BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

04-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #89
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

I vote no on the black grills. The chrome grills compliment your wheels nicely. Great car by the way. Loving the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #90
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Great to hear such a good review of the system....... I can only imagine how mine will sound at this point, I am waiting for a car to put it on!!

Hurry up and order that Individual Azurite Black Brembo BBK. I expect to see them when we get together this summer!! Ha Ha!!

Take care my friend.
Cheers, Jamie.

Patience is a virtue.... your car will be here soon, haha - although, speaking from experience, I know it won't be soon enough! I remember well when we were tracking our cars (your FIRST M3 - RIP ) - talk about waiting with baited breath!

Am definitely thinking about the BBK - I didn't have any performance issues with the OEM set up - even on the track, but they are definitely going on the wish list

Oh - Purolator (PUERILE-ator) "forgot" to pick up my CPU/DME - as such, my car is dead in the water until Thursday (no overnight from this town.... boooooo)......
      04-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #91
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quick update:

Just installed the "Edition" front grilles. Thank god for DIYs. I can see where there were potential problems, and kudos to those who wrote the DIYs. It's a simple procedure, but the little pointers were very helpful.

I've attached a couple pics (OEM chrome on passenger side, Edition shadown chrome on the other side, for comparison) - apologies for the poor lighting. My car is still without a DME, so it's not leaving the garage - this is also why the car is filthy. It rained JUST before getting the car home after the annual "M" service, and I needed to get the DME sent away to ESS ASAP, so there it sits - motionless, brainless, and filthy (sounds like me on a Sunday afternoon).

The Edition grilles are seriously beautiful. I was vascillating between leaving the grilles chrome, or installing the matte ones that I had purchased. These struck a perfect balance for me - darker, to lose the chrome look, yet still not entirely flat black. I love the look, as do I also like the side gills that match them.

I will post proper pics, including the Akrapovic as well, when I can actually get the car out of the garage, clean it, and actually get some proper pics.

Once again - thanks Nate and IND - these guys have been instrumental in getting my little car to where I am very, VERY happy with it.

Last edited by TTBear; 04-03-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #92
FON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F36 Performance/MINI R53 GP

Those grills

The mate ones that you have are from BMW Performance?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #93
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FON View Post
Those grills

The mate ones that you have are from BMW Performance?
Thanks!

The matte grilles that I had were from IND - I don't think they were the BMW Performance ones - just simple, flat/matte black.

I'm not sure, but I think the Performance grilles were maybe shiny black (a la Jet Black)?
      04-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #94
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Quick update:

Just installed the "Edition" front grilles. Thank god for DIYs. I can see where there were potential problems, and kudos to those who wrote the DIYs. It's a simple procedure, but the little pointers were very helpful.

I've attached a couple pics (OEM chrome on passenger side, Edition shadown chrome on the other side, for comparison) - apologies for the poor lighting. My car is still without a DME, so it's not leaving the garage - this is also why the car is filthy. It rained JUST before getting the car home after the annual "M" service, and I needed to get the DME sent away to ESS ASAP, so there it sits - motionless, brainless, and filthy (sounds like me on a Sunday afternoon).

The Edition grilles are seriously beautiful. I was vascillating between leaving the grilles chrome, or installing the matte ones that I had purchased. These struck a perfect balance for me - darker, to lose the chrome look, yet still not entirely flat black. I love the look, as do I also like the side gills that match them.

I will post proper pics, including the Akrapovic as well, when I can actually get the car out of the garage, clean it, and actually get some proper pics.

Once again - thanks Nate and IND - these guys have been instrumental in getting my little car to where I am very, VERY happy with it.

I just love those grills. Where did you get them? I thought you said IND but I can't seem to look them up on the web. If you can tell me the URL that would be great.

Are you back on the road yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #95
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
I just love those grills. Where did you get them? I thought you said IND but I can't seem to look them up on the web. If you can tell me the URL that would be great.

Are you back on the road yet?

Thanks! I got the grills through IND (send a private message to Nate@IND (IND is a vendor/sponsor on these boards). They are also on the web:

http://parts.ind-distribution.com/

I am SORT OF back on the road. Car's all together again, after exhaust/pulley/filter/chip tune.... but, winter decided to rear its ugly head once again, so I am stuck with a winter beater still.

It better smarten up soon, though.... dyno runs are booked for this Saturday.... fingers crossed.......

Will have some updated photos, soon.
      04-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #96
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Stupid Saskatchewan weather.......I want to know how the ESS tune is!

(do you get a discount when you buy a S/C?!)
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #97
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

You might have to try and make it out to Calgary for one of our M3 meets
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #98
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:

I am SORT OF back on the road. Car's all together again, after exhaust/pulley/filter/chip tune.... but, winter decided to rear its ugly head once again, so I am stuck with a winter beater still.

It better smarten up soon, though.... dyno runs are booked for this Saturday.... fingers crossed.......

Will have some updated photos, soon.
Don't feel bad...... we got 40CM of snow in Fort Mac.

BTW, my car started production on Tuesday...... getting close now!!!!
      04-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #99
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Stupid Saskatchewan weather.......I want to know how the ESS tune is!

