BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

11-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Shaan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 / '14 Tundra

Good Body shop in Houston

got a fresh new dent in my bumper over the weekend (long story) need a reputable shop to get it fixed. any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan View Post
got a fresh new dent in my bumper over the weekend (long story) need a reputable shop to get it fixed. any recommendations?
Metropolitan Collision......ask for Matt......tell him the ///M Club sent you.............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

Metro collision is a very good shop. I have the unfortunate honor of having had them work on my car a number of times in the last couple of months =/
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
KHATTI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1991 E30 M3

Garage List
1991 BMW M3  [7.50]
Royalty Paint and Body is pretty good as well. Ask for Mike.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

As an FYI, I was unhappy with the service and work from metro collision on my old e46.

I would not go back there again personally.
      11-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
orion565
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

can you explain. I know there is no "perfect" body shop out there including dealerships, but I would like to know what wasn't happy for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
As an FYI, I was unhappy with the service and work from metro collision on my old e46.

I would not go back there again personally.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Shaan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 / '14 Tundra

Thanks for the replies ill check them out asap
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion565 View Post
can you explain. I know there is no "perfect" body shop out there including dealerships, but I would like to know what wasn't happy for you?
Sure. I dont want to burn anybody, I am just telling you my experiences.

I had an e46 m3 before this car, and the car had a sagging front bumper which results from broken bumper clips. The clips are integrated into the bumper so the entire bumper needs to be replaced.

I contacted Metro collision and they set me up with a good price. I specifically mentioned the fitment issues (gap between bumper and hood/other panels) and was assured that the fitment would be spot on. I dropped the car off and they drove me back to work, so far so good.

They come to drop the car back off to me at my office downtown, and to my surprise, the fitment is actually worse than it was before. The gap is approximately a quarter inch all the way around.

I mention this immediately to my rep (forgot his name) and he tells me word for word "well, thats just how it fits and how its going to be, there's nothing we can do about it".

I am incredulous at this point because I know personally about 5 m3 owners all of who have bumpers that have little to no gap at all, and many are on much older cars.

Despite this, I am told too bad, thats the way it is.

At this point, I cut my losses and will not do business with them again.

I did later meet a young guy who worked there at an m3club track day at MSR Houston and mentioned the issue to him (after he told me he worked for Metro Collision and asked about my experience with their shop). He looked at the car, agreed (was able to compare with other m3's at the meet) and took pictures of the car and said he would get back to me asap.

I never heard back. After that all of this, I will be using a different shop to do body work (if necessary) on my car.
      11-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
orion565
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

That sounds horrible, I know when I looked at getting my bumper replaced and got a quote from them, they automatically quoted an aftermarket bumper.

Do you know if it was OEM or aftermarket, I know from experience aftermarket bumpers for replace parts are generally horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Sure. I dont want to burn anybody, I am just telling you my experiences.

I had an e46 m3 before this car, and the car had a sagging front bumper which results from broken bumper clips. The clips are integrated into the bumper so the entire bumper needs to be replaced.

I contacted Metro collision and they set me up with a good price. I specifically mentioned the fitment issues (gap between bumper and hood/other panels) and was assured that the fitment would be spot on. I dropped the car off and they drove me back to work, so far so good.

They come to drop the car back off to me at my office downtown, and to my surprise, the fitment is actually worse than it was before. The gap is approximately a quarter inch all the way around.

I mention this immediately to my rep (forgot his name) and he tells me word for word "well, thats just how it fits and how its going to be, there's nothing we can do about it".

I am incredulous at this point because I know personally about 5 m3 owners all of who have bumpers that have little to no gap at all, and many are on much older cars.

Despite this, I am told too bad, thats the way it is.

At this point, I cut my losses and will not do business with them again.

I did later meet a young guy who worked there at an m3club track day at MSR Houston and mentioned the issue to him (after he told me he worked for Metro Collision and asked about my experience with their shop). He looked at the car, agreed (was able to compare with other m3's at the meet) and took pictures of the car and said he would get back to me asap.

I never heard back. After that all of this, I will be using a different shop to do body work (if necessary) on my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion565 View Post
That sounds horrible, I know when I looked at getting my bumper replaced and got a quote from them, they automatically quoted an aftermarket bumper.

Do you know if it was OEM or aftermarket, I know from experience aftermarket bumpers for replace parts are generally horrible.
I assume they did because I was very specific in mentioning that I was interested only in an OEM bumper, and not an aftermarket bumper.

I trust that they did actually use an OEM bumper like they agreed to.....