03-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Mollox
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Pilot Super Sports

Anyone fitted these?

Need a couple of rears but, as I understand it, they don't have the bloody BMW Star on them. Just about to renew warranty, is this actually going to be an issue? (Seems mad if so).

Guessing these are the bad boys: 265/35ZR19 98Y MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT EXTRA LOAD

These are 351 each fitted from Event Tyres - any better recommendations/discounts?

Cheers

M
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
Anyone fitted these?

Need a couple of rears but, as I understand it, they don't have the bloody BMW Star on them. Just about to renew warranty, is this actually going to be an issue? (Seems mad if so).

Guessing these are the bad boys: 265/35ZR19 98Y MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT EXTRA LOAD

These are 351 each fitted from Event Tyres - any better recommendations/discounts?

Cheers M
Michelin developed these tyres with BMW, Ferrari, Porsche and principally on the E92 M3.
I'm very surprised you've found a set of the rear tyres as Michelin have only made 1 batch so far. The next batch is due shortly and will be available from April. They should carry the * symbol, I'd be very suprised if they did not.

Check with BMW if they do not have the star.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
Mollox
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Hmm, interesting...

I *think* I've found a set of 265/35 ZR19 98Y Extra Load Super Sports. Well, I say that, I've ordered them for fitting on Saturday via Event Tyres - they're yet to confirm, but are you saying these aren't the tyres?

I checked with BMW and Michelin about fitting non-starred tyres and they acknowledged that the approval was under review and seemed ok with me fitting them (seems strange, as as you say, they were developed with the M in mind).

Hmm....?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

No, I'd be very surprised if the PSS did not have the star on as they were developed for the M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
bej
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Conv DCT

Hi Mollox - did you get these fitted yesterday - I am looking for some higher profile rubber for my 20" set - have found super sports in 285 30 20 for around the same price....£327 inc delivery...
M3 Convertible 2008, Jerez Black with individual orange peel effect (factory standard), Fox Red, DCT, EDC, High gloss, carbon leather, comfort access, Logic 7, adaptive headlights, Tubi Rumore, 20" BBS CX-R, 19" OEM and 18" OEM with Winter Tyres....investments in BP/Shell
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 03:07 AM   #6
Mollox
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

Yes I did - they were Super Sports but without the BMW Star. Haven't really done any meaningful driving on them yet so can't comment on any improvements over the PS2s but its certainly nice to have fresh rubber on the back wheels!
Appreciate 0