BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
E92///
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears_and_Gasoline View Post
Again the bearing may not exhibit any play when unloaded or make any noise when driven and still be bad. I've personally been down this road.
the only noise i hear i believe is wind related at highway speeds but maybe got worse.

the exhaust is loud so it would be hard to hear noise from a wheel bearing.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #24
E92///
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
I just had my thrust arms and sway bar links due to the same clunk you're talking about. I'd maybe replace the hubs, especially upper end of mileage. Sucks to keep throwing parts at this. What I've done to see if bearings are bad unloaded is take a breaker bar, rest between studs, have someone hold the brake so it doesn't turn and try to get abnormal movement. It's kinda bs way to do it and it's not a sure way but I was able to get play I couldn't unloaded.
the clunking has gotten worse. after spinning the wheels on side made different noise and its hard to tell if its brakes or hub.

there is no obvious movement but i will try taking wheel off and using the breaker bar test...

there is a constant high speed road noise on highway maybe wind related sound.

also the front end just feels unstable at high speeds and ofcourse the steering wheel vibration is seen when not holding the wheel at 60mph plus and when holding has vibration.( also slight vibration from pedals)

between the clunking issue and the steering wheel wobble/vibration there is something happening. Cant believe its tires or wheels at this point. Maybe toe aligment needs to be rechecked?
Appreciate 0