BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
M-power CZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Hi guys, could you tell me your experiences with OEM Performance seat? How comfortable they are? Do you sit lower than in standard seat?
Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
They do sit a bit lower and they are very comfortable. Provided you find comfort in supportive seats like recaros that is.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 04:14 AM   #3
M-power CZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for reaction. I checked the BMW website, but it's not possible to buy them....
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #4
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

About 5 cm lower per this thread http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=339713&page=2

If they're still available, IND can track them down I'm sure http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...-edition-seats

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-power CZ View Post
Thanks for reaction. I checked the BMW website, but it's not possible to buy them....
They are no longer available from BMW. I imagine it will be hard to source a new set, but there should be some used ones floating around.

Note that the BMW Performance seats for this car are just re-upholstered Recaro Sportsters, so that's an option for you if you can't find a set of the BMW Performance ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #6
M-power CZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
About 5 cm lower per this thread http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=339713&page=2

If they're still available, IND can track them down I'm sure http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...-edition-seats
I know that IND can track them, but the price is very high and the shipping to the Czech Republic will cost something
IND is the last choice.
I found them in the EU, brand new, 1 200$ cheaper, but they're with the heating and I don't have a heating in my M3......Is it problem or not? Do you know?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 01:59 AM   #7
M-power CZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
They are no longer available from BMW. I imagine it will be hard to source a new set, but there should be some used ones floating around.

Note that the BMW Performance seats for this car are just re-upholstered Recaro Sportsters, so that's an option for you if you can't find a set of the BMW Performance ones.
I don't understand why they're no longer available....the others Performance parts for e9x are still available....
I know that they're re-upholstered Recaro Sportsters, but I'd like to buy the OEM part and I love the Alcantara upholstery....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 05:08 AM   #8
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post

Are there any airbags in the E92 M3 seat? I know that is a problem sometimes when people want to switch to recaros that did not come from the manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #9
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't understand why they're no longer available....the others Performance parts for e9x are still available....
I know that they're re-upholstered Recaro Sportsters, but I'd like to buy the OEM part and I love the Alcantara upholstery....
Not sure why they stopped making them. It's a good question. Maybe demand was low? They were fairly pricey. The alcantara is actually a deal-breaker for me. Looks great, but a total PITA to maintain. I like alcantara on non-contact surfaces (door cards, dash, headliner) but not on wear areas (steering wheel, seats). But to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Everything View Post
Are there any airbags in the E92 M3 seat? I know that is a problem sometimes when people want to switch to recaros that did not come from the manufacturer.
Yup. The OEM seats have airbags in the sides. I believe the Recaros can be sourced w/ airbags, but I am not 100% sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #10
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Try Leebmann24 or Salesafter. They also pop up from time to time on eBay Kleinanzeigen.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #11
M-power CZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
Quote:
Try Leebmann24 or Salesafter. They also pop up from time to time on eBay Kleinanzeigen.
Thanks, may be they have it
Appreciate 0