BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
ring007
Major
Rep
Drives: GT3RS & Speciale No BMWs now

Looking for a left over base MDCT coupe

Prefer white, but will consider all colors. Must have carbon roof and cloth interior.
ideal option list would be;
MDCT
EDC
iPod
+/- 19" wheels

Cheaper is better and I will consider all '08-10 left overs.
If I order a '11 with ZCP+MDCT+iPod from my trusted local dealer, looks to be a $66k MSRP minus $2-3k negotiation minus $1k BMWCCA rebate or $62-63k new so left overs would have to be meaningfully cheaper than that to make sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring007 View Post
Prefer white, but will consider all colors. Must have carbon roof and cloth interior.
ideal option list would be;
MDCT
EDC
iPod
+/- 19" wheels

Cheaper is better and I will consider all '08-10 left overs.
If I order a '11 with ZCP+MDCT+iPod from my trusted local dealer, looks to be a $66k MSRP minus $2-3k negotiation minus $1k BMWCCA rebate or $62-63k new so left overs would have to be meaningfully cheaper than that to make sense.
FYI the BMWCCA rebate for the m3 is $500.

Allowance:
Passenger Cars
$ 500 1 Series - all models
$ 500 Z4 - all models including the Z4 M
$ 500 3 Series - all models including M3
$ 1,000 5 Series - all models including M5
$ 1,000 6 Series - all models including M6
$ 1,500 7 Series - all models including Alpina

Sports Activity Vehicles (SAV’s)
$ 500 X3 - all models
$ 1,000 X5 - all models
$ 1,000 X6 - all models

Certified Pre-Owned Automobiles
$ 250 Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
$ 500 Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles (M Models only)
      03-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
ring007
Major
Rep

Yes, you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

Allowance:
Passenger Cars

$ 500 X3 - all models
$ 1,000 X5 - all models
$ 1,000 X6 - all models

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
CORTDD
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Good luck finding that. Cloth interior on an M3, but with DCT (and EDC) is going to be a pretty damn rare vehicle. You are looking for a needle in a haystack. In my neck of the woods, the only way a dealer would have a cloth interior car is if a customer ordered it and then didn't close the deal. Dealers here tend to load up any cars they order for the showroom, especially with premium package.

Last edited by CORTDD; 03-03-2010 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
ring007
Major
Rep

I agree with you, it is a long, long, long shot as most if not all dealers load the cars with options (ex. my '08 E93 with its $81k MSRP). But you never know if you don't ask, right?

I orderd a '11 X5M last week and I'm thinking about selling my '08 E93 or transfering the lease as I bought it when BMWFS was offering the 0% leases, so at $950/month so it is much cheaper than the current leases BMW is offering on the car. I'm also thinking about selling my current '02 M3 track car and building a new track car out of a '11 ZCP if I cannot find a left over model. Just wanted to see if I could save $10-15k off a left over or low mileage used since it will be a track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORTDD View Post
Good luck finding that. Cloth interior on an M3, but with DCT (and EDC) is going to be a pretty damn rare vehicle. You are looking for a needle in a haystack. In my neck of the woods, the only way a dealer would have a cloth interior car is if a customer ordered it and then didn't close the deal. Dealers here tend to load up any cars they order for the showroom, especially with premium package.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
gongju
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3

Where did you find this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

Allowance:
Passenger Cars

$ 500 X3 - all models
$ 1,000 X5 - all models
$ 1,000 X6 - all models

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
gongju
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3

Nevermind I figured it out. I am not a member unfortunately :-/
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORTDD View Post
Rare indeed, but I had to chime in and say I got one.

...of course it was special ordered and it's not for sale.

White E92 w/ CF roof
DCT
19" wheels
Speed Cloth
CF trim

2009 BMW M3 ESS Supercharged / Nitrous - 10.87 @ 131 MPH / 60 - 130 MPH in 6.23 secs
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
ring007
Major
Rep

Excellent
Got any pics you can post?

My local dealer said he found a '10 in Le Mans blue equipped as desired except doesn't have EDC.

This used on on ebay if pretty close in interlagos blue but $5-6k too high for me;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
Rare indeed, but I had to chime in and say I got one.

...of course it was special ordered and it's not for sale.

White E92 w/ CF roof
DCT
19" wheels
Speed Cloth
CF trim
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Short drive for you....Both 10's, non-navi, 19's, but have leather/6sp...white one shows 4K off MSRP for $60K...sure it can be had for cheaper.

http://www.baronbmw.com/inventory.ph...Series%20Coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
ring007
Major
Rep

Thank you for those, I appreciate it....but MDCT/EDC/cloth with carbon roof is a must (hence the issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdude24 View Post
Short drive for you....Both 10's, non-navi, 19's, but have leather/6sp...white one shows 4K off MSRP for $60K...sure it can be had for cheaper.

http://www.baronbmw.com/inventory.ph...Series%20Coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Excellent
Got any pics you can post?

My local dealer said he found a '10 in Le Mans blue equipped as desired except doesn't have EDC.

This used on on ebay if pretty close in interlagos blue but $5-6k too high for me;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Mine is an '09. I attached some pictures below. I would not recommend EDC. You run into problems later if you want to lower the car or install coilovers. Put that $1000 toward an exhaust. Also the BMW driving instructors will always tell you the car is the fastest around the track in normal mode which is the way the car is setup without EDC. So.. If you like the Le Mans blue (which is my second favorite color) go check it out.

2009 BMW M3 ESS Supercharged / Nitrous - 10.87 @ 131 MPH / 60 - 130 MPH in 6.23 secs
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
ring007
Major
Rep

Looks perfect. Thanks for the heads up on EDC. Didn't know that.

