BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

interested in how this turns out. seems like alot of people are losing power now with these then the dynos that gain power are not really a non biased dyno run or the car had other mods on it etc

then there seems to be quality issues as of late

i was gonna get one of these but for that amount of money i wanted something more certain and didn't want to wait so i got the Dinan one and i am happy with it

if i see some good results and the issues fixed i will buy one of these for sure as they are the best looking ones out there

good luck

H
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
interested in how this turns out. seems like alot of people are losing power now with these then the dynos that gain power are not really a non biased dyno run or the car had other mods on it etc

then there seems to be quality issues as of late

i was gonna get one of these but for that amount of money i wanted something more certain and didn't want to wait so i got the Dinan one and i am happy with it

if i see some good results and the issues fixed i will buy one of these for sure as they are the best looking ones out there

good luck

H

+1
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

I've got the Envu Charge Pipe too. It looks pretty damn cool, not sure how the gains are though, look forward to what you find out.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #26
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
I would install the charge pipe first, around the manifold you will see gaps, that will be bigger gaps than the small pinholes you see in the charge pipe itself. With the gaps around the manifold, vendors have suggested to put in electrical tape, but that doesn't solve anything when you have tight and loose spots around the pipe itself, tape can only cover so much, its not like foam or anything where it will give you a nice seal. The seal you have on your OEM unit can not be reproduced with that unit, the only one that has replicated that seal is Dinan and that would be it.

I ain't trying to bash the product, but just informing people who have it and are skeptical or anal as I am when it comes out to dishes out mad money, but getting mediocre stuff.
^^ +1
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

hmm i was one of the first few to pick it up and have put several thousands of miles on it. not sure about hp as i didn't dyno but improved throttle response WILL be noticed immediately after install.
      03-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #28
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BC Forged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
Update: I will not be dyno testing this on Thursday.

I was holding the chargepipe up (admiring it), and noticed some white freckles along the inside of the chargepipe. Confused, I inspected it closer, and noticed light leaking through.

I know it's not 05SCM3's fault, I'm sure he didn't notice. On the contrary, I hope he didn't run this for too long, I know it was on his car until 2-3 days ago. I'd be worried that particles could have gotten into his engine during extended use. I don't even think 05SCM3 could have done this to the chargepipe, unless he intentionally prodded it with a needle a thousand or so times.

The problem is that the clearcoat on this is not very good and has leaks all over, but it's difficult to notice. Unless you're especially picky about clearcoat, I don't think you would even notice regularly. It's "especially bad" along the seam of the chargepipe, but the clearcoat holes are all over the entire body.

I dunno if these holes are big enough to let any significantly damaging particles through to the engine or not, but I just don't feel like taking any risks with my engine. I think I'll get this re-clearcoated first, and then tested properly another time. I'll still go to VF and lay down a baseline dyno, record temps and such, and see if I can get it tested under similar conditions another time.

I might dyno test stock versus BMC filter, maybe, if I get time to do 2 runs. (So far it's 10 cars.)
iBeJayKaying,

Try do a water leak test with the used Charge Pipe you have in hand. This is how we tested during the research phase. If water leak thru, I'll replace your used charge pipe with a brand new one.

Eric ~
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
iBeJayKaying,

Try do a water leak test with the used Charge Pipe you have in hand. This is how we tested during the research phase. If water leak thru, I'll replace your used charge pipe with a brand new one.

Eric ~
I think I addressed this to King before as it was exactly how I felt when i first received the pieces ..he informed me it was the nature of dry carbon..i got my bodyshop to blast air into it didnt feel a leak..but i'll stay tune!
      03-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #30
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
iBeJayKaying,

Eric ~
I have to say that I'm surprised with the level of customer service you're providing here Eric. I purchased the chargepipe used, and you're still extending your support. You have my respect for that.

I did as you suggested, and ran it under water. No water leaked through, so that's some level of relief. I'm still concerned about finer particles getting through, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not sure exactly how fine particles will have to be to get through these holes, while still posing a significant concern to my engine.

I might just get the chargepipe re-clearcoated just for my own personal peace of mind anyways. If you could just tell me what electrical tape that you provide when buying these chargepipes, I'd be grateful for that Eric. I searched up 3M Super Electrical Tape, and I came back with "Google-esque" results.

