BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
CORSA9
Uber
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

add on parts vs. full replacement parts

What is everyone take on adding parts such as a front lip vs. replacing the front bumper with an aero part? Or adding a trunk spoiler piece vs. replacing the trunk lid with something like the CSL trunk lid?

I would like to get everyone's option because I can't decide myself. There are so many pros and cons for each and I just don't know which path to go down.

One of my biggest concern is if it is an add on part, someone might steal it (cause the only thing holding it to the car is the 3M tape). I don't live in a bad neighborhood or anything but it happened to me before and it sucks.

Your option matters!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Just depends on what you like. This is one of those questions that you just need to decide on for yourself. Everyone likes something different.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
CORSA9
Uber
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH
Just depends on what you like. This is one of those questions that you just need to decide on for yourself. Everyone likes something different.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking for people's personal experience if they wished they went the full replacement instead of just an add on cause of theft or the add on was cheaper or vice versa. Stuff like that. Just want fellow enthusiast's option.

What do you prefer The Tech?
Appreciate 0