(do you get a discount when you buy a S/C?!)
LOL. Agree. Weather here leaves a lot to be desired

Bahahaha...... I dunno about any discount, but I am making some inquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
You might have to try and make it out to Calgary for one of our M3 meets
MIGHT? I'm there! I've been keeping an eye on the Canadian sub-forum... would love to get out there this summer.

Quote:
Don't feel bad...... we got 40CM of snow in Fort Mac.

BTW, my car started production on Tuesday...... getting close now!!!!
40cm!?!? Jeeeeeeeeeesus, Jamie. Did you order your car with the dog-sled option? Glad to hear your car is born - looking forward to this summer
      04-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #100
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
LOL. Agree. Weather here leaves a lot to be desired

Bahahaha...... I dunno about any discount, but I am making some inquiries

MIGHT? I'm there! I've been keeping an eye on the Canadian sub-forum... would love to get out there this summer.

40cm!?!? Jeeeeeeeeeesus, Jamie. Did you order your car with the dog-sled option? Glad to hear your car is born - looking forward to this summer
No I decided on putting a 12" lift in it with 37x12.5x18" Mud Tires instead of lowering it on 20's.

I can't wait for delivery and meeting up this summer with IND!!!

Count me in for Calgary too!!!
      04-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #101
Olagüe
Brigadier General
Spain
Rep
Drives: 333i e92

very niceee!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #102
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to plan a July, stampede m3 meetup in calgary. Tell you what, I'll probably even have a bbq since a few might be out of towners.
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #103
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to plan a July, stampede m3 meetup in calgary. Tell you what, I'll probably even have a bbq since a few might be out of towners.
I won't be able to make it after the 15th of July...... I am driving across the country for holidays on the east coast.

Maybe June??? The 12th or the 26th would be good!!!
      04-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #104
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I won't be able to make it after the 15th of July...... I am driving across the country for holidays on the east coast.

Maybe June??? The 12th or the 26th would be good!!!
Me neither...

I'm pretty booked up after July 15th, as well

Thanks for setting something up, though! I'll try my best to be there, regardless
      04-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #105
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

TTBear,

Question on the Edition grills (and gills): You mention they are "shadow chrome". Is this like the "shadow chrome" of the E46 M3 18" rims? Thanks.

Cheers.
      04-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #106
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
TTBear,

Question on the Edition grills (and gills): You mention they are "shadow chrome". Is this like the "shadow chrome" of the E46 M3 18" rims? Thanks.

Cheers.
No worries - to answer your question, no, the finish is nothing like the Shadow Chrome of the e46 wheels, which have a metallic finish, and no hint of chrome.

The finish on these grilles/gills is like regular chrome, only with a tinted clear coat on top. It's the only way I can describe it. I have seen wheels called "Black Chrome" - it is similar to this finish. No metallic flake.

My pics aren't very accurate. The pics from aussiem3's post are much better:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=edition

Hope this helps. I love them!
      04-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #107
FON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F36 Performance/MINI R53 GP

Quote:
Thanks!

The matte grilles that I had were from IND - I don't think they were the BMW Performance ones - just simple, flat/matte black.

I'm not sure, but I think the Performance grilles were maybe shiny black (a la Jet Black)?
Yes my friend, you are right!

Just ordered mine.. It's not a V8..but a V6 diesel..but it will have this colour..the performance grilles arrived yesterday..

Do you have pics off the interior yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #108
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FON View Post
Yes my friend, you are right!

Just ordered mine.. It's not a V8..but a V6 diesel..but it will have this colour..the performance grilles arrived yesterday..

Do you have pics off the interior yet?
Yikes! I completely forgot about the interior pics - apologies. Will get some up this week - I am doing a big time detail on it for an upcoming show locally, and then another, towards the end of May, so at least it will be clean.

Oh - by the way - dynoed the thing this past weekend. Those mods make a difference. 365whp. Not bad. Happy with the result. To get any more out of it, probably will have to go forced induction. I was able to keep up with an e46 M3 with Stage I VF supercharger, which I thought was cool (he put down 380whp).

The Akrapovic was sounding KILLER on the dyno....
      04-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #109
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
I must admit, it was kind of a leap of faith ordering the colour. I REALLY like Jerez, and all I had to go on, was this 6" x 8" colour "sample" that the dealer had. It was scratched up beyond recognition, but, after some help from an M5 forum, I got some pretty fair pics of the colour, and ordered it.
Azurite black is a great colour. It was the same for me - I had never seen it in person, only on photos, and ordered it just out of instinct. I haven't regretted it one single second since.

Quote:
I am also quite amazed that they won't give you guys south of the border access to BMW Individual. I have heard that to process an Individual car, they more or less have to stop the production line momentarily. I guess if you are trying to accommodate your company's largest single market, that could get pretty time-consuming.
Actually, all cars with components from the BMW Individual selection are taken out of the normal production line (which does not have to be stopped for that), are shipped to the BMW M GmbH (which is in charge of the Individual programme), modified there, then shipped back and finalized. If you have considerable individualizations done to your car (such as in my case not only the paint but also various other options such as leather or wood trim), this may cause an additional delay to your order (in my case 3-4 weeks). It's quite a pity though that it's so difficult to obtain these options in the US.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      03-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #110
MikeyBMWM
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: Insane

Damn, this car is amazing :P Very clean
Appreciate 0