BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #23
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
Because if they hadn't, and there weren't the bogus pass interception calls, the score would've been the same as against any other team?
So had they complained (which they did) then the scores would have been higher?? I dont get this argument because they did complain and the scores were, well, no different at all.

About the "bogus calls", we're just gonna have to agree to disagree here. But FWIW calls like that happen all the time and since they were being called by more than one ref, I would think that they were right.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #24
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Talk about being whiny little bitches: Pats complained about Colts trying to amplify the crowd noise during their match up 2.5 weeks ago. And the funny thing is there was no concrete evidence to support their claim (unlike a certain incident).

Makes you kind of wonder why they complained even though they won the game.
There's no concrete evidence to go against their claim, either. You have people in the top row hearing crowd noise from above them, people at the game who heard the feedback, and an RCA Dome employee who admitted it. Alone, that's not much, but together, that's more proof than the NFL just saying, "no." That, and you have to admit, the officiating was past horrible. You could have put blind people out there, and they would have done better. Oh well, at least the better team won, despite having to face the Colts* and the referees both playing against them.
      11-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #25
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just FYI, this article was pulled from Yahoo Sports after the NFL's announcement, but I found an archived version:

Quote:
Yahoo! - The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots' President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it, and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

"We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots' owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots' locker room after the game.
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wi...colts_cheated/
      11-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #26
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
There's no concrete evidence to go against their claim, either. You have people in the top row hearing crowd noise from above them, people at the game who heard the feedback, and an RCA Dome employee who admitted it. Alone, that's not much, but together, that's more proof than the NFL just saying, "no." That, and you have to admit, the officiating was past horrible. You could have put blind people out there, and they would have done better. Oh well, at least the better team won, despite having to face the Colts* and the referees both playing against them.
Wow that makes absolutely no sense at all. It's like going to court with just "this dude punched me" and expect to win the argument with "well he doesnt have evidence that he DIDNT punch me so I must be right".

Anyways, like I said we'd have to agree to disagree on those calls. Obviously there is no way we will see eye to eye on that so there's no point in debating about it. And I also agree, the better team did win.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:20 AM   #27
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow that makes absolutely no sense at all. It's like going to court with just "this dude punched me" and expect to win the argument with "well he doesnt have evidence that he DIDNT punch me so I must be right".

Anyways, like I said we'd have to agree to disagree on those calls. Obviously there is no way we will see eye to eye on that so there's no point in debating about it. And I also agree, the better team did win.
Disagree on those calls? So basically, you're saying you're blindly biased to the point where you fail to see something even an idiot could? Just admit those calls were completely blown.
      11-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #28
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Dont get so cocky about Tom. Your D isnt what it used to be your winning because of your O not your D. Sure your 5th in pts allowed but thats because you hold the ball for 45/60 min haha. Just dont get too comfy with this running up the score with Brady in.

Patriots have the 3rd ranked D in the league and they get better every week.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #29
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
9 games.
One step at a time man. First let's get an undefeated Season. Then the superbowl.

Even if the Pats dont go to the superbowl or dont win it. They still beat Shula's team because of a few reasons.

It is 2 more games and the patriots have went against some teams who are playoff candidates and have not had a horrible season record.

Every team the Dolphins went against during the season that year sucked.

Quote:
Dont get so cocky about Tom. Your D isnt what it used to be your winning because of your O not your D. Sure your 5th in pts allowed but thats because you hold the ball for 45/60 min haha. Just dont get too comfy with this running up the score with Brady in.
Why can't I get comfy? First off we are in the Top 3 for Defense so you know nothing. Secondly we have owned defensivly and that just doesn't randomyl vanish especially with the Pats that has been the most consistent thing for us.

Also hold the ball? or you mean the other teams always have to punt and we never do?

And running up the score? LOL you mean scoring?

Quote:
This whole whining about running up the score is bullcrap.

This is PROFESSIONAL football. Players are PAID to play and to win.

