BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

06-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #23
mikey19
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 / White / 6MT

haha,
not trying to achieve much here; just trying to blend in.

i've asked my gf- from her point of view, most ppl won't notice the quad exhaust pipes. and since i wont try to rev the car, it won't be loud either.

im just trying to stay on the safe side. lookes like not much can be done.

my parents bought me the car as a present for college graduation. i really love it, so dont want to get rid of it.
and i didn't have a choice as to which grad school im going to.

and my parents refuse to get me another (even super cheap) car. they are not very into cars and don't want to have a M3 sitting at home while still having to pay for insurance and taxes every year...
and they dont know how to drive manual

so im just plan to drive the car for 4 years and hopefully land residency in a nice area. then i will mod it to look nicer and get a good exhaust system too.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
Stick with the OEM 18, they are alot less flashy then the OEM 19
i disagree.
depends on the color of the car, but everyone i know noticed my rims first, and i love the color.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
I would say that is possibly the worst idea...peoples curiousity will get the best of them and you we all know what that means. a car cover in the middle of a parking lot is going to get a lot more attention then an M3.

OP, you can remove all the ///M badges, the trunk one i agree with but the side ones. no point IMO. It is small and anyone who even knows what an ///M3 is, will know its an M3 simply because of the hood and the fact that you still HAVE the side gills.

Just have proper insurance and live your life !
My dad had a Ferrari Mondial parked in a condo garage, some jackhole lifted up the cover and crapped on the Prancing Horse

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #26
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
My dad had a Ferrari Mondial parked in a condo garage, some jackhole lifted up the cover and crapped on the Prancing Horse
my point exactly.
BUT wow...thats nasty!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #27
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Mate, I don't know why you are wrecking your M3 for the sake of what you believe someone will think.

If one of my patients/clients said "You drive an M3!" my response would be "You should be happy that I drive an M3 because it shows I'm good at my job!" I'd be more worried if my accountant or lawyer drove a sh*tbox!!!

Don't destroy something you love because of what someone else might think. Be proud of what you have and let the under-achievers wallow in their own lack of achievement.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #28
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

go get some matt brown vinyl, cover the entire car but dont do a good job....

318i badge on the back....

purple tint...... again, dont do a good job installing it- hooray for bubbles....

those bullet hole stickers can come in handy here-

Nascar sticker combined with the '3' with halo around it saying 'In loving memory'

steel wheels, only 1 can have a hub cap.

Loosen the 2 v-band clamps going to the mufflers to create an exhaust leak from hell.
      06-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #29
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

If a second car is too expensive, buy a motorcycle.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
mikey19
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 / White / 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
go get some matt brown vinyl, cover the entire car but dont do a good job....

318i badge on the back....

purple tint...... again, dont do a good job installing it- hooray for bubbles....

those bullet hole stickers can come in handy here-

Nascar sticker combined with the '3' with halo around it saying 'In loving memory'

steel wheels, only 1 can have a hub cap.

Loosen the 2 v-band clamps going to the mufflers to create an exhaust leak from hell.
Will DO !!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #31
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Wow..... ur poor M3. I feel sorry for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #32
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Buy a used car for 2k or less. Much easier solution.
This and grow some damn balls. You can't worry about being carjacked or targeted because of the car you drive. Also what the hell is a "messy" area or city? Why don't you just stay at home safe and sound with your parents.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #33
ArabianSensation
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Dude don't ruin an M3 for that dumb reason.... Get good insurance on it and find a garage to park it in and stop tearing it apart!

