BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

12-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

WHY DONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE YIELD SIGN?!?!

I woke up this morning and washed my car with every intintion of having a great day. I left my car in the garage for most of the day so that I could wait until I felt that the lighting was optimal, Once I felt like it looked about right outside for what I wanted to do I decided I would grab a smoothie and then head off and shoot some pics... Well when I finished my smoothie I got in my car and made it about a mile and a half down the road when out of no where this stupid f_#king B!*ch comes flying onto the street paying no attention to the yield sign at all! As she was coming towards my car in a way that would have resuted in my poor E-90 being T-Boned, I started to change to the left lane. I was about halfway into the left lane when she came off of her street onto mine. When I realized that she was about to smack the hell out of my baby I threw the wheel to the left and went into oncoming traffic to get away from her. Even with me swerving away she came within about 3 inches of slamming into my passenger door. She never even hit the brakes or anything she just kept speeding along as I pulled back onto the right side of the street. I litterally came within inches of having a destroyed car today, my adrenaline was pumping so hard and I managed to react just in the nick of time. I am so glad there was no one in the oncoming lane or else I would have been forced to take the hit and I probably would have been pushed into the oncoming lane at the speed and direction that she was coming at me. This brings me back to the title of my thread, why do people not understand the yield sign? Its not like it is the hardest thing to understand IF SOMEONE IS THERE DONT FUCKING GO!!!! What is hard to understand about that!!!!! I never did get a good look at the woman that was driving or what might have been distracting her from the road but I really wish it took a lot more to get a driver's license in this country and driving without a license or insurance should be a federal offense!

If you havent noticed I am pretty shaken up over this whole deal...
      12-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Whoa! You're really luck no one was in that othere lane. I swear my E90 has some kind of magnetic force that pulls all the bad drivers toward me!

Pretty much the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I was driving down a one way, and this lady was sitting at stop sign on one of the side streets, looking DOWN the street, instead of up, where the flow of traffic would be coming from, and came within inches of hitting my car. If I would have been at that same spot a milisecond earlier, I would have been wiped out! :mad:
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The best way to survive an accident is not to get into one in the first place!!!! Glad you and the baby are still OK.
I too seem to have an A-hole magnet, but I've decided its inside me, not on the vehicles, unfortunately. I was driving the receptionist's Suburban on the McD's run this a.m. (can't carry orders for 5 on a two-wheeler) and other cars were just "drawn" into my lane, just like when I'm in any other car.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Yep, H-town drivers can use some driving lessons. I tried to stay off the street during this time, too many people in the rush to buy gifts in time for xmas...In situation like that, it is best to remain calm and try not to get mad and chase down the b**ch. Just be glad you escape the crash...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

it's a weird concept really. If you read the laws in CA, it says that the person on the on ramp should yield to the person already on the freeway. The next line says that the person on the freeway should yield to the person on the on ramp. However, people should know that when there's a car getting on the freeway, you should either speed up to pass him BEFORE he gets on or slow down and let him in. In your case I think she tried to speed up but not in time to pass you...
Appreciate 0