BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

10-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

jlaw and others, took the car in for my 1200 mi service and alarm coding today. I have an 09 model, so they didn't have the software to code the alarm until last week. Anyway, everything is working properly now and as you'll see below, iDrive has a selection for acoustic signal with lock/unlock. it beeps once when you lock it and twice when you unlock it.

jlaw, i asked the service tech about beeping without the alarm. he said that this is not possible because there is no speaker to make the beep. noodlefoxes mentioned that he does not have an alarm but he still gets the beep. i think he must have an alarm but he doesn't know it. it is very possible that the dealer preinstalled and coded his alarm before delivery. the bottomline is that you can't get the beep without the alarm.

hope that helps...the alarm is a run around, but now that mine is working properly, i am very glad i did it. having that beep is a great reassurance, especially with CA (you still don't have to touch the FOB at all).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
jlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I figured as much. Thanks man, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #25
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Myth BUSTED!
Appreciate 0