I am personally considering the use of some type of self-amalgamating tape to ensure a better seal, but that remains to be seen.

Last edited by LateBraking; 03-04-2010 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #31
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have to say that I'm surprised with the level of customer service you're providing here Eric. I purchased the chargepipe used, and you're still extending your support. You have my respect for that.

I did as you suggested, and ran it under water. No water leaked through, so that's some level of relief. I'm still concerned about finer particles getting through, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not sure exactly how fine particles will have to be to get through these holes, while still posing a significant concern to my engine.

I might just get the chargepipe re-clearcoated just for my own personal peace of mind anyways. If you could just tell me what electrical tape that you provide when buying these chargepipes, I'd be grateful for that Eric. I searched up 3M Super Electrical Tape, and I came back with "Google-esque" results.

I am personally considering the use of some type of self-amalgamating tape to ensure a better seal, but that remains to be seen.
No problem, iBeJayKaying. It's how many vendors here are like. We are all car enthuthiast and looking for great products for your prize possession. We truly believe in the quality of Tecnocraft Products. That's why I can promise and do what we do.

Let's reiterate, the charge pipe was specially designed to use the electric tape seal instead of running the risk of rubber clamps broken down the road and the whole charge pipe going to waste.

Here is what the tape we included in the package looks like, hope this help! =)

Last edited by PYSpeed.com; 03-04-2010 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #32
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Haha, not quite what I asking, but thanks. I'll just shoot you a PM for whatever questions I have, so this doesn't get a million pages long.

Last edited by LateBraking; 03-04-2010 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #33
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep

It's called Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape - Excellent all-weather performance in cold to 0°F (-18°C) and is designed to perform in a continuous temperature environment up to 220°F (105°C).

Here is the offical 3M product link.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...beV8CW66MTMZgl
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #34
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

^^^^

I am not handy AT ALL, but the DIY install on the charge pipe and the tape Eric pictured above works perfectly and is very easy to do.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #35
Fupa92
Do you FUPA?
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

What happened to the dyno?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #36
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

It sounds a lot like my 3D Design front lip, there are actually spots where you can see clear through the carbon fiber weave. Almost like little pin holes, but there are no holes. The resin is just clear so it lets light though, and the one layer of CF used has spots in between the weave where there is just resin, so light gets through.
      03-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #37
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

So many cars wanted to dyno that I didn't get an opportunity. Fail.

I'll have to do it another day (not an open dyno day with so many people wanting to dyno).
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
So many cars wanted to dyno that I didn't get an opportunity. Fail.

I'll have to do it another day (not an open dyno day with so many people wanting to dyno).
its ok we will do a double dyno one day
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #39
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

I really want to see the dyno, I'm really into this product, for 5whp, I'll get it, please post some data, thanks man
      03-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
For those of you who so desperately want to see this product dyno'd why don't you kick in some cash to cover it?? I'm down to kick in just to see the results.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #41
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

i will...i'll throw in for that cause
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I am paying for all of this out of pocket, no sponsors or vendors or producers involved. If the community wants to help out, why not?

After asking around a bit, I heard that a good number of people go to MD Automotive to dyno, so I might do that, if my little discussion with VF doesn't reach fruition. It's not going to be anytime immediately soon though, I'm busy for the next few weeks. But I am committed to getting this done as soon as a good solid free day shows up.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #43
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
I am paying for all of this out of pocket, no sponsors or vendors or producers involved. If the community wants to help out, why not?

After asking around a bit, I heard that a good number of people go to MD Automotive to dyno, so I might do that, if my little discussion with VF doesn't reach fruition. It's not going to be anytime immediately soon though, I'm busy for the next few weeks. But I am committed to getting this done as soon as a good solid free day shows up.
thats great to hear. I will definitely chip in for some results of this product. I hope it can happen soon as I have the same piece waiting for install.

Paypal to 'techno-test' fund...?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #44
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
thats great to hear. I will definitely chip in for some results of this product. I hope it can happen soon as I have the same piece waiting for install.

Paypal to 'techno-test' fund...?
Not until I'm 110% sure it's happening.

Whoever it was that said "work sets you free" was obviously mistaken....

Last edited by LateBraking; 03-05-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread