BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

05-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Titan316
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Vossen Wheels

I just saw another post by Vossen asking for cars to take pictures of their new wheels. I get agitated every time I see a post from this joke of a company. I am a huge enthusiast and I have spent a lot of money with a lot of companies I would recommend everyday. I dealt with a ton of reputable people and have built lasting relationships. I am not a huge poster on the board, more of a reader. I won best in show at the 10.10.10 Pembroke Pines meet a while ago(duh) and the grand prize was a new set of Vossen wheels, I won, gave the guy all my contact info, said he would call me Monday to organize the deal. I called HIM Wednesday left a Vmail, emailed the company, sent letters etc. Never got a word out of them. All they did was leave that show looking like an awesome vendor by giving away an awesome product. In truth, what happened was they scammed me, and everyone there into thinking they are a good company, all they wanted was free exposure and word of mouth, and I assume they were hoping I wouldn't post about it on the boards. I didn't care at the time as I was running my new DPE's, but lately I have been seeing posts in my Regional sections by them and I want to make it KNOWN. They are not to be trusted. I have many people who will vouch for this. If you have any questions or want anymore info, please dont hesitate to PM me. I'll be happy to tell anyone all about the experience and the situation since that time.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet black e92 m3

I was at the meet. In fact, I was sitting next to Matt when he won best in show. (we actually stayed much longer than we had planned so that Matt could see if he won). This isn't a T-shirt this is a set of wheels. They should not be able to continue benefiting from this community when they will not stand behind their word. Especially at such a large event.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #3
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly and carefully

Did they give you something? Like a receipt of your prize? If yes you can take them to small claims.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Thats so bad...I dont understand why companies like this would want to ruin their reputation over 1 set of wheels. I know you guys in the states pride yourselves over customer service... and thats why I keep buying things from the US. Its a shame that these guys let it slide a little.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Titan316
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The fact of the matter is... Vossen is unprofessional. They are a young company run by young guys hoping for the best. I am a local business owner, and have been fortunate enough to do fairly well. I believe wholeheartedly in customer service and keeping your "word" when it comes to business because most referrals and references are word of mouth. When I won that day I knew, after meeting the guy and seeing how he interacted with me, I wasn't getting a thing. Even Lu said to me "bro, you know you will never hear from this guy again right?". The guy was short, acting like I was bothering him. He was short when Lu introduced himself as well, and OSS is well respected around here. Just an all around horrible experience and after that I could not imagine sending this guy 5-8 thousand dollars and trusting them with my money the way I have done in the past with wheel companies, most recently DPE. I want everyone on this board to know what happened. Because if I see one more post from Vossen I will puke. Then I will write on every thread of theres this exact situation. Even if I take one customer away from them, it will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
LSonDubz
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

That sucks! Maybe they will contact you now to get posts off the forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Mthree00
The modding begins!!!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSonDubz View Post
That sucks! Maybe they will contact you now to get posts off the forums.

100%
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
werke-t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

wow man thats such bad marketing right there... cheap ass company not to follow through with a promised car show prize..

Hopefully they arnt planning on doing this publicity scam again... watch out for it...

You should post this up on 6speedonline too, vossen post there like on a daily basis lol...

Lemme know when your ready to sell me your OSS

-Travis

Last edited by werke-t; 05-24-2011 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
jav@vossen
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Do you know who you talked to from our staff that promised you the free set of our wheels? I just asked everyone at our office and no one knows anything about this. Not sure how you left a voicemail since we dont have a voicemail system.. and also we have not received any letters or emails from you. What email address are you sending to?

Maybe a local shop was doing a Vossen give-away? If that is the case then you will have to talk to the shop about the free set they promised.

We wouldn't promise anything and not follow through with it. We are active on over 20 forums and have a very good reputation and we would never jeopardize our reputation by doing something like this.

