BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

09-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
cpars006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E93

Complete Post Wash Packages

Hi all,
I have no trouble washing my car, and love all the products I use. However I feel like soon enough it will be time to polish and wax my car and being that I've never done it before, I'd like to hear some opinions on what the best polish for removing mild to severe swirls is, and what kind of wax is best to get me back to OEM shine. I've spent countless hours on detailing websites but all that time is wasted because I don't know necessarily what the best products are. So basically summed up, I'm looking for 3 or 4 of the best post wash products, not including a clay bar!
Thanks
Cam
      09-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

jerez black = STUNNING when its detailed properly!!!! I maintain one weekly for a client; its one of my favorite colors!!!

anyway,
pcxp or griots garage DA machine
meguiars 105/surbuf
menzerna power finish/white
menzerna 85rd/black
menzerna powerlock
That combo will give you near perfection!

pick up some sonax wheel cleaner for the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Ridonculous
1 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

+1 to Eric's recommendations.

But with a black car, I would go with Blackfire Wet Diamond instead of the Menzerna Power Lock. IMO Blackfire Wet Diamond gives black cars that extra killer look.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

I also own a Jerez black M3.

Swissvax products are for sure going to give you the absolute best shine and protection that you can get from any sort of wax. However, the process is a bit different than most waxes, and requires a Cleaner Fluid application prior to the wax.

They sure are expensive, but as a college student, would I spend my hard-earned money on the products If they weren't worth it? I think not...

My favorite wax for any BMW is Swissvax Blau Weiss wax, which is specifically made to cater to the paint systems of BMW's, and therefore provides the best shine, protection, and durability possible.

You will also need to pick up a cleaner fluid, depending on how perfect you want the paint. I would recommend Cleaner Fluid Medium I you are appealing by hand, or Cleaner Fluid Professional if you are using a machine.
Appreciate 0