BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

02-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

FS/WTT (MA): Meticulous AW E46 M3 VCSL + cash for AW E92 M3 DCT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD!!!!!!!!!

For Sale Ad in web view: http://csldawe46m3.weebly.com/

Below is my farewell to my amazing E46 M3 that has brought much joy and fun to my life over the last couple of years. Since the MY2000 launch of the M3, I dreamed about owning this car. I lusted over it and finally was able to purchase one after graduation. I built this car as a one-of-a-kind machine, with extreme thought put into each modification, maintenance, and street driving manners. I’ve put a lot of hours, studying and testing - not to mention blood, sweat, and tears - into this car to get it to this point. Whoever owns this car next will be very happy with it, and enjoy it more then I can.

Summary:
Before you get into the details - It is THE turnkey perfect E46 M3. The modifications were extremely well thought-out and tested to bring out the true character of how an M3 was designed, while not defeating the BMW’s purpose of the luxury/performance/daily driveable nature This is how I balanced modifications that did not come with a downside of being too loud, too stiff, or track only, or have problems with emission compliance. Not only am I a car enthusiast, owning every previous year M3 prior, but I detail vehicles professionally, along with DME/ECU professional tuning, I think I’m slightly (undiagnosed) OCD, and the car benefits from it. I believe you will not find an M3 cleaner than this one for the year. You must see it to believe it.

Reason for sale: Simple – 2008-9 E92 M3. New lifestyle possibly leans towards automatic (DCT) due to city traffic, as does an injury of mine and different priorities - so it has been garaged more frequently. It is time to pass it on to someone who will enjoy it as much as I once had the time to do, and drive it the way it was intended - I kept it as only a garage queen. The car is fully paid for. I am not in a financial position where i need to sell it – clean title in hand. It is garaged and not taking up space. I’ve had every generation of M3, so this makes sense to move and start building the new platform.

Why is it special and demand over book value? It’s in near showroom condition. It is enjoyed but barely driven, and never abused. Thanks to the beautiful full detail job and nearly obsessive upkeep, you won’t see the few nicks from road debris on the lower front air dam, or the dimples and scratches from inconsiderate people. It has been meticulously cared for, serviced and has never once seen a car wash. (It is one of my few instances of physical exertion to hand wash it every weekend.) As I have a company vehicle, it rarely sat under the sun – always garaged when it was not on the road. It is smogged and registered until December of 2011.

Readers: Please do not clutter the thread with comments on price, modifications, photog-ing, part outs etc. This thread is for discussion and question/answer between a serious buyer and a serious seller, please respect it.

Overview of the vehicle:

2002 Alpine white BMW M3 3.2L S54

6 Speed, 2 door, Alpine white exterior with Grey Leather/Titanium interior trim
ALL options car: Cold weather, Premium, 16.9 NAV, HK upgrade, PDC sensors
16:9 Navigation with OEM TV tuner, DVD player integration built into trunk into factory NAV screen
Cold weather package, Ski sock (removed but included , headlight cleaners, heated mirrors/seats)
HK upgraded stereo all around
Just turned 70,xxx miles 90% highway/ 10% city - was CPO till 60k.
Non-daily driver, average 3,000 miles per year. Mostly driven to and from shows – no commuting. Garaged 24/7, never left outside. Never seen snow or salt, barely any rain I know all previous owner history which was identical to mine.
IMMACULATE condition, meticulously taken care of/upgraded/professionally detailed
Clean title: No accidents , no stories – FLAWLESS, clean carfax
Original owner bought/serviced it 100% as a CPO BMW M3 at a reputable dealer, the paper trail of the car’s history was followed closely by me upon purchase –(All included)

Modifications:

Exterior:

