BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

02-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #67
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredresen View Post
Does statistics show you in which cars young people are killed? Im sure if it is in an M5 it will be all over the news and saying 'fast cars and young people blablabla'. But here in Belgium, most young people die in crashes with a tuned Corola,Golf,Seat Ibiza...
If the parents didnt trust/know their son, they would definitly not give him the car. It was like that with my parents...

And maybe you weren't all that smart and responsible on the road?
It doesn't matter what kind of car they were in, crashed is crashed.

Again, the numbers don't lie. It's not just about responsibility, it's about awareness, control, and comprehension of what's happening around you on the road. These are things that have nothing to do with responsibility, they're about experience, which is something nobody in that age group has. Adding a 400hp car that can easily bite you into the mix isn't doing anyone any favors. Anyway, enjoy the car.

02-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #68
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Congrats on the car.

Not responsible of the parents though. You may be an extremely responsible kid, but that's not the issue. The issue is lack of experience behind the wheel. How long have you been driving? We all know you're going to speed with this car, everyone does. Anyone on here who owns a 414hp M3 and claims to obey every traffic law is highly unbelievable. The question comes down to understanding how fast turns in the road, stop signs, other drivers, and other dangers are coming at you. How are you going to react to these situations? What are you going to do if the car starts to slide? What are you going to do if the wheels start spinning? My suggestion is start off slow. Nothing can give you the experience you need but time behind the wheel.
      02-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #69
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Nice Car.

Would never give my 16 yo kid a 415 hp car, but hey, that's me. Don't be a statistic.
      02-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #70
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
It doesn't matter what kind of car they were in, crashed is crashed.

Again, the numbers don't lie. It's not just about responsibility, it's about awareness, control, and comprehension of what's happening around you on the road. These are things that have nothing to do with responsibility, they're about experience, which is something nobody in that age group has. Adding a 400hp car that can easily bite you into the mix isn't doing anyone any favors. Anyway, enjoy the car.

Irresponsible parents, who probably have good intentions. Nothing new. Kid's not to fault at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #71
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Just remember when you accelerate hard into a turn that no amount of DSC or ABS can save you from understeering straight off of the road. That seems like the most common way people crash fast cars.
Accelerate into a corner? Who does that? You *de*celerate into a corner and out of one.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #72
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

congrats man, thats one fuckin awesome gift, no one on here knows you, but judging from your post, it seems like you have some sort of responsibility and sense of maturity despite your age, my advice would be just stay safe and make smart decisions. many happy miles
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #73
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
A used M3? Peasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Congrats on the car.

Not responsible of the parents though. You may be an extremely responsible kid, but that's not the issue. The issue is lack of experience behind the wheel. How long have you been driving? We all know you're going to speed with this car, everyone does. Anyone on here who owns a 414hp M3 and claims to obey every traffic law is highly unbelievable. The question comes down to understanding how fast turns in the road, stop signs, other drivers, and other dangers are coming at you. How are you going to react to these situations? What are you going to do if the car starts to slide? What are you going to do if the wheels start spinning? My suggestion is start off slow. Nothing can give you the experience you need but time behind the wheel.
+100, my thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #74
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW/BB DCT '10

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Thanks guys for all the support, and for those of you who don't know I am very thankful to have parents like mine. I'm Not the type of kid who receives without forgeting. I'm also not selfish at all. To give you a idea on what kind of kid I am, this Christmas I told my parents that instead of getting me presents, and to give them tosomeone who reallyneeds them. So that's what they did, and I'll tell you I've never had a happier Christmas knowing that a family of kids who don't expect anything on Christmas will wake up to more presents than they ever could have imagened.

And to everyone who is worried about it being my first time driving, for the first 6 months I need to be accompanied by a parent when ever I drive.

Thanks again, and it's awesome to be able to talk to people who love cars and appreciate them just as much as I do( unlike my friends)

----2008 SSII e90 M3 6MT-----GONE
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #75
jayjaybelbel
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: frozen red E92

congrats dude!! like what others are saying here, drive safe and don't put that V8 to your head if you know what i'm saying...just enjoy it....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #76
tunawi7cheese
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Power by dead dinosaurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
get that car on the road and get some ass dood!

