BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

10-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #67
jeff2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTR Gun Metal Gray Pr Edi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by longuyen88 View Post
The 0-60 is comparable to the M3's. And with AWD, I am not surprised.
The Jeep's 4.7 second 0 to 60 mph time is not comparable to the M3's 3.9 second sprint to 60.
3.9 with LC
      10-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #68
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Impressive video.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #69
MWM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

got spanked son
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #70
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3
The Jeep can be faster, slower, I don't really care. I'll pass, thanks.

Completely irrelevant hate, that test was proved to be false. They were driving speeds a lil quicker with a weight load over the limit. PLUS a SRT wouldn't handle like that!! #Fail
      10-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #71
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
If you want to win stoplight drags, get a car with turbos and all wheel drive.
It doesnt have to be all wheel drive. My Cobb tuned n55 engine in 135i kills my own M3 from 0 to 100mph. After that, game over for 1er.
This n55 engine is impressive. I think bmw is going to use modified n55 in a new M3. Tune that engine and it will be game over for srt8 and most other pretenders from the stop light or anywere else
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #72
JFWM3
JFWE92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe 6MT

It is a little hard for me to relate because I just cannot see myself engaging in a drag race at a street light. I get visions of some pimply 16 year old in a lowered, rusty Civic, with purple window tint and a loud exhaust system on it when I think about it.

But kidding aside, I am not sure why anyone is even trying to compare these two vehicles. They are two different cars that serve different needs.

I am fortunate to have both. I am also unoriginal, so they are similar in color (it's amazing how close the Jeep is to Sparkling Graphite)!

The M3 is a sensational all around high revving sports coupe that can offer a spirited drive on a country road, or on the track. It is also a car that I can still take into work occasionally without getting some of the "snob comments" that a Porsche can garner. I supercharged it and modded it because it was just fun. But, it is still a car and has limited utility ability.

The Jeep SRT, while it is horrible on gas and is dated on the engine technology side, offers utility, is a good deal on a $/performance level compared to the German exotic SUV's and can still handle a Canadian winter. It also satisfied my personal need to have one North American car which is good for the US/Canadian economy. This Jeep is based off the Mercedes ML platform which Fiat inherited when took over Chrysler. It is no German SUV on the interior, but Chrysler has come a long way on the craftsmanship and amenity side. The Jeep SRT is fast and handles well, but it will not make you a Driving God on a twisty road like the M3 can.

But most importantly, for about the same price as a German performance SUV, you can get a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and a used BMW M3.

Not a bad value in comparison.
Attached Images

10-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #73
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Robbie Gordon had a SRT Jeep at bullrun he made his navigator crap his pants. Taking turns at 130 plus!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #74
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWM3 View Post
It is a little hard for me to relate because I just cannot see myself engaging in a drag race at a street light. I get visions of some pimply 16 year old in a lowered, rusty Civic, with purple window tint and a loud exhaust system on it when I think about it.

But kidding aside, I am not sure why anyone is even trying to compare these two vehicles. They are two different cars that serve different needs.

I am fortunate to have both. I am also unoriginal, so they are similar in color (it's amazing how close the Jeep is to Sparkling Graphite)!

The M3 is a sensational all around high revving sports coupe that can offer a spirited drive on a country road, or on the track. It is also a car that I can still take into work occasionally without getting some of the "snob comments" that a Porsche can garner. I supercharged it and modded it because it was just fun. But, it is still a car and has limited utility ability.

The Jeep SRT, while it is horrible on gas and is dated on the engine technology side, offers utility, is a good deal on a $/performance level compared to the German exotic SUV's and can still handle a Canadian winter. It also satisfied my personal need to have one North American car which is good for the US/Canadian economy. This Jeep is based off the Mercedes ML platform which Fiat inherited when took over Chrysler. It is no German SUV on the interior, but Chrysler has come a long way on the craftsmanship and amenity side. The Jeep SRT is fast and handles well, but it will not make you a Driving God on a twisty road like the M3 can.

But most importantly, for about the same price as a German performance SUV, you can get a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and a used BMW M3.

Great combo
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #75
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

You don't know how to drive your DCT. You should of engaged LC, lowered your rpms to launch as low as possible (3k ish) and you would have beat him if your RT was good. It's all driver from and dig so pleople need to stop posting car stats!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #76
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I remember we were discussing the S6 before and you didn't seem that impressed with it.