Please call or email me with some more info.
Thanks,
Jav

jav@vossenwheels.com

305-463-7778
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav@vossen View Post
Do you know who you talked to from our staff that promised you the free set of our wheels? I just asked everyone at our office and no one knows anything about this. Not sure how you left a voicemail since we dont have a voicemail system.. and also we have not received any letters or emails from you. What email address are you sending to?

Maybe a local shop was doing a Vossen give-away? If that is the case then you will have to talk to the shop about the free set they promised.

We wouldn't promise anything and not follow through with it. We are active on over 20 forums and have a very good reputation and we would never jeopardize our reputation by doing something like this.

Thanks,
Jav

jav@vossenwheels.com

305-463-7778
Meet Thread

Interesting, Vossen is clearly a sponsor of the event, but there is no mention of a best in show contest and prize.

Hope you guys work this out. I hate to see threads like this on the forum. Looked like a great event too!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Thanks,
Jav

jav@vossenwheels.com

305-463-7778
Hmm..strange. Which members of your staff were present at the event? Seems like it can't be that difficult to find out who promised the wheels.
I recall Matt speaking to a young Indian guy. Was that you?

Edit: Just found this post as well..Unless bimmermansfl is a liar, this should help jog your memory. Looks like you guys were actually giving out TWO sets of wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermansfl
This was certainly a great event but just one of many to come. You guys will soon learn about what we're cooking up for the next series of events.

I can't thank our Sponsors enough for supporting us on this. Here is the list of raffle prizes that were given. Congratulations to all the winners!

3 JB3s from Burger Tuning with Free installs from EuroWerks
1 CARBON WRAP from Imperial Upholstery
1 PHOTOSHOOT from ER Photography
2 SETS OF VMR VB3 from Wheel Connection
1 $25 GIFT CERT from JLeviSW
2 COCKTAIL DRINK TICKETS from Gansevort in Miami Beach
1 Set of wheels - 20" RUFF RACING from Elite Roads
1 $20 credit towards computer services
8 Discount coupons at 8oz Burgers in Miami Beach
1 $25 Gift Certificate from layali Miami Beach
1 Free Cocktails at STK Miami Beach

Our friends from Vossen gave out two sets of their new VVSCV2 wheels!

Those that haven't signed up for our event on 11.13.10, sign up now :-)

Last edited by Ryan290; 05-24-2011 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
Mthree00
The modding begins!!!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #14
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Assess, snap!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
DerekSYB
Rep
Drives: none

Interesting
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
Titan316
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The dude at the show was an Indian guy, yes. I don't remember his name.

I don't know how on this planet you can offer out a set of wheels, have them claimed by the winner, have a rep there take all my info and give me his phone number and then forget about it. To add to that, saying I never sent an email is calling me a flat out liar. I don't appreciate that. Believe me I have better things to do than make up a story about winning best car in show on this board to cause static for a wheel company. I would prove I sent an email to Vossen but I am not searching back hundreds or thousands of emails to find it. I won a set of wheels for my car from Vossen at that show. Hundreds of people were there, 100's of people saw. Maybe all those people dont check this vendor section, but I guarantee you right now if you put a picture of my car up everyone will remember. I am not calling anyone to fight over a set of wheels, period. If a Vossen rep, who has a SAY and can fix this matter wants to call or email ME with the INTENTION of rectifying the situation, you can bet every dollar to your name I will speak highly of the company and if they can prove to me it was an UNINTENTIONAL screw up on their end, all will be forgiven and I will 100% back their claims to being a company that does right by their customers and wouldnt risk their reputation on over 30 forums over one set of rims for an e92 M3.

I will give out my personal cell phone number and my email for this to be resolved and I will post daily updates here and on other sections and if need be other boards to either A) protect people from getting conned like I did, or B) praise Vossen for taking responsibility for a mistake on their end, rectifying that mistake, and showing true professionalism.

My email is matthewmouttet@gmail.com, I welcome any email Vossen or their guys want to send out to me.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #17
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep

LOL Wheel companies. I love wheel company gossip and carnage. Somehow that industry attracts shady motherfuckers.