Drive slow and get some ass. If you drive by too fast, the girls won't see you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #77
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvd.kevin View Post

Drive slow and get some ass. If you drive by too fast, the girls won't see you.
haha thats nice i have never heard that !!!

well first of all i gotta say i am jealous, because i am 16 and i still don't drive yet, honestly its really nice of your parents to get you such a nice car but an M3 for me seems to much, if i get my brothers 328i (which seems really fast for me when i drive it) would just be amazing, at this age honestly i don't want to drive an M3, WHY ? because if i go to school with it i am sure jealous kids will just key the shit out of that car, 2nd of all you might say you WILL NOT speed but every time i get behind a wheel the feelings change, its true i obey the laws but i still got that feeling inside of me that says "push it, find out what its capable of" but for a good reason i never do it, i learned my lesson when me and my friends were driving recklessly and my friend crashed his car into a curb, after that all i think about is getting from A to B safely, and if you speed trust me the difference isn't going to be that much in terms of time and my brother proved it to me on an open freeway when we covered 10 mls in 3 minutes going at 125mph and going 65 and getting there in 5 minutes and all that reckless driving and going the twice the speed limit for what 2 minutes ?? anyways, drive safely, don't drive your friends ( i know you can't by law for a yea so still don't do it), don't race people because 99% of the time they will have more experience then you behind a wheel and if they don't then it might end up bad for both of you and remember just because your in one of the safest cars in the world doesn't mean the other people are.

drive safely and have fun !!!! your going to be a pimp @ your high school now
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #78
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
dont die
________
PRILOSEC INJURY LAWYER

Last edited by Bluesummer; 09-07-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

congrats on the car man, but just make wise desicions and be careful.

im 18 and i remember when my parents gave me my first car 2 years ago. i did a lot of dumb sh*t and payed the price for almost everything.

remember that you are NOT as good of a driver as you think you are. just because you are subscribed to du Pont registry and you beat Grand Turismo does not mean you qualify to drift on public roads, drag race random people, or do top speed runs on the express way.

also dont forget, just because your parents may have some money does not mean the law does not apply to you, your ass will go to jail. maybe not as long as others, but you will be there.

i dont know if anyone here remembers but not too long ago on the M5 and M6 boards a kid my age received an M5 from his parents and posted a thread about his SMG setting or w.e.

The same thing that is happening to you happened to him, a bunch of older adults criticized him for getting the car. saying he was not responsible, his parents were dumbasses, and etc. He assured them all that he was responsible and would not be doing anything dumb. about 3 days later (no joke), an M5 in the same town that he was located had broken into an empty air port and hit about 200mph, unfortunately the driver ran out of runway and went straight into the woods. It turned out that the driver was in fact that 18 year old who started that thread and 3 of his friends, none of them were older than 20. The accident scene was horrible. if i remember correctly, the only thing that was not in pieces was 1 rim, everything else was scattered in the woods.

hopefully someone can find that thread and post it up here.

the only reason why i think you should see it and be aware of it is because that was the only thing that got me to act more responsible and keep me in check with reality, hopefully it will do the same to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #80
SPQR M3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 325i

I gotta be honest here, there's something very wrong about a 16yo kid getting such an expensive car that the vast majority of us have to work hard for.

IMO all this does is teach the kid that things come easy. It does nothing to instill in him any kind of work ethic.

I did it the "hard way". My first car was a POS and now, 20 years later, at the age of 37, I am soon to take delivery of my E92 M3, which will be my first European car.

The point of this post? That the feeling of satisfaction knowing that I "did it myself" is something that money just can't buy.

That said, I hope the kid enjoys his gift and DRIVES SAFELY.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #81
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
hey guys

i took some pics of the car after getting it washed, but by the time i got home it was dirty again http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/mad0260.gif.. anyway here they are

thanks for everything
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #82
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

NICE !!!!!! got a brand new slk350 for my 16th ! new m3 on the 19th !
      02-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #83
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
thats sweet man.. i always liked the slk.. but i usually hate merc. but slk=nice

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #84
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
A used M3? Peasant.
LOLOLOLOL SADLY I KIND OF AGREE. jk
      02-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #85
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWxM View Post
thats sweet man.. i always liked the slk.. but i usually hate merc. but slk=nice
Actually SLK = Not nice, it sucks. just my training car, it was bone stock anyway. Car sucks, no power, Okay style, shitty drive.
      02-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #86
MMMM_Fun
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i AW, 92 Miata

Congrats on your ride.

A better question is ..... let's see your Dad's garage? A Ferrari? Lambo? Pics please!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #87
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
haha .. my dad isnt like that... he enjoys the simple things in life. that F350 in the background is what he drives everyday.. and would rather that than anything else hahaha....srry if its disapointing. he does have an escalade.. but never really drives it. my mom has a Range Rover sport s/c, but thats as good as it gets hhaha.

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #88
tim3less
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Congrats. Just be careful. Too many stories of young guys with fast cars.

Definitely....know a few kids driving S5s, red Dinan tuned E39 M5 (LOVE IT), alpine white E60 M5, and an M6..........we, teenagers are insane these days.