BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

01-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
mudphud00
Rep
Drives: '23 G82

Problems w/ "Music Controls Pro" for jb iPod touch

All, I have a 2009 E90 M3 with iPod kit + iDrive. I wanted to be able to control music playback of Spotify through the steering wheel buttons, so I ended up getting an iPod touch and jail breaking it, so I could put "Music Controls Pro" on it. Others have used this with similar vintage E9x's with success, per these forums; however, I can't get it to work at all. Specifically, there's no track info on the display; if I switch to radio, the iPod doesn't pause; the transport controls have no effect; etc. I've tried rebooting the iPod to no avail.

Any thoughts or experience?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
mudphud00
Rep
Drives: '23 G82

Well, I may have answered my own question. It looks the iDrive system wasn't too happy with an iPod w/o any music on it (in the normal music sync, not Spotify. I just bought this iPod today for the sole purpose of leaving in the car. Moreover, I wasn't too excited about jail breaking my iPhone 4s, as I rely on it too much when I travel). Once I synced some tracks to it via iTunes (over wifi, w/o having to get the iPod out of the car), the transport controls, track info, etc. started working. Strange.
Appreciate 0