19x9 F 19x10 R iForged Seneka wheels in Brushed Aluminum with 235/265 Falken 452 tires. Less then 400 miles! Road force balanced
V-CSL double-sided CF trunk, keyhole deleted (rare discontinued item) fully painted + LED plate lights conversion
V-CSL half carbon diffuser
V-CSL GTS3 front CF splitter
OEM Euro bumper (reflectors deleted, and plate holes deleted)
Professionally rolled rear fenders for wheel fitment
Cold weather front eyelid delete (comes with washer eyelids as well)
Stealth Bulbs
LED Taillight conversion
39% Optik tint all around, 10% sunroof
Philips 5000k HID Headlight bulbs
Philips 3000k Foglight bulbs
Orion V2 LED Angel eyes, wired to hidden on/off interior switch

Interior:

Titanium Interior trim
Full interior LED conversion
ZHP leather shift knob, with matching 6spd boot
Custom installation of K40 radar system into center console
Custom installation of Adjustable Bass gain for Infinity Basslink

I.C.E:

Full integrated K40 Laser/Radar/Diffuser setup built underneath car (cockpit controlled)
OEM 16.9 NAV with upgrade NAV software, in-dash Tv Tuner, and DVD integrated into trunk which runs off remote:
All speakers upgraded to Alpine Type-X (with dynamat) on OEM amps, replaced “separate” OEM tweeters with new. (Sounds awesome)
DICE Silverline IPOD Integration
Full rear seat, and rear trunk has Dynamat underneath carpet for noise/drone absorption
Infinity Basslink with remote bass gain setup in interior

Engine/Drivetrain:

AFE S1 coated heatshelid box. Large Pro-S AFE dry filter
SAMCO black intake arm boot
Custom section 1 rasp terminator with (2) 18” Magnaflow resonators, 100% rasp elimination
0tek Rear muffler section (Excellent low key sound when coupled with midpipe)
Custom PC/BT Tuned DME file for modifications
Rogue Engineering (Street) Transmission mounts, and Brand new OEM motor mounts and Guibo
UUC Big Boy clutch stop

Suspension:

BC Racing ER Inverted strut coilover kit with adjustable camber plates. Comes with both 8k and 10k springs. Car currently has the 8k street springs installed.
BC Racing Adjustable camber plates -4 camber to +4 (verified)
BC Racing front endlinks and FSM/RSM’s
PowerFlex RTAB bushings
OEM Strut bar added from 2003+ M3
Brand new OEM rear endlinks
Brand new OEM spring pads
Brand new OEM front L/R wheel bearings/Hub assemblies

Brakes:

AP Racing 14.8” Big brake kit, 6 pot front, 4 pot rear using Euro CSL rotors
DS2500 Street pads all the way around
Stainless lines F/R with Motul Fluid

OEM parts replaced due to age or wear and tear:

Exterior:

OEM Bosch headlight lenses with new
OEM Corner lights
OEM sidemarkers
OEM foglights and trim
OEM grills
ALL interior trim replaced under warranty
Shift knob/boot
BRAND NEW 100 mile OEM E46 M3 Steering wheel Tri-M Stitched
All roundels
New mirror glass from heated mirror discoloration

Interior:

Shifter trim
New center console
OEM trunk carpet mat
Various replaced stock parts included

Maintenance:

All Inspection I and II’s completed by BMW Dealership, along with all CPO work
New upgraded Battery (less than a month)
Motor mounts
Transmission mounts
Guibo
Front control arm bushings
Rear endlinks
Vanos filter
Brand new OEM front L/R wheel bearings/Hub assemblies
All services 15k, 30k, 45k with all OEM parts used. Including the dreaded valve adjustment
Always ran OEM fluids, nothing else
Tire pressure set weekly (even though the new set has less than 300 miles)
Every rattle, squeak fixed before bumper to bumper warranty was up, including the rear deck.
All TBS and Recalls completed
Always ran factory Castrol oil, changed every 5k with OEM filter
Does not burn ANY oil in between an oil change (freak M3)
Always ran Shell V-Power 93 octane, never anything else
Periodically Seafoamed and Techron injector cleaner
A/C never used, full charge and blows cold

