BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

04-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G63, GLS63, X7M50 (inbound)

I think I made a mistake!

So I ended up ordering my E93 (which is a 2-3 days away from delivery) with the titanium shadow trim (MW/FR). I am now in this loop thinking I have made a mistake and I should gone with carbon leather trim. I know in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters, but I haven't seen the TS trim in person and I just don't want to be overly underwhelmed! I am looking for experiences/advice/consolation from everyone here on this forum. (except E=mc2)

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
So I ended up ordering my E93 (which is a 2-3 days away from delivery) with the titanium shadow trim (MW/FR). I am now in this loop thinking I have made a mistake and I should gone with carbon leather trim. I know in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters, but I haven't seen the TS trim in person and I just don't want to be overly underwhelmed! I am looking for experiences/advice/consolation from everyone here on this forum. (except E=mc2)

Thanks guys!
Titanium shadow trim is an oldie but a goodie, I guess u can say. My 2003 e46 and 2002 Acura came with the silver type trim. I drove those cars around for 10 years or so and decided that I could not possibly get it again on the M. To me, it was played out and "retro" if you will. Actually I originally had TS trim on my build sheet but quickly called to change it to carbon leather trim right before it went into production. Now sure, everyone on the planet probably has the carbon leather by now but to me, it was something different and unique because the regular 3 series cannot get it.

Since ur car is here, u can always just swap out the trims yourself if u decide u really dont like it. Too late to modify your order now. I say take delivery the way it is, drive it around a few weeks and if u decide u really cannot stand it, then go buy the pieces online and swap it out. Who knows, u may actually just stick to what your gut told u when u placed the order
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Not much you can do about it at this point. I think it is the most flat finish of the trims which I would think would be good for a vert. I don't care for the carbon leather myself. I have anthricite which I like but it can be a bit glossy in the sun.
      04-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

I think its gonna look great, better than the carbon imo.. don't sweat it man
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Easy to change or modify..don't sweat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Easy to change or modify..don't sweat it.
Yes, or he can take it to a paint shop and get it custom painted for something really unique.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. That does make me feel a bit better. I am really hoping it blends well with the interior and looks good with the top down. I'll post tons of pictures after I pick it up...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:

Thanks guys!

Don't feel bad. When you take the car for a drive you forget about everything.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
_Jono_
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT, 2012 GTR, Speed3

Honestly. The carbon fiber looks good up close. But the alu trim looks really sweet. And it makes the inside look really cool. No mistake! good choice
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Yes, or he can take it to a paint shop and get it custom painted for something really unique.
+1 .

Somebody posted the trim in matching alpine white (which is almost like yours), and it looked phenomenal. It was vinyl wrap, rather than paint, but either one is easy and cheap enough to do; definitely much cheaper and unique than buying carbon leather trim pieces. I have carbon leather, and really like it, but wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars to get it. Even if you don't like it, it's a small mistake . Take care.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
i agree. cant go wrong with either. titanium trim looks great, but the cf reminds me of the louis vuitton pattern (damier graphite?), which is also interesting.

and if worst comes to worst and you hate it,

A) go down the check list and make sure that it is exactly spec'ed out the way you wanted it on your contract. if something is missing, they broke the contract and you get your deposit back.

B) ask them to take more money off. cant hurt at this point.

C) walk away.

good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
i agree. cant go wrong with either. titanium trim looks great, but the cf reminds me of the louis vuitton pattern (damier graphite?), which is also interesting.

and if worst comes to worst and you hate it,

A) go down the check list and make sure that it is exactly spec'ed out the way you wanted it on your contract. if something is missing, they broke the contract and you get your deposit back.

B) ask them to take more money off. cant hurt at this point.

C) walk away.

good luck
That's something handy to keep in mind. Thanks! I'm going to be very careful in checking the car upon delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #13
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

There needs to be a delete button
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's something handy to keep in mind. Thanks! I'm going to be very careful in checking the car upon delivery.
people make mistakes. so if something is missing, then great. you have an excuse. it for sure happens. one other tip is that you should prolly put your poker face on. the more calm and rational you stay, the better. if you cant find anything wrong, dont let your face give it away. smile, after all, your getting your m3, right?

there is also an option D. i dont recommend it, because its kind of a douche move and is really shady. im sure that the contract says that the car must not have any damage. makes sense right? they cant sell you a defective car. what you can do is get a small razor, and make a small incision or gash on the leather somewhere in the back. maybe behind the the front seat or maybe on backseat where your knee is. you got to be shady about it and it has to be at least an inch. what will prolly happen is that the dealership prolly wont inspect the car so throughly that they would notice something like that. and since the car is damaged, they must return your deposit. but this option is like your last option. its your absolute ace in the hole, but it is a major douche move. and if you do proceed with this option, maybe not tell your wife until after you are let go of the contract because her face might give it away.