What are the Patriots supposed to do? Take a knee every possession?

It is MORE insulting to the other team if they start taking knees in the 3rd quarter! If these players are PAID to play football, then stop whining about how the Patriots are "unsportsmanlike" and running up the score, and do something about it!

Lastly, whether you like the Patriots or not, what they are doing this season is good for the NFL as a whole. It draws in viewers, creates a go-to bad guy, and makes beating them a goal for every team. They are like the 49ers of old, the Cowboys of old, the Steelers of old, etc. Even though they are blowing everyone out of the water and most people are complaining, it's drawing in viewers and makes football more interesting.

Back on topic, how on earth is Philly going to score 2 touchdowns?!
You hit the nail on the head. Last I checked this isn't high school or little kids playing. Where there is a mercy rule.

Secondly the Pats have lost before even when having a huge lead. So they dont want to take chances yet that is bad?

Quote:
You obviously don't watch the games. AT ALL. The Patriots' D is much better than it was last year. Harrison is healthy, the front line is healthy, and now they have the force that is Adalius Thomas.

As I said in one of the other threads. The rest of the season is absolutely pointless. The Patriots > *

If you want to say, "they cheated", then fine. You're just admitting that you have NO real argument against the fact that Patriots are much better than every other single last team in the league.
+1, every team deserves that * anyways. so quit being bitches.

Quote:
No kidding. People who hate the Patriots for who knows what reason can't use the "they're not really that good" argument since they really are that damn good. So they resort to whining like little bitches about unimportant things. Do you hear these people complain about Bradshaw's Steelers or Montana's 49ers running up the scores in similar fashions? No. They're just being little punks because they know the Patriots are a dynasty, and they cry since the team they root for is nowhere near as talented.
+1, I Manning still gets hyped up even though he nearly lost to the Chiefs and analyzers were saying how it didnt matter he wont care. blah blah. Fucking bullshit.

Quote:
Talk about being whiny little bitches: Pats complained about Colts trying to amplify the crowd noise during their match up 2.5 weeks ago. And the funny thing is there was no concrete evidence to support their claim (unlike a certain incident).

Makes you kind of wonder why they complained even though they won the game.
Well let's see the Colts coach still was talking shit that day about the cheating so you know what if we think they are cheating we are gonna call them out on it and show they are hypocrites.

And we didn't win the game by much cus of shitty refs.

Quote:
Because if they hadn't, and there weren't the bogus pass interception calls, the score would've been the same as against any other team?
+1, Reminded me of Suns Vs Spurs. Bullshit calls.

Quote:
So had they complained (which they did) then the scores would have been higher?? I dont get this argument because they did complain and the scores were, well, no different at all.

About the "bogus calls", we're just gonna have to agree to disagree here. But FWIW calls like that happen all the time and since they were being called by more than one ref, I would think that they were right.
Wow are you slow? He was saying if they didnt get bullshit calls they would have owned the Colts too. So just cus they say they possibly cheated you talk shit?

Quote:
haha. +1.

Quote:

You make no sense.

Quote:
Disagree on those calls? So basically, you're saying you're blindly biased to the point where you fail to see something even an idiot could? Just admit those calls were completely blown.
If it was the other way around I would admit it. It was horrible calls.

Quote:

Patriots have the 3rd ranked D in the league and they get better every week.
+1
      11-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #30
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
One step at a time man. First let's get an undefeated Season. Then the superbowl.

Even if the Pats dont go to the superbowl or dont win it. They still beat Shula's team because of a few reasons.

It is 2 more games and the patriots have went against some teams who are playoff candidates and have not had a horrible season record.

Every team the Dolphins went against during the season that year sucked.
An undefeated regular season is completely meaningless if a Super Bowl victory is not accomplished. Fortunately, even if you do not recognize that, the team does.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #31
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
An undefeated regular season is completely meaningless if a Super Bowl victory is not accomplished. Fortunately, even if you do not recognize that, the team does.
Meaningless? I would not go that far. They still went against great teams and won.

