BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ///M View Post
@chili:

Congratulations, excellent build-that's a keeper. for staying 6MT too.
Curious if you debated Santorini vs. LSB? They're so close, but at the same time, uniquely different.

I'm pretty much set on an Indi color and interior, pulling ahead to a '13 also...production number recently attained!

P.S.-Have you considered getting the BMW performance steering wheel? The blue stripe will almost tie-in and bring a hint of the Santorini color into the interior as well.
The best thing about LSB is how it changes colors. It looks almost identical to Santorini under florescent lighting (light blueish-purple), but takes on a teal hue under most other light. Santorini is gorgeous but stays mostly the same.

What color are you considering? Are you thinking about getting LSB? That would be funny if we ended up with two in OC...
      03-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Yeah I just wasn't too excited about any of the other standard colors other than Melbourne and my brother has that color, so that is out. Individual seemed the way to go!

Funny you mention LSB vs. Santorini. I've seen LSB in person, but only on an E46 and I've never seen Santorini in person.....definitely going out on a limb here. From what I can tell, Santorini may not have that greenish hue in certain light like LSB, which I'm not a fan of. I was looking for a blue that was like Porsche's Mexico Blue or Maritime Blue.

That performance wheel is pretty awesome and is a great idea. It would be great for track use, provided I wore gloves. My only concern would be how the alcantera gets matted from daily use. Any experience with this?
^Wait, what were you saying? I lost you at Mexico Blue. (Snapping myself out of a 997.2 Mexico Blue GT3RS daydream...)

The performance steering wheel mated with a nice set of gloves creates a surreal velcro-like connection, all the while allowing you to relax the tightness of your normal grip-a benefit on the track or long drives. Your concern regarding matting is valid. A clinical washing of hands to remove all dirt & oils before driving helps, as does a light grip. On my first wheel I think I "over-cleaned" it, because each time I used the "nubuck eraser" & brush, bits of alcantara material would crumble off of the wheel. That being said, I wouldn't worry about matting unless you plan on putting a lot of miles on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
What color are you considering? Are you thinking about getting LSB? That would be funny if we ended up with two in OC...
I agree, but I think there are like 3 or 4 LSB's in So Cal already? I wish I had the cajones to get LSB or Santorini they are both intriguing and fitting colors for the M3.

For now it looks like Moonstone Metallic with extended black leather & silk grey contrast stitching. Trying for an alcantara headliner & checking to see if they will do the interior in Cohiba Brown.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
The best thing about LSB is how it changes colors. It looks almost identical to Santorini under florescent lighting (light blueish-purple), but takes on a teal hue under most other light. Santorini is gorgeous but stays mostly the same.

Santorini is a done deal. Just waiting for production to start.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Quote:
^Wait, what were you saying? I lost you at Mexico Blue. (Snapping myself out of a 997.2 Mexico Blue GT3RS daydream...)

The performance steering wheel mated with a nice set of gloves creates a surreal velcro-like connection, all the while allowing you to relax the tightness of your normal grip-a benefit on the track or long drives. Your concern regarding matting is valid. A clinical washing of hands to remove all dirt & oils before driving helps, as does a light grip. On my first wheel I think I "over-cleaned" it, because each time I used the "nubuck eraser" & brush, bits of alcantara material would crumble off of the wheel. That being said, I wouldn't worry about matting unless you plan on putting a lot of miles on the car.
That Porsche is my inspiration, only with gunmetal wheels. I've got gloss black now and am looking for a change.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #27
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:

I agree, but I think there are like 3 or 4 LSB's in So Cal already? I wish I had the cajones to get LSB or Santorini they are both intriguing and fitting colors for the M3.

For now it looks like Moonstone Metallic with extended black leather & silk grey contrast stitching. Trying for an alcantara headliner & checking to see if they will do the interior in Cohiba Brown.
Thanks for the Mexico Blue pic! I've seen that around on some 997s and thought it was LSB at first; they're really close.

As far as I know, there are two LSB E92s in SoCal - robs2k (assuming he keeps his car) and lagunae92 (who lives in Long Beach). I actually have to give a props to rob, because seeing his car at Bimmerfest last year totally sold me on keeping LSB on the E92. (I had been considering Atlantis at the time.)

To the best of my knowledge I will be the first LSB E92 M3 in Orange County. Though I believe I'm the first, the official production figures are not public, so you never know for sure. MY E92 also has piano black trim, black extended leather and a moonroof - and I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone else with that precise combo (yet).

My buddy (emKel on the forums) has a Phoenix Yellow on Fox Red Extended in production with me. We're pretty sure it might be the only one in the entire country with those specs that was built by BMW Individual (we found a few others but they were custom painted).

Either way, Individuality is all about how you feel about the car. Other people will always have faster cars, more expensive cars, more luxurious cars, or whatever. At the end of the day is not about unique versus specifications; it's about feeling and identity.

The single best most uniquely amazing car I could ever buy? I have it in production
      05-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #28
cwg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP. AZB on black

Anyone have an update and detail on the pull ahead program?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #29
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Still going on. It's really a case by case basis.
Appreciate 0