Detailing: (Weekly/Bi-Weekly)

Power washed with Zaino Z10, full exterior, engine bay, and undercarriage, wheels, exhaust
Claybar'd with Zaino z6, dried by method of air, no friction
Quarterly Zaino coats (z5 pro, AIO, CS), and periodical machine polishing if a swirl would show up with full Menenrza products (SIP, PO85)
Hand polish windows inside and out every wash, door jams, dress tires and wheelwells.
Polish headlights, taillights, muffler
Full vacuum and dressed mats, steam cleaning every other month, and seats taken out every 6 months for cleaning, magic eraser followed by leatherique products applied quarterly
No smoking or food or pets allowed in vehicle, no bags or anything with the ability to scratch allowed in backseat, only trunk. (This does not go over well with females FYI!)
Not a significant scratch, mar, rock chip, or sap drop/tar on this whole car! Even with its OEM BMW paint! People ask me if it’s been fully re-sprayed before, the answer is NO

Turn Key vehicle:

Completed sorted out and checked twice
Full compression motor that doesn't burn any oil like normal S54s
5+ hours of impeccable part throttle and wide open tuning
All fluids are fresh and new along with filters
Brand new suspension components and alignment
Brand new road balance wheels and tires
Very new brake components including flush, and rotor rings and pads

Condition report:

Exterior:
Looks amazing. All panels line up and all paint work matches perfectly. No misfitment of bumpers, hoods, or trunk. Over 4 hours spent making V-CSL trunk to look OEM alone
Interior: Freshly steam cleaned. Free of scuffs or any other marring. Cigarette lighter has cover slight marring over the years. Rearview mirror has no issues like normal M3’s
Trunk: Fresh OEM carpets and detailed. DVD and Basslink do not take up much space due to placement.
Engine Bay: Immaculate, one small mar on the strut bar paint from where it contacts the hood, Very normal on E46
Paint flaws: None! Near showroom condition. A full detail will be completed prior to delivery to new owner
Tire tread: 98%+, Brand new all the way around
Brake life: Over 70% left all the way around on pads, newer friction rings (rotors) all around
Fluid life: Oil/Brake/Transmission/Diff fluid completed within last 1000 miles
Filters: All fresh, Air/Oil/Vanos/Microfilter

Performance/Observed street driving characteristics:

301whp on 93 octane
Brakes are very daily driver friendly, don’t squeak and street pads don’t need heat to bite well. They also wear really well less dust and extended life over stock brakes
Suspension is 32 way adjustable and rides better then a stock progressive spring M3 at 50% settings
13.2@108 in 100 degree weather (one and only pass made on previous tires)
23 MPG city 28 MPG highway
Passes inspection here 100% with 35% tint and custom tune, it accounts for and uses all new DME logic for readiness monitors. Most cars have trouble with this, this M3 does not
Car is rock-solid reliable, it has not even thrown one problem or check engine light since I purchased it
Subframe inspected and in-tact, all recalls performed, all service bulletins performed

Previous recent vehicle references: (to show the lengths I’ve gone and cleanliness of previous cars)

JDM STi WRX

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1334654

E36 M3

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1768103

FINANCING (aw/ir02vert paraphrased): Due to the nature of the car, there is a very significant factor that will come into play if you are choosing to finance your purchase. At best, with your top-tier credit score, you should be able to get up to 125% financing on the Blue Book Retail value of the STOCK car plus its corresponding tax, which for this particular vehicle with all the options factored in is around 22,000. You will not be able to 100% finance this outright through a bank as an auto-only loan.

Serious Inquiries only: No tire kickers or lowballers, or low ball PMs, these replies or emails will be ignored. This is not a car for someone who wants a cheap KBB E46 M3. Car is flawless, with EXTREME attention to detail and cleanliness. Any and all worn item was replaced with OEM and car looks almost as good as Showroom NEW. This is the car for someone who wants a perfect sorted like-new E46 M3 with some of the best modifications on the market with all the weaknesses/trouble areas of the E46 M3 eliminated.

