BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #111
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Why can't you just post a photo with you holding up a certificate from far away at the minimum? Sounds fishy to me ...

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #112
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
What an interesting thread. Our certifications are posted on flickr. We have high resolution ones in case anybody wants to copy them. Let me know.

Carlos

ahah way to stick it to em
      11-13-2011, 05:37 AM   #113
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
It's either OEM or JDM for me. Enough said
      11-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #114
dan avoN7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 04 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
... and there are no quality issues found anywhere with our product on this forum or any other.
Just because they haven't been "found" doesn't mean there aren't issues..

Speaking of quality issues.. I "found" one (while not a safety concern, all four of his wheels weren't fully coated)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=799

Just kidding on the found part btw, I saw the e46fanatics thread a couple weeks ago but just fully read this thread today as I don't frequent m3post too often.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #115
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post

Speaking of quality issues.. I "found" one (while not a safety concern, all four of his wheels weren't fully coated)

Just kidding on the found part btw, I saw the e46fanatics thread a couple weeks ago but just fully read this thread today as I don't frequent m3post too often.
That's not really that big of a deal. I had a small cosmetic issue with mine when I received them and ADV.1 happily fixed everything for me without me spending a penny.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #116
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post

You'll note in the next response he posts up:

Quote:
I dunno.. even with the issues they've been easy to work with and I wouldn't say the experience has been bad.. they answer emails fast and are very quick to resolve issues.. on a side note the way they rounded the wheel centers looks much better. I'll have to take a before/after to show the difference.
We don't claim to be perfect - but as you can see we do address any outstanding issues and make sure our customer are happy.

For the others - we are creating a "testing" section of our website for rollout next year to include all of this type of information requested in this thread to end the subject definitively.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #117
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
For the others - we are creating a "testing" section of our website for rollout next year to include all of this type of information requested in this thread to end the subject definitively.
Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #118
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Hope you washed your foot first...

There are only a few things this thread has proven:
  1. ADV1 should never let Jordan speak. He embarrassed himself on the Luxury 4 Play forum as well. There have been a lot of blown second chances it seems.
  2. ADV1 should hire a PR firm and listen to Esquire by hiring a really, really good lawyer. When will businesses learn they can't argue with customers on forums? That's childish, not professional. And, don't businesses understand that anything posted on the internet is permanent and likely admissible in court? If ADV1 really is growing quickly, then, like any growing or large company, management should know that a legal settlement isn't a possibility that you can hope to avoid, rather it is a likelihood you try to mitigate to acceptable percentages.
  3. The only way ADV1 is ever going to regain the respect of this particular forum is to put everything on the table and choose words very, very carefully, which it cannot seem to do (i.e. PR firm and lawyer needed). Matt, you're trying really, really hard to improve the image, but it's not enough and arguing and trying to refine arguments on the technicality of words is only making it worse. Otherwise, just give up and stop wasting this forum's time.
  4. Morr can do provide all the facts, but ADV1 can't? Why does ADV1 care if another company Photoshops their certifications? That's the fraudster's problem, not ADV1's. If a business isn't intelligent enough to know that their products can be reverse engineered, then that business isn't intelligent enough to make a quality product.

Lastly, if Le Mans Blue was really run off this forum by vendors or sponsors, then I'm absolutely appalled. The primary definition of a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Maybe someone needs to get Merriam-Webster on the phone and ask them to change the definition to covert corporate shill.

That is all. Boom.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #119
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
don't know why i didn't see this earlier. a lot of great info.

all i know is my Neez wheels are JWL/VIA. seem pretty lightweight to me also
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #120
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
There are only a few things this thread has proven:
  1. ADV1 should never let Jordan speak. He embarrassed himself on the Luxury 4 Play forum as well. There have been a lot of blown second chances it seems.
  2. ADV1 should hire a PR firm and listen to Esquire by hiring a really, really good lawyer. When will businesses learn they can't argue with customers on forums? That's childish, not professional. And, don't businesses understand that anything posted on the internet is permanent and likely admissible in court? If ADV1 really is growing quickly, then, like any growing or large company, management should know that a legal settlement isn't a possibility that you can hope to avoid, rather it is a likelihood you try to mitigate to acceptable percentages.
  3. The only way ADV1 is ever going to regain the respect of this particular forum is to put everything on the table and choose words very, very carefully, which it cannot seem to do (i.e. PR firm and lawyer needed). Matt, you're trying really, really hard to improve the image, but it's not enough and arguing and trying to refine arguments on the technicality of words is only making it worse. Otherwise, just give up and stop wasting this forum's time.
  4. Morr can do provide all the facts, but ADV1 can't? Why does ADV1 care if another company Photoshops their certifications? That's the fraudster's problem, not ADV1's. If a business isn't intelligent enough to know that their products can be reverse engineered, then that business isn't intelligent enough to make a quality product.

Lastly, if Le Mans Blue was really run off this forum by vendors or sponsors, then I'm absolutely appalled. The primary definition of a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Maybe someone needs to get Merriam-Webster on the phone and ask them to change the definition to covert corporate shill.

That is all. Boom.

LMB WAS run off by the admins of this forum because certain sponsors did not like the truth that he said, so he's gone.

true story
      01-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #121
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
LMB WAS run off by the admins of this forum because certain sponsors did not like the truth that he said, so he's gone.

true story
ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
He's very into the car business and knows all of their "dirty laundry" and bring let the forum know when an issue came up. The venders didn't like that very much.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #122
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
He's very into the car business and knows all of their "dirty laundry" and bring let the forum know when an issue came up. The venders didn't like that very much.

That's pretty disappointing... and doesn't really make me want to buy from the vendors.

