BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

no problems with my m3 up until the past 30 or so days...

owned since 9/30/10 with no problems until this past month of june...
  • air conditioner doesnt stay cold when idling - blows warm air (i live in phx. its been 110+ the past week)
  • air conditioner randomly shut off entirely 2 days ago and then kicked back on but not before blowing out hot air
  • stereo randomly doesnt play (been seeing in other threads its a battery issue possibly)
  • when my car is in auto mode (i drive dct) when the car downshifts from 3rd to 2nd it does like a jerking motion with the rear differential
  • noticed there are now droplets under my cars rear axle in the garage
  • the car has 10,000 miles on it - the black paint type material that surrounds our push button start has already begun peeling
  • when in manual mode and downshifting quickly when i get to 2nd gear and down to 1st gear it has begun lagging and doesnt downshift until a second or two later and by then im on the brakes and it about throws me through the windshield
  • when i am in a low gear (2nd) and give the car a bit of gas at times the car backfires...

on a better note... i just picked up a new canon t3i so i can take a few better pics of my car... not quite the professional model canon's my parents shoot with but works for me and also just picked up a custom fitted sunshade from bav auto and today being the first day of use was bearable sitting in my car at lunch as opposed to sitting in a sauna.

hopefully these fixes are easier to take care of than I am dreading. high five for warranty coverage.

Anyone have any of these issues in the past or present?
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*

Last edited by dibxna; 07-07-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Yikes! I wouldn't be surprised if much of that is related to the heat. I went to High School in Phoenix and couldnt stand the heat anymore. That is why I moved to Denver. Its been 80 here the past couple weeks :-)
      07-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
I live in San Antonio and the extreme heat does overwork the A/C though I've never had it compeltely shut off. If it sits and idles for a while the A/C does blow warm air. A quick rev up to 2500 for a few seconds usually gets the compressor to cool it down again but it doesn't last long.

The button wear is easily a warranty issue. Just have them replace it when you change your oil.

The A/C kick off and stereo could very well be a battery issue.

The rough shifting and axle leak could be something screwy with the differential. That you probably want to get looked at. If the differential begins to have issues, your first indication of the issue would likely be the more torquey shifts in 1st and 2nd gear.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Yikes! I wouldn't be surprised if much of that is related to the heat. I went to High School in Phoenix and couldnt stand the heat anymore. That is why I moved to Denver. Its been 80 here the past couple weeks :-)
funny you should say that... i grew up in fort collins and couldnt stand the snow inhibiting my driving anymore so i moved to phoenix
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobe View Post
I live in San Antonio and the extreme heat does overwork the A/C though I've never had it compeltely shut off. If it sits and idles for a while the A/C does blow warm air. A quick rev up to 2500 for a few seconds usually gets the compressor to cool it down again but it doesn't last long.

The button wear is easily a warranty issue. Just have them replace it when you change your oil.

The A/C kick off and stereo could very well be a battery issue.

The rough shifting and axle leak could be something screwy with the differential. That you probably want to get looked at. If the differential begins to have issues, your first indication of the issue would likely be the more torquey shifts in 1st and 2nd gear.
the car (at this point) has had no issues with acceleration - only on down shifts. although when it is in the lower 1 and 2 gears at times if i give the car a quick little bit of gas (say going over a speed bump) it will backfire or make a kind of pop noise that is maybe not as loud as a backfire... the other day i started the car and it was idling rough for the first minute (i could feel vibes under my seat that are normally not present) and when i tapped the gas it made the same popping noise and then idled normal again. that time there was no accelerating - i was in neutral. a little weird but hopefully all covered under warranty!
Appreciate 0