Last edited by BayerischeMotorenWerke; 05-25-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Titan316
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This was a giveaway from Vossen directly. Not a 3rd party or local shop. The guy who was the rep there gave me his phone number on a piece of paper and told me to call him. Called, no answer to vmail. left message waited a few days, text a few times back and forth, never heard from the guy again. Soon after I emailed Vossen off the website, and here we are almost a year later, still running my SL-5's from DPE, and I would have never said a thing, until I see these posts creeping up. I promise you, I am the most laid back guy out there, but I will never sit back and get screwed, which is EXACTLY how I feel. I take these issues VERY personally, and very seriously. I let it go because I am happy with the DPE set up im running, but I simply don't believe people who do what was done to me DESERVE to benefit in any way. I'm disgusted that I even have to defend myself or say anything in the first place. I have random people PMing me saying they were thinking of getting Vossen this or that, is this story true. Yes, it's true. I'm not responding to these PM's, not to be rude, just follow the thread and at the conclusion of this situation I will either say these guys definitely messed up, but they went out of their way to fix it and make me happy, or these guys are people you need to stay away from and that will be the end of that.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
jav@vossen
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan316 View Post
OK.. the person you are talking about is Javed Gul. He has not worked at our company as of November 2010. You were probably emailing him at javed@vossenwheels.com and also calling is cell phone.

So I think thats the reason no one here at our office knows about this whole situation.

I just tried to call him and could not get in contact with him.. but I'm going to keep trying to get in touch with him today to find out more about the situation.

Thanks

Jav
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
OK.. the person you are talking about is Javed Gul. He has not worked at our company as of November 2010. You were probably emailing him at javed@vossenwheels.com and also calling is cell phone.

So I think thats the reason no one here at our office knows about this whole situation.

I just tried to call him and could not get in contact with him.. but I'm going to keep trying to get in touch with him today to find out more about the situation.

Thanks

Jav

Ohhhh Ok. It was Javed not Jav that promised the wheels. That makes sense... Really? You expect us to believe that there is an alternate Jav out there promising wheels on behalf of Vossen? Seems unlikely.. This is getting ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #21
Ryan290
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan316 View Post

I don't know how on this planet you can offer out a set of wheels, have them claimed by the winner, have a rep there take all my info and give me his phone number and then forget about it. To add to that, saying I never sent an email is calling me a flat out liar. I don't appreciate that. Believe me I have better things to do than make up a story about winning best car in show on this board to cause static for a wheel company. I would prove I sent an email to Vossen but I am not searching back hundreds or thousands of emails to find it. I won a set of wheels for my car from Vossen at that show. Hundreds of people were there, 100's of people saw. Maybe all those people dont check this vendor section, but I guarantee you right now if you put a picture of my car up everyone will remember. I am not calling anyone to fight over a set of wheels, period. If a Vossen rep, who has a SAY and can fix this matter wants to call or email ME with the INTENTION of rectifying the situation, you can bet every dollar to your name I will speak highly of the company and if they can prove to me it was an UNINTENTIONAL screw up on their end, all will be forgiven and I will 100% back their claims to being a company that does right by their customers and wouldnt risk their reputation on over 30 forums over one set of rims for an e92 M3.

I will give out my personal cell phone number and my email for this to be resolved and I will post daily updates here and on other sections and if need be other boards to either A) protect people from getting conned like I did, or B) praise Vossen for taking responsibility for a mistake on their end, rectifying that mistake, and showing true professionalism.

My email is matthewmouttet@gmail.com, I welcome any email Vossen or their guys want to send out to me.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.
Here ya go, for the record. A picture of our cars from the meet.

EDIT: You can even see the Vossen display in the corner! A few more inches and we might have been able to catch a glimpse of "Javed".
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #22
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks

Jav
What a crock of shit. Jav@vossenwheels and Javed@vossenwheels are obviously the same person. How many Indian guys named Jav(ed) are there that work in the wheel industry? How can you believe that anyone would actually buy this bull?
Appreciate 0