BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

03-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #89
bmv021
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
Having bantered back and forth with my SA yesterday, this is an excerpt of an email that I received from him yesterday. It's Cut and pasted verbatim so forgive the grammatical errors in the response from BMW Canada:

"The WS price of the comp pack on M3 Sed is $5,185 (+$400 special order fee).

Probably the customer is referring to the M3 Cou Competition Edition in which we included a nominal price (WS) of $3,550 for the comp pack, however, only as part of the Edition. Mostly, we kept the portion of the comp pack at a lower price to allow for a larger share of Individual content since retailers make 20% margin on Individual content as opposed to 9% for the comp pack. In other words the price of the comp pack was artificially low as part of the Comp Edition.

The comp pack on M3 Sed is still at the price mentioned above.
Regards,

Frederic"

Looks like 7MA is still $5k plus according to my dealer in Canada.

Asif

This is funny, I have the exact email from BMW Gallery yesterday as well. My SA told me there was two of us calling in on Saturday morning. Given we ordered a week apart from the same place Asif we'll have to get together sometime this summer and compare. I have SSII with black leather on order. B
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #90
CalgaryX3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmv021 View Post
This is funny, I have the exact email from BMW Gallery yesterday as well. My SA told me there was two of us calling in on Saturday morning. Given we ordered a week apart from the same place Asif we'll have to get together sometime this summer and compare. I have SSII with black leather on order. B
Thats awesome! Who is your SA? Did they give you an eta as to when your car would arrive? I've been told to expect the end of May or the beginning of June which seems like an eternity!

Asif
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #91
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY

Do you mind me asking when your order was submitted by your SA?
      03-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #92
CalgaryX3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksenna View Post
Do you mind me asking when your order was submitted by your SA?
Since the weekend of Feb 19th was a long weekend in Alberta, my SA submitted the order on February 22nd. I heard back from him last week advising that the order had reached "Design Status"; whatever that means

A
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #93
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
Since the weekend of Feb 19th was a long weekend in Alberta, my SA submitted the order on February 22nd. I heard back from him last week advising that the order had reached "Design Status"; whatever that means

A
Not that it helps in anyway, my replacement was ordered 3 weeks ago and I am expecting delivery end of April.
      03-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #94
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Not that it helps in anyway, my replacement was ordered 3 weeks ago and I am expecting delivery end of April.
Wow. That's a good turn around on your replacement. I'm sure having the car the way you ordered it will help with going through break-in again.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #95
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Wow. That's a good turn around on your replacement. I'm sure having the car the way you ordered it will help with going through break-in again.
I think the turnaround had something to do with involving a lawyer

Its real nice when car manufacturers are able to build you cars that you ask and pay for....

Are you getting your car clay-barred/detailed? I did and it made a big difference. I used 'piccus' and he is highly recommended on these forums. He is based in TO so probably wont work for you but he is top-notch.
      03-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #96
Nugs181
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3 ZCP

hey guys, just an update.

i got my SA to print me out a finalized invoice with all the pricing. This is what they put down for the competition package:
ZOK - Competition Package $3550
ZSP - Special Orders $400

Ended up getting 5 points off MSRP so I'm happy with that. Not the best deal I've heard of but certainly not the worst.

I recall reading from NSX (or someone else who wrote on this thread) that once i get the final invoice and sign it, if there are price over-runs (i.e. competition package is actually 5185), BMW Toronto would absorb the difference? is that true?

delivery expected for 3rd week of May - crikey...too long.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #97
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think the turnaround had something to do with involving a lawyer

Its real nice when car manufacturers are able to build you cars that you ask and pay for....

Are you getting your car clay-barred/detailed? I did and it made a big difference. I used 'piccus' and he is highly recommended on these forums. He is based in TO so probably wont work for you but he is top-notch.
I don't have a clay bar session lined up. I do have a clear bra appointment pending my delivery date. I'm not sure I'll bother with a clay bar before the clear bra appointment. I'm pretty lazy, and I think the clear bra will leave it's own orange peel effect. :P

There is a great guy here in Ottawa but I'm reluctant to drop another $400 in detailing.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #98
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugs181 View Post

i got my SA to print me out a finalized invoice with all the pricing. This is what they put down for the competition package:

Ended up getting 5 points off MSRP so I'm happy with that. Not the best deal I've heard of but certainly not the worst.

I recall reading from NSX (or someone else who wrote on this thread) that once i get the final invoice and sign it, if there are price over-runs (i.e. competition package is actually 5185), BMW Toronto would absorb the difference? is that true?

delivery expected for 3rd week of May - crikey...too long.
That's a great deal.
Mine ended up around 4.25% (but only because they listed the 7MA at whole sale, it wouldn't have been that much if they marked up the 7MA as well) so you bettered my deal. You're saving more than the dealer is making (on the straight up car cost, they win on PDI, revenue numbers, and the maintenance contract). Plus with that Comp Pack price you're really looking at 6%+.

Sign, drop deposit. Sit and wait for an awesome car.

My dealer in Ottawa would stick by any signed paper work. They are truly stand up (Elite).