Plus what if the Superbowl is won in some crazy way or anything like that. You cant say its meaningless.
      11-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Meaningless? I would not go that far. They still went against great teams and won.

Plus what if the Superbowl is won in some crazy way or anything like that. You cant say its meaningless.
Yes. It will be meaningless. The one and only goal is to to win Super Bowls. If they can somehow manage to go through the whole season unscathed, then great. But if they win all 16 and not the SB, the season is LOST. What trophy do you get for having the best regular season record? I forgot. Oh yeah, there isn't one.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #33
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes. It will be meaningless. The one and only goal is to to win Super Bowls. If they can somehow manage to go through the whole season unscathed, then great. But if they win all 16 and not the SB, the season is LOST. What trophy do you get for having the best regular season record? I forgot. Oh yeah, there isn't one.
haha, you sound like Bellicheck. I agree somewhat, but at the same time undefeated season is still sweet.
      11-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #34
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Why can't I get comfy? First off we are in the Top 3 for Defense so you know nothing. Secondly we have owned defensivly and that just doesn't randomyl vanish especially with the Pats that has been the most consistent thing for us.

Also hold the ball? or you mean the other teams always have to punt and we never do?

And running up the score? LOL you mean scoring? .
5th ranked in Pts allowed...do you read?! Calm down buddy this isnt a fight you dont need to get all rowdy
      11-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #35
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
5th ranked in Pts allowed...do you read?! Calm down buddy this isnt a fight you dont need to get all rowdy
Why did you attribute that quote to me? I am not the one that said that.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #36
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay who's biased here? The Colts fan believe that the calls were just while the Pats fans believe that they werent. Obviously the Refs believe that they were right too. So perhaps it's the Pats fans, who are so used to them winning by more than how ever many points, are so biased because they almost lost the game. Okay I get that you guys think the Pats are the best team in the world and I respect that. So Im not gonna go on about those calls since they already happened. I dont get why you guys still complained even though you won the game. Seriously, I really dont.

I mean if you really want to see a really questionable call, recall from the week before when the Colts played the Chargers. They got up to change their formation and the refs gave them a 5 yard penalty and they ended up losing the game. Now THAT'S something that WE should be complaining about but we dont because obviously there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane
You make no sense.
Yeah whatever dude. You simply cannot make a claim without evidence. If that doesnt make sense to you then I dont know what to say.

Anyways, happy Thanksgiving y'all!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #37
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay who's biased here? The Colts fan believe that the calls were just while the Pats fans believe that they werent. Obviously the Refs believe that they were right too. So perhaps it's the Pats fans, who are so used to them winning by more than how ever many points, are so biased because they almost lost the game. Okay I get that you guys think the Pats are the best team in the world and I respect that. So Im not gonna go on about those calls since they already happened. I dont get why you guys still complained even though you won the game. Seriously, I really dont.

I mean if you really want to see a really questionable call, recall from the week before when the Colts played the Chargers. They got up to change their formation and the refs gave them a 5 yard penalty and they ended up losing the game. Now THAT'S something that WE should be complaining about but we dont because obviously there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Yeah whatever dude. You simply cannot make a claim without evidence. If that doesnt make sense to you then I dont know what to say.

Anyways, happy Thanksgiving y'all!
Why the fuck are you people quoting things I did not say and attributing them to me? WTF is wrong with you?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #38
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I thought it was fairly obvious which part I said and what you said.
      11-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #39
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Colts fans are so funny, your just angry you nearly lost to the freaking chiefs.
      11-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #40
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
wait das..does nearly lost show up on the books? No...a W is a W.
      11-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #41
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I thought it was fairly obvious which part I said and what you said.
No. You quoted somebody else and put my name in there.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #42
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Sorry you and Das sound the same to me
      11-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #43
'Cane