BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #89
icemang17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

I also called about the delay and why the UPS tracking update doesn't show anything...they hope it will be out soon, but I called a couple days ago...they also said I was charged on the 15th..... I just checked the UPS link they sent me and still nothing....
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 03:35 AM   #90
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herms View Post
I talked to Rob about the delivery issue. Apparently corsa is shipping directly to us and there was some miscommunication as to whether the systems were ready. Rob can confirm, but I believe he said they asked for labels to ship them out and they took that to mean they were ready to ship out and charged everyone, when in fact the products are not yet done. I'm not pleased about this but have resisted making a fuss about it because from my experience on the boards UUC has a good rep. If it's not ready in the next day or two though I may cancel my order as I'm annoyed that I've been charged for something over two weeks in advance when I was promised that would not happen.
Past good reputation are not. I was specifically promised this very situation would not happen and low and behold it has. I am not happy about the situation and am also considering canceling. What compounds the problem is UUC did not notify anyone involved of the mistake, we had to do our own investigating to discover the issue!!!!!! My problem is i am half way around the world at the moment making it difficult for me to meet the mandetory "cancel by phone only" requirement.

Rob, can you confirm what exactly has happened and can you give details as to how long of a wait there still is??????????? Any information you can share about this situation would GREATLY be appreciated, not to mention it may dampen some of this negative dialog that is starting to surface here on the forum.
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 03:57 AM   #91
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

Yep..........thought so!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 07:23 AM   #92
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemang17 View Post
I also called about the delay and why the UPS tracking update doesn't show anything...they hope it will be out soon, but I called a couple days ago...they also said I was charged on the 15th..... I just checked the UPS link they sent me and still nothing....
+1. An update from UUC would go a long way towards customer relations.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 07:34 AM   #93
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
..........shux, thats a dang sharp response there hot shot.......how long did it take you to come up with that

Every other manufacturer would supply the before and after figures, not normally hide behind variables...................

If they want to sell them, then provide the data to ensure it at least doesn't go backwards in the HP stakes.............
+1, I want dyno numbers.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #94
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update:

Just got off of the phone with Rob concerning the shipping of the exhaust sytems. As mentioned in previous posts there was a miscommunication between Corsa and UUC concerning shipping and sourcing shipping labels!!!!

The latest from ROB is that they should be shipping starting today and monday....
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #95
tallycoolies
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Interlagos Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovman View Post
Past good reputation are not. I was specifically promised this very situation would not happen and low and behold it has. I am not happy about the situation and am also considering canceling. What compounds the problem is UUC did not notify anyone involved of the mistake, we had to do our own investigating to discover the issue!!!!!! My problem is i am half way around the world at the moment making it difficult for me to meet the mandetory "cancel by phone only" requirement.

Rob, can you confirm what exactly has happened and can you give details as to how long of a wait there still is??????????? Any information you can share about this situation would GREATLY be appreciated, not to mention it may dampen some of this negative dialog that is starting to surface here on the forum.
I've already tried to cancle it by phone but all they do is put me on hold and just hangs up. I am refusing the delivery and contacted my card company already. If they have a problem, they have to deal with it. If they don't that's fine with me but ain't taking their product. This is ridiculous and I've ordered another system that was shipped right after I got off the phone. Somebody should have notified us for at least saying that it was delayed. Anywayz best of luck to you guys.

E92 M3 Coupe\Interlagos Blue\6MT\18"\Technology PK\Premium Sound\Moon Roof\H&R Sport Springs\UUC SSK\GP Thunder 8500K H8 & 12000K HID Xenon\MB Grill\VSR Ti Exhaust\AA X-pipe\AA ECU\AA pulley\VSR CF rear diffuser\VSR CF boot lid\Painted Reflector\Gruppe M CAI\VSR Frontlip\Volk TE-37 19'
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #96
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just to reassure everyone, my Corsa exhaust arrived via UPS today. Hopefully, will get it installed soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #97
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg///M3 View Post
Just to reassure everyone, my Corsa exhaust arrived via UPS today. Hopefully, will get it installed soon.
That is good news, can't wait to get mine in. By the time i get back in country ,she should have arrived. Let us know your impressions once you get her on.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #98
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is good news, can't wait to get mine in. By the time i get back in country ,she should have arrived. Let us know your impressions once you get her on.
Just got it installed today and and all I have to say is: WOW! It's exceeded my expectations. It sounds incredible, especially at WOT. Yet very civilized at highway speeds. Practically no drone whatsoever.
Granted, I haven't heard any other exhaust systems in person, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. IMHO, it's definitely worth the price.
I've already had some guy drive up next to me and compliment the exhaust, and I only had it installed a few hours prior.
(Sorry for the large pic)
Attached Images

Last edited by sg///M3; 11-05-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #99
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for posting your findings sg, much appreciated. Now I have to get back home so i can install mine as well. Sounds pretty good so far, esp. the news about the drone.