Separately, by the way, someone else at some point posted an article from "Secret Entourage" called "The Reality of ADV1". If Jordan is going to have a frank, honest, and "real" discussion about his business practices to clear the air, then it should be with a source not funded by his sponsorship dollars. Does he really think he's fooling anyone? Even if he's not trying to fool anyone, which may be the case, he certainly isn't helping the perception. Plus, that site is in dire need of an editor; hard to take seriously anything with punctuation, grammar, and other mistakes. I want so badly for ADV1 to be more professional (and for Jordan to speak less arrogantly while ironically discussing his failures), because their rims really are among my favorite looking. Too bad his attitude makes them so unappealing.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #123
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i m sport

LMFAO!!! Damn, if i was ADV1 i would feel really dumb right about now hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz View Post
Matt,

1. You understand there are literally hundreds of TUV, SAE, JWL/VIA certifications out there and companies don't need the one from ADV.1 to copy it right?

2. That is not a TUV certification. That is a certificate of conformity. You should know the difference. A TUV certificate specifies a wheel has been tested, has passed, and has been registered/certified by TUV-Rheinland. It also certifies a wheel to an specific vehicle only which is why is so expensive.

A certificate of conformity is the manufacturer certifying that the products, in this case, wheels, have been tested to an specific standard (SAE/JWL/VIA or even your own) and the manufacturer signs and attests that to be true and valid. Your statement is misleading.

This a TUV Certificate:

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #124
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i m sport

I honestly feel like ADV1 is a very unreputable company! I cant believe they would post mis leading information on this site. I think the forum should band them from this site. Seriously!

Quote:
Pinhead - we also were not calling you out - the reason I invited you to come by our facility was because you were local to LA and we could clear up all of this and provide you with the evidence you demand in a few minutes and show you hundreds of testing certificates.

We engineer and build all of our wheels to exceed OEM specifications and have done so since day one. We don't sacrifice weight for safety and will build a heavier wheel than our competitors every day of the week to ensure it's not going to bend or break at the track. Are you guys demanding data and certificates from every other wheel company or just taking their word for it as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #125
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
I happened to be on the Rays website this evening, and found an interesting link: http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/catalog/201110forginge. Rays has put out an interesting brochure that explains parts of their manufacturing process, and their own extension to JWL testing which they call +R (also known as JWL+R).

It's cool to see how some manufacturers don't just try to meet safety certifications, they push safety even further.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #126
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSupreme View Post
I honestly feel like ADV1 is a very unreputable company! I cant believe they would post mis leading information on this site. I think the forum should band them from this site. Seriously!

From all that I have seen, it seems like they should be banned for causing disruptions and posting potentially inaccurate information.

How much is this site really making off their sponsorship dollars? Can't be that much. I'm sure the forum members would donate a dollar or two to offset the lost revenue.

Where are the mods when the people that make this site run - enthusiasts like you and me - are pissed off at a vendor?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #127
vzehler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Better yet, let their sponsorship dollars continue to support our forum. Them being present here will allow their tarnished reputation to continue to spread because everytime they post or their name is mentioned someone, Im sure, will bring this thread back up.

I hope they do right by themselves and others.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #128
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Why am I not surprised? The ADV1 owners and their marketing (especially the whole "F*** Your Wheels" campaign) have always come off as vain and overcompensatory.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #129
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]

Hey guys, here is a teaser of my new wheel release. It's certified by... HEY LOOK! HOT BLONDE!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #130
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
From all that I have seen, it seems like they should be banned for causing disruptions and posting potentially inaccurate information.

How much is this site really making off their sponsorship dollars? Can't be that much. I'm sure the forum members would donate a dollar or two to offset the lost revenue.

Where are the mods when the people that make this site run - enthusiasts like you and me - are pissed off at a vendor?
From what I understand, it's around $200/mo.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #131
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Guys as we mentioned we're furnishing all testing certificates to any client that requests them, we're including a new section on our website redesign to include our testing certifications, TUV certification continues on our wheel lines in Germany as posted on our blog a few weeks back with some of the highest strength ratings TUV has ever tested for a single wheel, and our new Track Specific lineup actually includes 6 wheels 2 of which are intentionally tested and destroyed to ensure we've removed as much material as possible without compromising strength. The idea that we don't test our wheels and have certification is nonsense.

That being said - if there are any questions or doubts about the quality of our products or our reputation don't buy our wheels.

The fact of the matter remains there are no open complaints about the quality of our wheels from any of our thousands of clients on this forum or any other on the internet.

All the best,

- Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #132
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
As we stated before we are not posting up testing certificates because they are too easily copied and forged... if you doubt this try and find a single other wheel testing certificate publicly posted on the internet. There is a reason why people haven't posted this kind of information before and why we aren't going to start now.
I've been following this thread with some interest. I have to say, this is the lamest attempt at an "explanation" I've ever come across. You make it sound like posting a TUV certificate here would be the equivalent of uploading top secret State Department documents on Wikileaks or something. You really think everyone here is a dumbass, don't you?

I just did a google images search for "TUV Certificate" and got over 90,000 results. That's right, ninety thousand. I think it's fair to say that your concern over somebody trying to "copy and forge" your non-existing certificate is rather hilarious considering that there are literally thousands of these documents from other companies already in the public domain.

On top of that, you already posted a picture of your TUV certificate...or rather something that you claimed was a TUV certificate. Once it was pointed out that the document you claimed to be a TUV certificate was nothing of the sort, you all of a sudden became very concerned about this whole supposed "copy and forge" threat. Again, you must think we are all pretty dumb...
Appreciate 0