BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
Jamesomania
Private First Class
36
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary Alberta canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
How did you managed to get $8k discount?
I got something like 9k off a new M3. I used dealer buildout cash, bmw loyalty cash, drive event cash, and then the dealership gave me 4200 off the sticker in addition to mfr rebates. There are usually a lot of mfr rebates to be had but dealers don't have to let you know about them.
What's bmw loyalty cash?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
Jamesomania
Private First Class
36
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary Alberta canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Not sure what you would use it on, haven't bought much from the dealer except part here and there that I need right away. Maybe some cleaning supplies to get the poutine smell out.
OEM leather cleaner AND OEM air freshener should do the trick!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725773

Already got this good product
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #25
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6832
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Not sure what you would use it on, haven't bought much from the dealer except part here and there that I need right away. Maybe some cleaning supplies to get the poutine smell out.
Poutine. O Canada! Here to the South we need to get the poontang smell out. (Sorry all you ladies. The pun was too good to pass up and overwhelmed any trace of maturity that I have.)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
5744
Rep
18,871
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Thought they were the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Edward
Colonel
United_States
284
Rep
2,965
Posts

Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesomania View Post
What's bmw loyalty cash?
As with almost any other european and many other non european dealerships, the mfr will rebate you cash if you either trade in a BMW or better yet, a competitor's car. The dealers don't have to let you know crap about these rebates and can eat that up if they want and use it as they please.

When I was getting my car, any BMW dealership would rebate you something like 1500 or 2500 if you specifically traded in any mercedes any year.

We happened to have a BMW sedan no one in my family really drove so we just traded it in and got the loyalty discount.

Build out cash is a bit weird but it's some other weird rebate that the mfr can give you on certain models. And of course BMW always does drive events so they give you 1000 for showing up and pretending to care about whatever car they are trying to sell you. You can usually apply that 1000 discount to any new model for months into the future.

Basically if you're not getting below invoice, you're not getting a good deal. I mean thousands under invoice. Not like $500.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #28
05Mdriver
Colonel
05Mdriver's Avatar
121
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: TT Flat Six
Join Date: May 2010
Location: pa

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2007 Porsche Turbo  [5.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
grab an oil change kit or two !
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #29
baba louey
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
As with almost any other european and many other non european dealerships, the mfr will rebate you cash if you either trade in a BMW or better yet, a competitor's car. The dealers don't have to let you know crap about these rebates and can eat that up if they want and use it as they please.

When I was getting my car, any BMW dealership would rebate you something like 1500 or 2500 if you specifically traded in any mercedes any year.

We happened to have a BMW sedan no one in my family really drove so we just traded it in and got the loyalty discount.

Build out cash is a bit weird but it's some other weird rebate that the mfr can give you on certain models. And of course BMW always does drive events so they give you 1000 for showing up and pretending to care about whatever car they are trying to sell you. You can usually apply that 1000 discount to any new model for months into the future.

Basically if you're not getting below invoice, you're not getting a good deal. I mean thousands under invoice. Not like $500.
Thousands under invoice. I can't say that I've been regularly reading that kind of number in the many threads on what people have been paying for their cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #30
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
5744
Rep
18,871
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mdriver View Post
grab an oil change kit or two !
Not a bad idea for those tween oil changes that aren't covered.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #31
Edward
Colonel
United_States
284
Rep
2,965
Posts

Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba louey View Post
Thousands under invoice. I can't say that I've been regularly reading that kind of number in the many threads on what people have been paying for their cars.
Of course not. Most probably negotiated from 2500-4200 off a well optioned M3. There is more room to move south because a manufacturer rebate or incentive does not impact the dealer's bottom line.

A lot of the time dealerships use up mfr incentives and discount the car $0 on their own end and make the entire 6k margin on a new M3 while making it seem like you got a killer deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
baba louey
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Of course not. Most probably negotiated from 2500-4200 off a well optioned M3. There is more room to move south because a manufacturer rebate or incentive does not impact the dealer's bottom line.

A lot of the time dealerships use up mfr incentives and discount the car $0 on their own end and make the entire 6k margin on a new M3 while making it seem like you got a killer deal.
From what I've seen, the best deals are to be had at model year-end when the dealers are getting incentives from the factory (both hidden and publically advertised) and they (the dealers) are getting tired of paying interest on the cars they have in stock. The prices that I've seen on some year-end M3's have been terrific and that's without any negotiation! With negotiation, a truly killer deal can be had.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #33
Curt2000
Brigadier General
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
716
Rep
3,114
Posts

Drives: '17 330xi Wagon
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington D.C.

iTrader: (25)

I got a $50 gift card from my local dealer in the mail recently and used it to buy a Genuine BMW CF ///M iPhone case and M3 halo T-shirt
__________________

Current Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST