BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #463
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
lol he just compared AI to one of the all time greats ever on earth in newport beach.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #464
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
black swan baby! haha
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #465
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Please people, wake up. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Lakers are not good enough to win championship this year. They were extremely lucky last year. This year they are older, and not much motivated. Kobe can not turn it on whenever he wants. His game is getting slower. He has become a shooter. And I don't care how good of a shooter your are, In long run, you can not win championship when you best player is just a jump shooter.

This year west is much weakaer than last year. Besides Spurs and Lakers, thare are no real contenders. Dallas is good, but it is a one man team (Dirk). In 7 game series, Dallas has no chance agains Spurs or LA.

Even if LA manages to come out from west (I doubt), they have less than zero chance against .Boston/Miami.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #466
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
How much money would you put on that? and did you say the same thing last year about kobe and the lakers? lol
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #467
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
How much money would you put on that? and did you say the same thing last year about kobe and the lakers? lol
Would you honestly think that Lakers can win with Perkins in the C lineup? Celtics had to use Rasheed as a center..

This year they are prepared. Shaq & Perkin. Celtics is still the deepest team in the league.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #468
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Would you honestly think that Lakers can win with Perkins in the C lineup? Celtics had to use Rasheed as a center..

This year they are prepared. Shaq & Perkin. Celtics is still the deepest team in the league.

The Lakers more than struggled in beating NOH where they were without their key guys..and with Memphis coming up, it's gonna be another struggle..Memphis always get up for LA..In any case, I had predicted the Lakers will lose the WCF and it's fun while it lasted..time for Kupchak to rework his magic after this seaon or after the lockout season..so much uncertainty in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Boston is pulling out all stops since they know this is their LAST hurrah, now or never. They know what they're up against and the EAST is seriously improving and the top 5 are all potential contenders if not already contenders. Gonna be helluva exciting playoffs!!
      02-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #469
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
My comments were all about this year. Last year they were a better team. Entire team was a year younger. But most importantly they were much more focused, especially Artes who was a big factor. Kobe is much slower (age/high mileage on knees). No one buys his fakes anymore. No more free trips to free throw line.

Also no home court advantage in western finals.

They will pass the first round, struggle in the second round. I would be shocked if they can win the west.

Even if they do, there is no way they beat Celtics/Miami.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #470
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

Rasheed had a great game 7. Better than Perkins was playing most of the series. 11 pts, 8 rebounds in Game 7.

Kendrick's Finals breakdowns:
Game 6: Injured early.
Game 5 Kperk had 4 pts, 7 rebounds.
Game 4 6 pts 7 rebounds.
Game 3 5 pts 11 rebounds.
Game 2 12 pts 6 rebounds.
Game 1 8 pts 3 rebounds.

I hear over and over again that the Game 7 would have been different if Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Especially because of the rebounding. You telling me a guy that averages 6.8 rebounds over 5 games would have rebounded better? Rasheed had 8 rebounds. Looks like more than KPerk right there.

Or maybe you have proven time and time to be a Lakers hater and not giving credit where credit is due. Bynum was hurt the entire fucking series but do you hear people complaining about that? KPerk was hurt for 2 games. Bynum was out there on one leg. Double standards FTL.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC Guy; 02-06-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #471
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post

The Lakers more than struggled in beating NOH where they were without their key guys..and with Memphis coming up, it's gonna be another struggle..Memphis always get up for LA..In any case, I had predicted the Lakers will lose the WCF and it's fun while it lasted..time for Kupchak to rework his magic after this seaon or after the lockout season..so much uncertainty in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Boston is pulling out all stops since they know this is their LAST hurrah, now or never. They know what they're up against and the EAST is seriously improving and the top 5 are all potential contenders if not already contenders. Gonna be helluva exciting playoffs!!
Boston are 38-12. (.760 winning %). Boston last year finished 50-32 (.610 winning %)
Lakers are 35-16. (.686 winning %). Lakers last year finished 57-25 (.695 winning %)

I think you guys have a short memory and the Lakers are not fall off record wise from last year (.695 vs .686, not much of a difference).

Also, stop overanalyzing games so much. The Celtics lost to the Rockets this month by 4 points, beat the Bobcats by 5 points, beat the Pistons by 4 points. At the end of the year, a win is a win. And another things about records is the Eastern Conference plays games against teams in the East than the West and vice versa. If the playoffs started today, the Indiana Pacers would be the 8th seed in the East. Guess what they would be in the West? 13th. Injured plagued Portland would be the 8th seed in the West but they would be the 5th seed in the East. There's 8 teams under Golden State's record of .449 in the East and only 3 in the West.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

I mean seriously, off the bandwagon already?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC Guy; 02-06-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #472
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Please people, wake up. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Lakers are not good enough to win championship this year. They were extremely lucky last year. This year they are older, and not much motivated. Kobe can not turn it on whenever he wants. His game is getting slower. He has become a shooter. And I don't care how good of a shooter your are, In long run, you can not win championship when you best player is just a jump shooter.

This year west is much weakaer than last year. Besides Spurs and Lakers, thare are no real contenders. Dallas is good, but it is a one man team (Dirk). In 7 game series, Dallas has no chance agains Spurs or LA.

Even if LA manages to come out from west (I doubt), they have less than zero chance against .Boston/Miami.
So you cannot win a Championship when your best team is a jump shooter but Boston is the favorite when their best scoring players are... jumpshooters.

Ray Allen
Kevin Garnet
Paul Pierce

All primarily jump shooters.

2010 Points in the paint:
Celtics: 37.3
Lakers: 35.3

Good theory craft bro. Hit me up when you can find Miami's points in the paint. Earlier this year they were one of the fewest actually.

Last edited by OC Guy; 02-06-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #473
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Rasheed had a great game 7. Better than Perkins was playing most of the series. 11 pts, 8 rebounds in Game 7.

Kendrick's Finals breakdowns:
Game 6: Injured early.
Game 5 Kperk had 4 pts, 7 rebounds.
Game 4 6 pts 7 rebounds.
Game 3 5 pts 11 rebounds.
Game 2 12 pts 6 rebounds.
Game 1 8 pts 3 rebounds.

I hear over and over again that the Game 7 would have been different if Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Especially because of the rebounding. You telling me a guy that averages 6.8 rebounds over 5 games would have rebounded better? Rasheed had 8 rebounds. Looks like more than KPerk right there.

Or maybe you have proven time and time to be a Lakers hater and not giving credit where credit is due. Bynum was hurt the entire fucking series but do you hear people complaining about that? KPerk was hurt for 2 games. Bynum was out there on one leg. Double standards FTL.
O come on.. 611 230 pound guarding 7 feet 300 pound? Perkins isn't in there to score he is in there to play defense. Stats don't mean anything if they are playing defense. Look at Artest stats. It is trash but he plays excellent defense and impacts the game in many different ways. How about Joel Anthony for the Heats? 1.9 PPG 3.6 Rebound? Who the fuck is that guy? Many dont know but he is the anchor for Miami heat's defense.

Bottom line, Stats don't mean shit.

Btw, Bynum for the first championship year he only averaged 6.3 points/3.7 RPG. He had a better average when he was injured. 9+ points/6.9RPB..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #474
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So you cannot win a Championship when your best team is a jump shooter but Boston is the favorite when their best scoring players are... jumpshooters.

Ray Allen
Kevin Garnet
Paul Pierce

All primarily jump shooters.

2010 Points in the paint:
Celtics: 37.3
Lakers: 35.3

Good theory craft bro. Hit me up when you can find Miami's points in the paint. Earlier this year they were one of the fewest actually.
Well, there is not much to say after your post which clearly indicates you don't know what you are talking about.

I am not a Celtic fan, I am just a huge fan who has been following NBA very closely (rarely miss a game) for over 20 years.

Ray Allen : Jump shooter, but one the best if not the best ever. This year he is playing much much better than last year.

K.G : I personally hate him for being one the the dirtiest player in the league but at the same time I give him credit for what he does. If you consider him jump shooter you are not a basketball fan. From time to time he gets the ball from Rando when he is wide open and shoots it, but he definelty has postup game.

Paul Pierce : I think you were kidding when you called him jump shooter. Not much else to say.

Also, another post above from another member who has no idea about whay he is talking about. Lakers have more or less same winning percentage as last year. Who cares how many games you win unless you are winning against quality opponents. Laker has loosing % against winning teams. This is what really counts.

Please guys, if you don't know what you are talking about don't make nonsense comments.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #475
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Well, there is not much to say after your post which clearly indicates you don't know what you are talking about.

I am not a Celtic fan, I am just a huge fan who has been following NBA very closely (rarely miss a game) for over 20 years.

Ray Allen : Jump shooter, but one the best if not the best ever. This year he is playing much much better than last year.

K.G : I personally hate him for being one the the dirtiest player in the league but at the same time I give him credit for what he does. If you consider him jump shooter you are not a basketball fan. From time to time he gets the ball from Rando when he is wide open and shoots it, but he definelty has postup game.

Paul Pierce : I think you were kidding when you called him jump shooter. Not much else to say.

Also, another post above from another member who has no idea about whay he is talking about. Lakers have more or less same winning percentage as last year. Who cares how many games you win unless you are winning against quality opponents. Laker has loosing % against winning teams. This is what really counts.

Please guys, if you don't know what you are talking about don't make nonsense comments.
Ray is playing great this year.

What post moves does KG have? He's typically a turn and fadeaway type of player. KG has been mostly a jumpshooter his whole career. Don't know what you are watching. He is not a low post type of player.

Paul Pierce primarily shoots jumpers with a bunch of pump fakes.

Again, the Celtics score 2 more points in the paint than the Lakers.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #476
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
lol enough talk lets just put some money on this or if you lose yous gota trade your car in for an audi.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #477
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ray is playing great this year.

What post moves does KG have? He's typically a turn and fadeaway type of player. KG has been mostly a jumpshooter his whole career. Don't know what you are watching. He is not a low post type of player.

Paul Pierce primarily shoots jumpers with a bunch of pump fakes.

Again, the Celtics score 2 more points in the paint than the Lakers.
Again, just like any other stats this one is useless when you look at over all average. There are so many bad teams in the league that most stats don't accurately reflect how good or bad a team is. There are basically 12-13 teams that play to win. Others are just sleep walking.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #478
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

carmello to the knicks.... carmello to the knicks.... carmello to the knicks

Damn it didn't work. Maybe if we keep saying it over and over it will happen...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #479
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

GO PACKERS!! Oh shit, wrong thread!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #480
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Lol.. now it's all about Melo to the Lakers.... You Laker's fans ready to give up Bynum for Melo? Cowherd made a good point today. The league is not a big man league anymore. Celtics will only be the team they are for max another 2 years... most likely after this season is over so is that team. So the lakers stacking themselves with talent is a great way to combat the Heat. The Heat, whether you want to agree or not, are the future of the league.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #481
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Lol.. now it's all about Melo to the Lakers.... You Laker's fans ready to give up Bynum for Melo? Cowherd made a good point today. The league is not a big man league anymore. Celtics will only be the team they are for max another 2 years... most likely after this season is over so is that team. So the lakers stacking themselves with talent is a great way to combat the Heat. The Heat, whether you want to agree or not, are the future of the league.
Kobe: Ship his ass (Bynum) out!

Do this Mitch! Bynum is overrated.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #482
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Bynum ($13,700,000) and Artest ($6,322,320) for Carmelo ($17,149,243) and another player like Chris Anderson ($4,533,300) to make the numbers work. Guessing they wouldn't need Anderson since they would have Bynum who plays center too.
I was close but they don't want Artest because of his long contract. Let's see if it really happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #483
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
This is probably just a negotiation ploy to get other teams to offer more for Melo. The Lakers are ALWAYS thrown into the mix year after year.

Other teams just using the Lakers are leverage, nothing to see here.

Heat the future of the league? That's just crazy talk. Let them accomplish something first before branding them the future.

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #484
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
And about Cowherd's point. You still need bigs.

That is why Boston loaded up on bigs in the off-season. Look at the previous NBA champions and NBA Finalists.

Appreciate 0