What changed your mind?
I went for a second and more extensive drive. The first time, I was really comparing to the strengths of my M3 and Cayenne which, for both, are the steering and linear engine response of a normally aspirated V8. The reality, however, is that all of today's big power vehicles are utilizing turbos, and they all have a bit of a disconnected feeling as a result. Still, if you want this level of blistering acceleration, that's the route you need to go. So I came to accept the relative shortcomings of the S6 (I say relative, because in the grand scheme of all cars, it is still in the top tier) for the strengths it has.... neck snapping acceleration, gobs of grip, and a gorgeous interior with ample space and a decent suspension system. I realized that I didn't need to duplicate my M3. What's the point of that? Every review of the S6 has been stellar and it is a tremendous value for all you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Weren't you the one that just kept saying there is no other car as refined as Porsche just couple of months ago? S6 / 7 are great choices as daily drivers for sure....... Not sure if I would want to pay that much for a daily driver though. Plus our roads and traffic is just horrible for a nice DD like S6.
There isn't. But you must pay to play, and I was really smitten by the brutal acceleration of the S6, the gobs of grip and the stunning interior. I have never owned a powerhouse luxury sedan before so I am looking forward to the experience. The Panamera turbo or even the Cayenne turbo are well north of $100k. I have my S6 fully ordered to spec for $85k. As far as spending that much, it is an amount that I am comfortable with. I am a car enthusiast and I love driving, so why should I daily drive a shitbox if I don't have to?
      10-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #77
Sered
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
I couldn't believe it myself, but they tried it off the line 2 times, rolling 2 times..lol. The g37s stick though is veryy quick. Possibly only got it because of his launches though. Idk what to say about the rolling though
Sure it wasn't spraying? G37s manual and auto are dog-slow, like 100mph traps. They're slower by a large margin than a 335i. The E93 M3 traps around 108-109 usually (335i around 104 and G37 around 100)
      10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #78
Liberation
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I went for a second and more extensive drive. The first time, I was really comparing to the strengths of my M3 and Cayenne which, for both, are the steering and linear engine response of a normally aspirated V8. The reality, however, is that all of today's big power vehicles are utilizing turbos, and they all have a bit of a disconnected feeling as a result. Still, if you want this level of blistering acceleration, that's the route you need to go. So I came to accept the relative shortcomings of the S6 (I say relative, because in the grand scheme of all cars, it is still in the top tier) for the strengths it has.... neck snapping acceleration, gobs of grip, and a gorgeous interior with ample space and a decent suspension system. I realized that I didn't need to duplicate my M3. What's the point of that? Every review of the S6 has been stellar and it is a tremendous value for all you get.
Nice...congrats!

I love the car! Its everything you said and really grows on you the more you drive it. You're also going to love the build quality and fit and finish. Its certainly a step up from the BMW's I've owned and been around.

Enjoy and let's see some pics when you take delivery....
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #79
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
Sure it wasn't spraying? G37s manual and auto are dog-slow, like 100mph traps. They're slower by a large margin than a 335i. The E93 M3 traps around 108-109 usually (335i around 104 and G37 around 100)
well im not talking about trap speeds im talking about short stop light races, zero to sixties. otherwise i know m3 would beast it on the highway when weight isnt really an issue that much

btw what's spraying?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #80
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

They have a ton of torque and AWD it just sticks.

No surprise that he took you off the line.

From a roll you would rape him.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #81
I am Jeff
Private
Rep
Drives: Gods Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
well im not talking about trap speeds im talking about short stop light races, zero to sixties. otherwise i know m3 would beast it on the highway when weight isnt really an issue that much

btw what's spraying?
Spraying = Nitrous Oxide (aka. NOS)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #82
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:

You should wrap one spoke on each of the Jeep's wheels in red vinyl
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #83
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
It doesnt have to be all wheel drive. My Cobb tuned n55 engine in 135i kills my own M3 from 0 to 100mph. After that, game over for 1er.
This n55 engine is impressive. I think bmw is going to use modified n55 in a new M3. Tune that engine and it will be game over for srt8 and most other pretenders from the stop light or anywere else
Have you seen the specs on the S55? It's pretty different than the N55.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=892746
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #84
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Great combo you've got there (gotta love SGM). From all the pics I've seen, the new Jeep GC interior looks amazing. I was looking at their diesels, and you can get that fully loaded for the price of a minimally optioned 328d Touring.

We all know the M3 gas consumption is bad, but that SRT is on a completely different level
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #85
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Look at it objectively...you had a decent launch and still got walked fairly easily. Props to jeep. Period

And for those who are interested in the jeeps. All it takes is a high stall torque converter for 3 sec 0-60 times. I had a 300srt8. And it uses the e55 Amg 5 spd and rear subframe. And the new jeep has the same platform as the new ml63.

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #86
m3anAPPLE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
They have a ton of torque and AWD it just sticks.

No surprise that he took you off the line.

From a roll you would rape him.
YES!!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #87
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
http://what-if-comics.com/wp-content...pcornGus-1.gif
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #88
JFWM3
JFWE92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Great combo you've got there (gotta love SGM). From all the pics I've seen, the new Jeep GC interior looks amazing. I was looking at their diesels, and you can get that fully loaded for the price of a minimally optioned 328d Touring.

We all know the M3 gas consumption is bad, but that SRT is on a completely different level

Thanks. I got the upgraded Harman Kardon Stereo - 19 speakers. It is by far the best stereo I've had in a car. And tonight I drove home in Track mode, the new 8spd works well. It even blips the throttle on down shifts.

All said, I'm really impressed. The Fiat Diesel is getting good reviews by the way. Fiat has a lot of experience on the diesel side.