BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Passing on my #1 allocation M3 Coupe...

I've decided to pass on my ordered status 150 6MT M3 Coupe because I will wait to order the same car with the optional M-DKG transmission. If anyone wants it, PM me and I will give you the contact info of my dealer in the Chicago area. MSRP, no mark-ups, week 6 production, delivery around March.

Details:
Alpine White M3 Coupe w/ extended fox red interior, fully loaded with all options except moonroof. No moonroof because this car will have the carbon fiber roof.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

Well I'm in the chicago area, and I would maybe, except I don't like the red interior. What dealership is it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
masmole
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
Well I'm in the chicago area, and I would maybe, except I don't like the red interior. What dealership is it?
PM with your email if you're really interested and I can give you the info privately. I'd rather not post my dealer's contact info because it may upset people who are on the list behind me and find this post on the internet. They will be offered the car too but I doubt there will be any takers right away.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Actually thats the exact reason I was wondering, cause I dont want white with red interior and I'd be pretty damn pissed if you were number 1 at my dealer and now you've just wasted an order.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 03:33 AM   #5
masmole
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Actually thats the exact reason I was wondering, cause I dont want white with red interior and I'd be pretty damn pissed if you were number 1 at my dealer and now you've just wasted an order.
Geez! Now you're accusing me of wasting an order? You're a fvcking jack-asz for saying that without even having a clue of what's going on! I just posted here to see if I can possibly help a local forum member who is way down on the list get an M3 sooner and here you are jumping into conclusions and telling me that I wasted an order. You can be pissed all you want but it was my dealer who made the mistake of telling me I should spec my M3 out ASAP before it goes into status 150 even though I had already told them that I'd rather wait the extra couple of months for the M-DKG. My dealer convinced me to spec the first allocation and assured me that the M-DKG will not arrive until next year as 2009 model and if I still wanted one then I'd be the first person that can order it. As we now all know, that is wrong because the M-DKG will be available as of March production. I didn't waste an order, but due to misinformation regarding the availability of the M-DKG that they had given me a month ago, they are now making up for it by promising me the next allocation where an M-DKG can be specified. On top of that, I have bought many cars from them including an M5 and this is the courtesy they extend to me as a valued customer. And If you happen to be on the same list behind me, tough luck. But don't blame me. If you want to be pissed at the dealer, go elsewhere. I'm sure they won't have any problem selling the other M3's that will be allocated to them and they'll be crying that they lost someone on their already long M3 wait list.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for waisting an order in Chicago ass, I'm sure there are others that feel the same way as I do.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
masmole
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for waisting an order in Chicago ass, I'm sure there are others that feel the same way as I do.
Wow, you're a fvcking douche! Did you not read my post describing how it was my dealer at fault for telling me MDKG was not coming for a year and I need to spec the 6MT now? They even owned up to it and now have set things straight. I did not make any demands to bump people down the list on my account, and in fact I told them I'd wait until next year if I have to. If you still feel differently, that's too fvcking bad. Go cry in the corner you whiny b1tch!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Shut up, if anybody's whining on here its you. Read your posts. It amazes me that somebody that has amassed enough money to own an M5 and an M3 resorts to calling people a douche on the internet. The fact of the matter is, that an order was indeed wasted, whether it be your fault or the dealers, and if it was at my dealer, I wouldn't be pleased with it. And instead of trying to "help" a fellow forum member out thats way down on the list, why not do it the appropriate way and let the dealer take care of it, by calling people in order and asking them if they would like the car as is. It's ok masmole, not everybody on this Earth is going to like you, or agree with you, that's something you are just going to have to live with.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
masmole
Captain
Rep

I could care less what anyone thinks of me or if anyone agrees with me or not. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it. You're the one who initiated being pissed at things and accusing me of wasting an order. If you think I did, that's your opinion but keep it to yourself. The whole purpose of the original post was to give fellow forum members a heads-up in case someone might be at the bottom of a very long list and wants to jump in and get lucky. My dealer suggested that I pass along the word to friends so I did. Since most of my friends are hippies by heart and all drive hybrids or econoboxes, I figured I'd also post it here where there's a more deserving audience. But instead of sincere inquiries, I get someone with alternate motives who resorted to premature accusations.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
      01-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep

An order was wasted, end of story. I don't see any premature accusations, you ordered a car, and you aren't going to buy it. How is this not WASTING an order?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #12
masmole
Captain
Rep

Quote:
An order was wasted, end of story. I don't see any premature accusations, you ordered a car, and you aren't going to buy it. How is this not WASTING an order?
If you feel that an order was wasted, that's fine but don't cry about it to me. Don't pretend you're interested in the car when all you were doing is being sneaky in trying to find out if we have the same dealer. I can do nothing for you. Bringing up your disdain for what my dealer has done and will be doing to remedy the situation has accomplished nothing in this thread. My original post had nothing but sincere intention to help someone else get an M3 sooner. Upon revealing your motives and I quote: "you've just wasted an order", you did nothing but directly accuse me as being the one entirely at fault ignoring the fact that 1) my dealer insisted I spec the car regardless, and 2) my dealer assured me that an MDKG tranny will not be available until next year at the earliest. Even if you were behind me on the same dealer wait list, complaining to me here will not change your position in line. Complaining to the dealer might, but that's up to you but it certainly won't change mine.

Fortunately, it looks like someone that I referred from the local Audi club has just contacted my dealer and there is a strong possibility they will take delivery of the original car I ordered. Since I know the potential buyer, I'm glad my own sales person is not losing a sale and the that my spec'd order will not be sitting on the floor as demo for a while, and as you refer to it, my order will not be "wasted". Hell, I might even ask for a ride when he takes delivery. Considering your demeanor regarding the situation, if you really happen to be with the same dealer, I'm now glad I could help "waste" your order.
Appreciate 0