Quote:
Mine is an '09. I attached some pictures below. I would not recommend EDC. You run into problems later if you want to lower the car or install coilovers. Put that $1000 toward an exhaust. Also the BMW driving instructors will always tell you the car is the fastest around the track in normal mode which is the way the car is setup without EDC. So.. If you like the Le Mans blue (which is my second favorite color) go check it out.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #14
Jeff_DML
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT

Quote:
normal EDC has active dampening so not sure how it can be the same as non-edc. With that said, I like EDC so far but I am leasing, I prefer not get it if I was buying it for long term maintenance reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
CliffJumper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
I strongly disagree with this. I was on the fence about EDC when ordering, but I decided to go with it. I'm now convinced it's one of the best options on the car. I usually drive around town in "comfort" mode, and my M3 w/ 19" wheels is far more comfortable than my gf's 335 w/ sport pack. When I'm doing some fun canyon drives or cruising down the freeway at higher-than-typical speeds, I switch into Normal and get better road feel & handling.

I've been the to BMW racing school and the instructors DO tell you to put it in Normal, but that's because "Normal" in an EDC-equipped car is a continuously adaptive/active suspension that constantly adjusts itself based on several factors. If the front tire hits a bump, the rear shock prepares itself for the same bump before the rear tire hits it.

Only SPORT mode in EDC is like the stock suspension with a lowering kit or stiffer springs (i.e. it is simply stiff with no real-time adjustments). Other than "feeling" more boy-racerish, it's actually slower, and the BMW racing instructors will tell you that too.

Sorry for the slightly OT rant, but don't want misinformation to be spread.

Good luck w/ your search! BTW, if you use one of the salespeople who is a board sponsor on Bimmerfest, you can get a better deal on a new M3 than what your describing above.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
ring007
Major
Rep

Thanks for the note, I appreciate it. Probably out of luck on finding a '10.

I know I can get a better deal if I work them hard, but I have a great working relationship with my local dealer on both the sales and service side of the equation. To me that is more valuable then an extra $1,000 on a purchase. I don't mind if they make a fair profit on me.

I get great service from my local dealer and want them to keep me at the top of their most valued customer list to get me the car I want when I want it and to take care of any issues that arise when I need service (like the time they delivered a new E46 M3 to me and it had Continental tires on it instead of Michelins which I prefer, they swapped them for me for free no questions asked the same day, or the time I asked them to put after market ceramic pads on one of my X5s and the vendor sent the wrong size; they disassembled and re assembled the rear brakes for me for free and didnt charge me a cent even though it wasn't their fault), etc. They will come to my house and pickup my car for service, they will return it to my house if I'm out of town or just cannot make it to their store when they're done, they let me take their new cars for the weekend if I need a longer test drive (had their X5M demo last weekend to decide which seats to order for my '11 X5M), they give me their first allocations for new models and will order cars for me without deposits or even a signed purchase agreement, etc. If I didn't have a good relationship with them and viewed it as just another transaction then I would shop every deal to the last penny, but in this case they make my life easy and appreciate my business and I see more value in the service.
Just my $.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffJumper View Post
Good luck w/ your search! BTW, if you use one of the salespeople who is a board sponsor on Bimmerfest, you can get a better deal on a new M3 than what your describing above.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #17
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffJumper View Post
I strongly disagree with this. I was on the fence about EDC when ordering, but I decided to go with it. I'm now convinced it's one of the best options on the car. I usually drive around town in "comfort" mode, and my M3 w/ 19" wheels is far more comfortable than my gf's 335 w/ sport pack. When I'm doing some fun canyon drives or cruising down the freeway at higher-than-typical speeds, I switch into Normal and get better road feel & handling.

I've been the to BMW racing school and the instructors DO tell you to put it in Normal, but that's because "Normal" in an EDC-equipped car is a continuously adaptive/active suspension that constantly adjusts itself based on several factors. If the front tire hits a bump, the rear shock prepares itself for the same bump before the rear tire hits it.

Only SPORT mode in EDC is like the stock suspension with a lowering kit or stiffer springs (i.e. it is simply stiff with no real-time adjustments). Other than "feeling" more boy-racerish, it's actually slower, and the BMW racing instructors will tell you that too.

Sorry for the slightly OT rant, but don't want misinformation to be spread.

Your right the EDC Normal is different from a non-EDC M3. I drove both and could not tell a difference, but the roads here in Georgia are pretty good. Like I said though if you plan to run lower springs or coilover later your wasting your money.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
CliffJumper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the note, I appreciate it. Probably out of luck on finding a '10.

I know I can get a better deal if I work them hard, but I have a great working relationship with my local dealer on both the sales and service side of the equation. To me that is more valuable then an extra $1,000 on a purchase. I don't mind if they make a fair profit on me.

I get great service from my local dealer and want them to keep me at the top of their most valued customer list to get me the car I want when I want it and to take care of any issues that arise when I need service (like the time they delivered a new E46 M3 to me and it had Continental tires on it instead of Michelins which I prefer, they swapped them for me for free no questions asked the same day, or the time I asked them to put after market ceramic pads on one of my X5s and the vendor sent the wrong size; they disassembled and re assembled the rear brakes for me for free and didnt charge me a cent even though it wasn't their fault), etc. They will come to my house and pickup my car for service, they will return it to my house if I'm out of town or just cannot make it to their store when they're done, they let me take their new cars for the weekend if I need a longer test drive (had their X5M demo last weekend to decide which seats to order for my '11 X5M), they give me their first allocations for new models and will order cars for me without deposits or even a signed purchase agreement, etc. If I didn't have a good relationship with them and viewed it as just another transaction then I would shop every deal to the last penny, but in this case they make my life easy and appreciate my business and I see more value in the service.
Just my $.02
Wow, sounds like a good relationship indeed! That's definitely worth some $$ to get service like that.
Appreciate 0