FAQ - PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ME VIA EMAIL.

I have tried to anticipate the most important issues that might come up.

1. Please obtain your own financing if necessary. I will not carry any loans, nor accept credit cards.
2. Out of state buyers must set up their own shipping arrangements. www.uship.com works great.
3. I have a Carfax report, and I will email it to you at your request.
4. I will not entertain any swapping out of parts or parting out parts. The car will be sold as is in one piece.
5. I understand this car appeals to a specific demographic and person with liquid finances.
6. I reserve the right to refuse a test drive. Test drives will be accompanied by the seller.
7. Car will be shown by appointment only in Central MA location. I will not drive out of my way to show it.
8. A $500 Deposit will hold the car for 5 days, after that it is non-refundable. This window is necessary as deposits in past have turned from I need 3 days to I need 3 months to come up with the cash. This epidemic essentially pushes out potential buyers. The rest of the money needs to be wired via ACH, cashier’s check, or cash.
9. Please, no joy riders or daydreamers. SERIOUS buyers only. Pre-approved/cash customers. As mentioned above you may not be able to finance this outright through a bank as an auto only loan due to value so make proper arrangements prior. I want to give my undivided attention to the proper buyer and their questions and do not want to waste time on craiglist style question/offers and demands to non-serious buyers.

Interior/Engine/Trunk pictures and video will come when the roads clear up.

Price: $28,000 firm

Email: Bgriffin02@gmail.com for inquiries. Don't hesitate this is one of the nicest E46 M3's around.

No Trades: Unless it’s an AW E92 M3 + cash on my part.
Perfect car for E92 owner trying to get out of payments and put it towards an E46 M3 or building a VF/HPF monster - this M3 has everything ready for boost.

Last edited by bren335i; 03-12-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

gl wit the trade bren the e92 is insane. This car is a great example of a nicely done e46 m3 that has been taken care of the right way. Anybody who is remotely interested i suggest you check the car out its worth every penny.

Last edited by M3Alpine; 02-02-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

To all buyers:

You will not find another guy on this planet with vehicles this clean. He is borderline INSANE when it comes to vehicles, in a good way

The mods have been done right, good luck with the sale!

-MD
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
edcvin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5 | 2011 M3 | 2020 X3M

If I was ever the in market to purchase a pre-owned vehicle, you are the type of seller I would purchase from. Judging from all the details and with past cars, you definitely have the enthusiast connection with your cars. Best of luck bro and hopefully whoever the new owner is will take care of this car as well as you did.

-Vin
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
bren335i
Banned
Rep

Vin - Thanks for the positive comments on my ad. That is what I am trying to get across to owners who want more then the average used car.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
bren335i
Banned
Rep

Sorry for the wordy post but I want potential interested parties to know it is absolutely up for straight sale.

Price: $28,000
Email: Bgriffin02@gmail.com for inquiries
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
bren335i
Banned
Rep

PENDING SALE/TRADE ON E92 M3. Pending buyer's bank agreement.......

Last edited by bren335i; 02-09-2010 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Good to hear - I will give you a call back shortly - have been on the slopes riding!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #10
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
let me know if sell/trade falls through
      02-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
hoeferland
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 Sedan

I second that. Let me know if it falls through, because I would be interested in purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
bren335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
let me know if sell/trade falls through
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
bren335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeferland View Post
I second that. Let me know if it falls through, because I would be interested in purchase.
PM Sent.

Last edited by bren335i; 02-25-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
bren335i
Banned
Rep

PMs returned. Original trade fell through.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
bren335i
Banned
Rep

SOLD!!!!!!!!!

All AW E92 M3 owners looking to sell, please PM me!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #16
yangrou
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e46 convertible

nice car
Appreciate 0