BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
SM#80
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 E92

Upgrading stock (non-premium) stereo questions

I will preface this post with that fact that, while I do enjoy the sounds of a good stereo, I am not well versed in the details or technical language of high end audio systems.

So,

I am looking at purchasing an '09 E92. It is a very low optioned car (which is fine), but it does not have the one option I would like, which is the premium sound package. My question to those in the know is, what would it take to upgrade the standard stereo package in the M3 to something more robust? I am guessing that just replacing the existing speakers wouldn't suffice and I would need to add an amp and possibly a subwoofer. I am not looking for a system that you can hear from blocks away, but one that has crisp highs and a nice low end.

Any help/direction/advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
RichMattB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M3, e70 X5 4.8i

Do you have a budget in mind? There is a lot that can be done to the e9x cars although the 4 inch woofers narrow the field of potential speakers.

I actually was just at the audio shop today getting a package together. JL has a lot of mid-priced equipment that sounds really good and lasts a long, long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Arkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

PM technics, he will steer you to what you need. Tell him about what your budget will be to give him a guide.
Appreciate 0