BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
lmendz71
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Interlagos Blue

HELP

Any helpful thoughts? Seller is firm 37K for this car. Its 7H from my place.How does pre sale inspection works? I would like to have one done in this car. I will have the PPI done first before I fly over there or do i tell the seller just to bring his car there and dealer will email or call me with report. Thanks for the input.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=9&Log=0
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmendz71
Any helpful thoughts? Seller is firm 37K for this car. Its 7H from my place.How does pre sale inspection works? I would like to have one done in this car. I will have the PPI done first before I fly over there or do i tell the seller just to bring his car there and dealer will email or call me with report. Thanks for the input.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=9&Log=0
Fly for a ppi? Maybe look up reputable shops in that area and schedule a check to be done that day. And buy if it flies, or just fly back if it fails.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ This. Buy a refundable ticket for at least your return trip, or for the whole trip if separate one-way tickets are more than a round trip itinerary (they usually are). Or you could just ask the seller to send you the work report from a PPI performed by a reputable shop there before you even book your flight. True there's a little more risk of fraud that way, but if you feel ok about the seller upon arrival it's probably fine to have done that -- and if you don't feel ok about the seller, then you probably shouldn't buy from that person even if you get the PPI done on your own.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0