Thanks again
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #100
icemang17
Captain
Rep

Mine should be here shortly......I will take it to my race shop and do back to back before-after dyno runs......to see exactly what it produces....as soon as I get some data I will post dyno sheets!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #101
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemang17 View Post
Mine should be here shortly......I will take it to my race shop and do back to back before-after dyno runs......to see exactly what it produces....as soon as I get some data I will post dyno sheets!
Cool. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #102
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

Hrmm... Based on the picture posted above, I'm not too impressed with the appearance of this exhaust as seen from behind the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #103
icemang17
Captain
Rep

Mine arrived today...I hope to get it to the shop on Monday for install + dyno...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #104
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Got home late yesterday to a big box in the garage!!!!! Sweet. Woke up this morning and started the install. The instructions that come with the exhaust are very informative and thorough. The install took me 2 1/2 hours start to finish all by myself. If you have help I am sure you could do it quicker. The weather was so nice and it had been 3 1/2 weeks since I drove my baby, I couldn't wait to get her on the road. I still have a bit of adjusting to do but it is good for now, after a few more heat cycles I will attempt a re-adjust to get the tips just where I want them.

Driving impressions:

1st thing I was worried about was drone. After the 1st few shifts out of the neighberhood I was already happy with the purchase. NO DRONE!!!!

2nd thing I was concerned about was DB level. As far as I am concerned, the tone is perfect and the db level is perfect. Not too loud yet loud enough to hear it when you let her rev a bit. Now I suspect as the exhaust wears in the tone may change a bit, but so far I LOVE the sound.

3rd thing I was worried about was outside apperance. I read a few peoples comments about how this system looks un-favorably from behind, but to me it looks OK. Not the best but not the worst I have seen. I don't doubt that painting the back of the mufflers may help but for now I will leave it as is. Really not that bad to be honest. I think it looks a little better than stock, which is good enough for me.

All in all I am very pleased with the purchase, the quality of the product seems to be on par with other systems that cost a bit more so IMHO good quality per dollar here.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #105
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadarin View Post
Hrmm... Based on the picture posted above, I'm not too impressed with the appearance of this exhaust as seen from behind the vehicle.
Agree, not a clean look. The sheetmetal looks distorted, is it that wavy in reality? The cannisters look quite large and hang down, plus you can see the 1 into 2 Y pipe, hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #106
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
Agree, not a clean look. The sheetmetal looks distorted, is it that wavy in reality? The cannisters look quite large and hang down, plus you can see the 1 into 2 Y pipe, hmmm.
It also looks discolored in places, possibly at the locations of welds.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #107
bkms1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

this exhaust looks like i made it in my garage
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #108
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Corsa exhaust

Anyone installed this system yet? Looks like a good value.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #109
FusionM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Hello there,

I'm thinking about getting this exhaust to but have a couple of questions for you:

1) Do you have any regrets to this date?
2) Any special tools required to install the exhaust? (Welding, etc.)

Thanks,
FusionM3

Quote:
Got home late yesterday to a big box in the garage!!!!! Sweet. Woke up this morning and started the install. The instructions that come with the exhaust are very informative and thorough. The install took me 2 1/2 hours start to finish all by myself. If you have help I am sure you could do it quicker. The weather was so nice and it had been 3 1/2 weeks since I drove my baby, I couldn't wait to get her on the road. I still have a bit of adjusting to do but it is good for now, after a few more heat cycles I will attempt a re-adjust to get the tips just where I want them.

Driving impressions:

1st thing I was worried about was drone. After the 1st few shifts out of the neighberhood I was already happy with the purchase. NO DRONE!!!!

2nd thing I was concerned about was DB level. As far as I am concerned, the tone is perfect and the db level is perfect. Not too loud yet loud enough to hear it when you let her rev a bit. Now I suspect as the exhaust wears in the tone may change a bit, but so far I LOVE the sound.

3rd thing I was worried about was outside apperance. I read a few peoples comments about how this system looks un-favorably from behind, but to me it looks OK. Not the best but not the worst I have seen. I don't doubt that painting the back of the mufflers may help but for now I will leave it as is. Really not that bad to be honest. I think it looks a little better than stock, which is good enough for me.

All in all I am very pleased with the purchase, the quality of the product seems to be on par with other systems that cost a bit more so IMHO good quality per dollar here.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #110
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Is Corsa still in business?