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #99
Nugs181
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

really? check out this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361779

if I were to use these numbers as a rough starting point (could be somewhat stale but I'd assume that there numbers couldn't have changed that much), it seems as though the dealership is still making money on the car (even before the PDI, maintenance contract etc)?

on a base 2010 m3 coupe, it looks like the dealership's wholesale cost is ~9% below MSRP?

maybe i'm interpreting this all wrong, though?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #100
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
That's a great deal.
Mine ended up around 4.25% (but only because they listed the 7MA at whole sale, it wouldn't have been that much if they marked up the 7MA as well) so you bettered my deal. You're saving more than the dealer is making (on the straight up car cost, they win on PDI, revenue numbers, and the maintenance contract). Plus with that Comp Pack price you're really looking at 6%+.

Sign, drop deposit. Sit and wait for an awesome car.

My dealer in Ottawa would stick by any signed paper work. They are truly stand up (Elite).
Did you deal with Alex?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #101
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Did you deal with Alex?
Of course. He was recommended to me by another M driving colleague.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #102
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
really? check out this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361779

if I were to use these numbers as a rough starting point (could be somewhat stale but I'd assume that there numbers couldn't have changed that much), it seems as though the dealership is still making money on the car (even before the PDI, maintenance contract etc)?

on a base 2010 m3 coupe, it looks like the dealership's wholesale cost is ~9% below MSRP?

maybe i'm interpreting this all wrong, though?
9%, right. So if you saved 5%, they make right around 4%. So you saved more than they made over whole sale.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #103
Nugs181
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

oh geez - i'm a dummy. right right! haha
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #104
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
I don't have a clay bar session lined up. I do have a clear bra appointment pending my delivery date. I'm not sure I'll bother with a clay bar before the clear bra appointment. I'm pretty lazy, and I think the clear bra will leave it's own orange peel effect. :P

There is a great guy here in Ottawa but I'm reluctant to drop another $400 in detailing.
I didn't clay my car either after delivery, just a synthetic polish and wax. I did the "plastic bag test", and the paint and finish was actually quite smooth, with minimal imperfections. Maybe I got lucky. Or maybe I'm still ignorant about claying and paint finish. I'm going to try claying the car myself this summer (more for fun than anything) with a very mild clay.

Quote:

Congrats on securing the great deal on the comp package! I would consider 5% off MSRP a great deal these days on an M car. Or more like 6% as James calculated with your comp pack deal. The wait is torturous....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:39 AM   #105
SharpEL123
Registered
Rep
Drives: IS AWD

Quote:
You can lead a horse to water.... and sometimes you'll have to walk down the road to another stable to try a different horse.

If that's not geographically possible a call to BMW Canada should sort it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
James is right. Unless your SA is offering an unbeatable discount, it's time for another SA and/dealer. Good luck, and don't wait too long to order!
Quote:
Good humour, different thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckles View Post
Sharp, you might be able to have your $400 special order fee waived as per Mark's advice. And for some we just have to put up with the incompetance of a local dealer because we really don't have any alternative. Also you might be able to work out a better deal, take a look at this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478583
Quote:
7MA/Comp package is definitely available. There do seem to be regional (competency) issues in ordering it but its nationally available. I had issues in ordering 7MA but when I escalated to BMW national distribution, the package was miraculously added to my order despite being told repeatedly by the stealership that it was not available on an E90. I was quoted $5650 + $400 to order.
Quote:
Up date on mine since I have taken delivery.
My CA didn't know of the Competition Package, however upon my request looked it up, and indeed we agreed on adding the 7MA to my order. Which I can confirm was delivered as specified.

Also, I love it.
They had a Sapphire Black 1M Coupe at The Welt, and with the same wheels the two sit so completely differently (at least the E90) that the wheels work well on both in my view, and in a different way.

The ride on the German roads was no more intrusive than the V8 rumble that is ever present.
Hello All,

Just want to sincerely thank you to those who re confirming the competition package. Long story short, I was (finally) able to confirm the order for an E90 with ZCP ! (production sometime in April therefore a May delivery as per my SA)

However, just when things seem to be coming together, the unthinkable (well, maybe just unexpected) happened

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-25/automakers-lose-230-000-vehicles-of-production-from-japan-quake.html

Unsure how or if this affects BMW. Hopefully a May delivery will not turn into a Sept delivery.

More importantly though, hoping for a speedy recovery in Japan.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #106
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Good to hear SharpEL123,
I wouldn't anticipate any significant delays to the build of your car.

Though the wait is long enough already. I waited 95 days until my ED date and now I wait more for the car to come home after a taste in Bavaria.

When my car comes back, or perhaps if I go back and look at my photo from Munich I'll start a Canadian 7MA / ZCP Photo thread in this forum. That might help others with their orders as the E9X's wind down.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #107
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

That's weird, my SA mentioned I needed to get the Executive package if I wanted Competition. Oh well.. too late now!

All I really wanted out of it was the wheels anyway.
      05-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #108
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
That's weird, my SA mentioned I needed to get the Executive package if I wanted Competition. Oh well.. too late now!

All I really wanted out of it was the wheels anyway.
If you just want the wheels turner Motorsports has them for about $2300 for the set. From the dealer a single rear 359 runs about $1000.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #109
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
If you just want the wheels turner Motorsports has them for about $2300 for the set. From the dealer a single rear 359 runs about $1000.
Sounds about right. I tried to negotiate a set of 359s into my deal and it was firmly denied.
      05-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #110
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sounds about right. I tried to negotiate a set of 359s into my deal and it was firmly denied.

36-11-2-284-060 RIM STYLE R359 10x1 $962.50

Appreciate 0