down our American bulldog of 13 years. Very tough decision and we still miss him dearly. We had not planned on getting another puppy for about 6 months or so, mainly because of the time frame of the breeder we wanted to get one from. But God had other plans and within 7 days he gave us to an 8 week old American bulldog puppy. While we think of our last dog every day, the companionship of our new puppy certainly takes some of the sting away.
What was the reason if you dont mind me asking? my american bully is almost 9 now. i have her on joint supports and a pretty strict diet atm since shes 6lbs over weight, shes at 96lbs atm
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #36
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

sorry for your loss =( Pets are family.

Our 10.5 yr old Husky/Malamute is starting to struggle a bit and it's hard to swallow the fact that we may need to put him down soon =(
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #37
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Sorry about your loss op. It makes me worry, my little chi is a little scavenger and eats everything and anything that fits in his mouth I've had to jam my finger in his throat and pull small objects out. I pray he never chokes on something and suffocates or turns his stomach. I cant imagine losing my chi, hes so energetic and loving.

What was the reason if you dont mind me asking? my american bully is almost 9 now. i have her on joint supports and a pretty strict diet atm since shes 6lbs over weight, shes at 96lbs atm
Well, 8 - 12 is their typical life span. He was 2 months shy of 13 years old. At 8 years old he was about 105 pounds. At 12 years old he was 76 pounds which was great because he could still move around rather well. Some time between 12 yrs and 12 yrs 10 months he developed a tumor in his stomach which brought him back up to 96 pounds. The extra weight made it nearly impossible for him to move around. The day he couldn't make it out and back for the bathroom we decided it was time since he was too old for surgery.
      05-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #38
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

The more I learn of man, the more I like my dog ~ Mark Twain.

Sorry for you loss, sounds like a condition called bloat where the stomach twists.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #39
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

This brought back painful memories... My dog was very sick because of old age so I took him to the vet to put him down. While waiting in the lobby he passed away in my lap. I felt his last breath left his body.

That was more than 15 years ago and I still can't get over it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #40
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Condolences :/ . I cried when our Yorkie died. Everyone actually thought she was a Chihuahua since she was so crazy. My dad took her out for a usual walk but she ran off without her leash towards what she thought was another dog but was a coyote. I heard my sister scream from my room and I ran out. I saw my dog in the coyote's mouth, shaking its head violently, and my dad trying to get him to drop it but it kept circling. Eventually it dropped it and we got in the car to go to the vet. Hours later they said they can try to recover her but it'd be expensive and very unlikely. Plus she'd be living in pain and she was always so hyper so i was best if we put her down. It was so hard saying good bye, her whole torso was wrapped up and I saw her tearing. We were saying bye and she was trying to come with us but she couldn't get up. We all gave her a kiss on her head, crying, it was the hardest thing to leave her like that. I miss my dog. Unfortunately all my pictures of her are lost in old phones and computers.

Last edited by Amini77; 05-10-2013 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #41
krown
Private First Class
Rep

^^^

Wow. I can't take it. We need to lock this thread ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #42
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

It's crazy, my parents dog got run over by a car. I've never seen my dog cry in his life until that day. It's amazing, it's not just a pet like others have said its like a family member. Get another dog asap, always seems to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #43
krown
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
My dog got run over by a UPS truck on March 18th. It's a hard loss. I bought another Pomeranian but he's not the same. My condolences
x2 its not the same

RIP I know how it is brosif, pets are FAMILY.

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0