BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

03-29-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Schomp Detailers?

Looks like Schomp is running a spring detail special, and my M could use a little love.

Has anyone ever used them for detailing?

I haven't really found another option I love, and Schomp is super close so I'm half-tempted to give them a shot.
      03-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Haven't used them for detailing (only for warranty work and regular service). I'm sure my husband would appreciate if I outsourced a good clay bar, polish & wax though! If you end up using them, let us know how they did...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
JABSprings
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 / ESS VT2-650

I don't have experience with the detail or service shops, but purchased a truck from them and will never go back. They have a "factory" mentality with poor customer service. I'm 100% Winslow. Excellent all around.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The Schomp stealership sucks. I bought my car there and have never gone back.

There are better detailers in CO that I know of. One is located off 6th Avenue and Simms. They do full paint correction and detail.

This is not the Schomp special though. They potentially charge a lot more than Schomp depending on the condition of your paint. These guys are legit though.

When I went down there a couple months back, they had a GTR in the bay, a couple of P-Cars and some other pretty sick rides. It is a small business which is nice too. Probably not worth going to if you are looking for a quick wax job, but may be worth checking out.

Exotic Image Detailing
810 Quail Street Unit A, Lakewood, CO.
(720) 276-2437

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Ive been considering purchasing their detail package as well. Seems reasonably priced...

Ive had good and bad experiences with Schomp. Ive bought two cars from them and it seems to be hit or miss... I actually just got a call from my CA who told me he put me down on the list to do the "M Drive" day they are hosting at HPR. I went last year and it was a blast! They seem to do a lot of "VIP" events and always invite me.
      04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm still waiting for it to stop snowing, so I haven't done anything yet.

What kind of work did you end up having them do?

Exotic Image is run by one of the guys who was a part of The Intrigue Detail before the rest of them packed up shop and left for Texas. I had a fair amount of work done by them awhile back, and left with mixed feelings. Sure they always had nice cars laying around, but that is no longer enough to sway me.
True. The person I spoke with over there was professional and seemed to care about the work they were doing. He mentioned something about Intrigue Detail that I think you were mentioning. I can't remember all the details.

Anyways, I never ended up having them do my paint correction as the winter was approaching. I was planning on giving them another visit once this weather clears up.

So personally, I can't vouch for their work. However, I do plan on using them in the next couple weeks unless I find a better alternative.

Please let me know what you end up doing...

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0