BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

IPOD help!

Recently I upgraded my Apple software for my IPOD to 8.1. Got into my M (w/08 iDrive) and the plugged in the IPOD to the adapter and it worked fine for 20 min drive. Car sat for about 2 hours while I coached and when I got back in I got a "Loading" message and I havent been able to use my IPOD in the car since.

Took it to BMW.. they plugged my IPOD into a 2008 335 and it worked fine. I plugged my brothers and other friends IPODs into my car and they all work fine! The tech even upgraded his IPOD to version 8.1 and his still worked in my car.

I noticed that when I plug my Ipod into the adapter my Ipod says "ok to disconnect" but it remains on pause.

Everyone is dumbfounded! Any of you have this issue?!

Thanks!

Mike

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

The first thing I would try would be to "reset" your iPod through iTunes. It will completely wipe it out, reformat it and re-sync it. That should do it.

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Update:

So I did try resetting/restoring my 2nd generation Nano (via iTunes) and it still did not work. I went out and bought a new iPod.. 3rd generation! Used it in the car 4 times..and it worked seamlessly. THEN.. and on my way home again today it is doing the EXACT same thing and will not play and I get the same "loading" message.

Going to BMW for them to play. Very annoyed.

Stay tuned... but it doesn't sound like anyone else has this problem! Ha!

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
mattwhite
Private
Rep
Drives: M4, MP4-12C

Mine does this as well. 50% of the time, when the car is turned on it, the iPod does not load. If I unplug the usb cable from the car and then immediately plug it back in, its starts working again. It worked perfectly when I got the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
Detroitlaw
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5 F90 Snapper Rocks

I have been experiencing these symptoms this week all of a sudden as well. Any solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwhite View Post
Mine does this as well. 50% of the time, when the car is turned on it, the iPod does not load. If I unplug the usb cable from the car and then immediately plug it back in, its starts working again. It worked perfectly when I got the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwhite View Post
Try setting periodic alarm reminders spaced 8-12 hours apart to see if this cures the issue.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Thought that I might contribute here...my car was just diagnosed with a defective USB hub. Although my iPod was connected, the iDrive just said "not connected" next to the little USB symbol on the display. I had the tech take a look while he was updating my maps, and the diagnostic test that he ran proved that it was in fact defective. he said he's seen 6 others like that in the last couple months.

i know that my problem isn't exactly like what you are describing, but i wonder if there is a bigger issue at hand...