You still haven't said where the location is..... If its not Compton or Detroit you will be ok. I go to school at UIC in Chicago, and even in the crappy areas I see people parking expensive cars on the street. Acura NSX... SL500 Benz.... M6....etc
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
S38 TO S65
Rep
Drives: 92 BMW M5 and 66 Ford F100

Not much I can say I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey19 View Post
haha,
not trying to achieve much here; just trying to blend in.

i've asked my gf- from her point of view, most ppl won't notice the quad exhaust pipes. and since i wont try to rev the car, it won't be loud either.

im just trying to stay on the safe side. lookes like not much can be done.

my parents bought me the car as a present for college graduation. i really love it, so dont want to get rid of it.
and i didn't have a choice as to which grad school im going to.

and my parents refuse to get me another (even super cheap) car. they are not very into cars and don't want to have a M3 sitting at home while still having to pay for insurance and taxes every year...
and they dont know how to drive manual

so im just plan to drive the car for 4 years and hopefully land residency in a nice area. then i will mod it to look nicer and get a good exhaust system too.
With me living in Atlanta, I think I can help you out a bit, but I need to know where your Grad School is located. I'll give you my personal experiance with having to park your car in public places over night in these crazy streets

I own an E63 M6 (with eisenman exhaust, Vorstiner boot lid, etc) and go to Georgia Tech, where I stay on campus and am not allowed to purchase a parking pass since I'm a freshman. I normally park in Atlantic Stations parking deck since my aunt lives in one of the lofts up there. I park the car and ride my bike to and from school depending on if I have to use it. But, if I have to work after my classes, I will park behind this barber shop near the school with a dingy car cover over it. Alot of times with me, I talk to alot of people in the area, so whenever I park my car they are usually watching out for it. In other words, develope relationships with store owners/ homeowners near the school. Nobody has ever tried to tamper with my M6 no matter how clean/nice I keep it.

Just some tips when parking the car on the street:

1. Park where everyone can see your car clearly (someone is less likely to steal or tamper with your car when others can see them). And if you park it overnight, park where there is good lighting or park underneath a light so your car is visible.

2. No need to take off badges/ wheels, that's just nonsense thinking Park the back of the car towards the area that is closed off to vision (for instance if a wall is in front of the parking space, back the car up towards the wall so the front faces traffic/passer bys)

3. If you have personal tags like (ballin, etc) take it off (most cars are vadalized when there are representations like this. A guy that I've parked next to for 4 months now has an individual tag. The class takes a trip to NY and we come back to see his E class ruined with blue wall paint, broken lights, etc. My car, nothing exept pollen)

4. Leave nothing like electronics, wallets, or any other items people could use for quick cash.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S38 TO S65 View Post
With me living in Atlanta, I think I can help you out a bit, but I need to know where your Grad School is located. I'll give you my personal experiance with having to park your car in public places over night in these crazy streets

I own an E63 M6 (with eisenman exhaust, Vorstiner boot lid, etc) and go to Georgia Tech, where I stay on campus and am not allowed to purchase a parking pass since I'm a freshman. I normally park in Atlantic Stations parking deck since my aunt lives in one of the lofts up there. I park the car and ride my bike to and from school depending on if I have to use it. But, if I have to work after my classes, I will park behind this barber shop near the school with a dingy car cover over it. Alot of times with me, I talk to alot of people in the area, so whenever I park my car they are usually watching out for it. In other words, develope relationships with store owners/ homeowners near the school. Nobody has ever tried to tamper with my M6 no matter how clean/nice I keep it.

Just some tips when parking the car on the street:

1. Park where everyone can see your car clearly (someone is less likely to steal or tamper with your car when others can see them). And if you park it overnight, park where there is good lighting or park underneath a light so your car is visible.

2. No need to take off badges/ wheels, that's just nonsense thinking Park the back of the car towards the area that is closed off to vision (for instance if a wall is in front of the parking space, back the car up towards the wall so the front faces traffic/passer bys)

3. If you have personal tags like (ballin, etc) take it off (most cars are vadalized when there are representations like this. A guy that I've parked next to for 4 months now has an individual tag. The class takes a trip to NY and we come back to see his E class ruined with blue wall paint, broken lights, etc. My car, nothing exept pollen)

4. Leave nothing like electronics, wallets, or any other items people could use for quick cash.

Good tips...good advice...

But we still need to know what area or what school you will be attending!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0