BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

10-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

M3 Ring Taxi Crash

In an unfortunate series of events, the official BMW M3 Ring Taxi and 7 other vehicles collided on the Nordschleife of the Nürburgring at 2pm local time yesterday.

The accident occurred in the “Bergwerk” section. According to the Polizei RheinlandPfalz, the accident was initially caused by a car speeding through an established work zone crashing. One car crashed into the rear of another sending it 50 meters down the track where it collided with two more cars. Some cars were able to stop and avoid the initial crash but from testimony at the scene the ‘Ring taxi did not appear to see the accident and slowed too late, and crashed into two cars that were slowing and a third that was stopped before it came to a rest at the guard rail.

One driver was seriously injured and taken to the hospital, two others were hospitalized briefly and released at the time of the police report. Total material damages were expected to be in excess of 100,000 euro.

Original
      10-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

wow, i left the ring at about the same time as the track was closed down. i guess it was due to this incident. i have never seen it as crowded as that day before. way too many hotheads which was why i wanted to leave early.