iono, i could never do that. but if someone needed the deposit that badly or your wife would kill you if you bought a car that you're not 100% satisfied with, and the thought of not having cf will eat at you day in and day out, then option D is all you got at that point. you could also just look at it as merely business transaction. you have to recoup your funds and you have to do it in any manner possible. again, its douche, but im not 100% aware of your situation.

not the nicest way to get your money back, but it is an option. or you could just walk away. up to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #15
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
people make mistakes. so if something is missing, then great. you have an excuse. it for sure happens. one other tip is that you should prolly put your poker face on. the more calm and rational you stay, the better. if you cant find anything wrong, dont let your face give it away. smile, after all, your getting your m3, right?

there is also an option D. i dont recommend it, because its kind of a douche move and is really shady. im sure that the contract says that the car must not have any damage. makes sense right? they cant sell you a defective car. what you can do is get a small razor, and make a small incision or gash on the leather somewhere in the back. maybe behind the the front seat or maybe on backseat where your knee is. you got to be shady about it and it has to be at least an inch. what will prolly happen is that the dealership prolly wont inspect the car so throughly that they would notice something like that. and since the car is damaged, they must return your deposit. but this option is like your last option. its your absolute ace in the hole, but it is a major douche move. and if you do proceed with this option, maybe not tell your wife until after you are let go of the contract because her face might give it away.

iono, i could never do that. but if someone needed the deposit that badly or your wife would kill you if you bought a car that you're not 100% satisfied with, and the thought of not having cf will eat at you until day in and day out, then option D is all you got at that point. you could also just look at it as merely business transaction. you have to recoup your funds and you have to do it in any manner possible. again, its douche, but im not 100% aware of your situation.

not the nicest way to get your money back, but it is an option.
Funny! But I would never do that! Not over a trim :-)

I hope you were being sarcastic!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Easily Retrofit able <> Mistake
      04-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
Seattle S65B40
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Like some have said that's an oldie but a goodie. As stated it was offered in the E46 M3.

If you've seen the thread, approximately 50% of E92 owners [on here] had E46 M3s.

Already, most of that half did not want the same trim again. To me, this is why carbon leather is so popular. It's new to M3s (and it looks nice). You will like the Titanium trim though and it will look good in the sun with a vert - whereas the carbon will look cheap and dated over time (plus possible drying cracking in the sun).

Congratulations and enjoy the car.

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
Seattle S65B40
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
I dont think he would write how to cut m leather seats like a murder novel for 3 paragraphs if he wasn't being serious.

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #19
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep

i know people who would do anything for money.

my uncle, who is a doctor and makes over 300k+ a year would. he is in the top 1% income in the states, but he would gladly do this to save a grand or two. hes a douche. that dr douche is the antithesis of what i wanna be as a doctor.

again, like i said, i wouldnt, but you never know what people will do to save money. and im sure there are many people out there who at least know someone who would do that too to save a buck.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You sound like a junior in college. Who talks like that about his family? No matter how bad your uncle is, he can be a gambler, drunk, or whatever horrible person he is, he is family. You should never talk like that about family in an internet forum.

You never know who might be reading this forum who might know you or you or uncle.

Anyways, your comments about cutting the leather seats were quite uncalled for, this one just added more to it, so I'm not going to argue with you.
im just listing all the options. the op is the one that picks, not me. if he doesnt do it, good him. if he does, no sweat off my back. yes it is evil malicious and wrong, but i did recommend that he not do it.

what i posted online is nothing i wouldnt say to my uncle. he knows how i feel. and money makes people do crazy things. worst things. its an adult reality.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #21
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
i know people who would do anything for money.

my uncle, who is a doctor and makes over 300k a year would. he is in the top 1% income in the states, but he would gladly do this to save a grand or two. hes a douche. that dr douche is the antithesis of what i wanna be as a doctor.

again, like i said, i wouldnt, but you never know what people will do to save money. and im sure there are many people out there who at least know someone who would do that too to save a buck.
You sound like a junior in college. Who talks like that about his family? No matter how bad your uncle is, he can be a gambler, drunk, or whatever horrible person he is, he is family. You should never talk like that about family in an internet forum.

You never know who might be reading this forum who might know you or you or uncle.

Anyways, your comments about cutting the leather seats were quite uncalled for, this one just added more to it, so I'm not going to argue with you.
Thanks for derailing another thread. Again.

For everyone else who contributed positively towards alleviating my anxiety, thanks again! The wait is killing me. Only a few more days to go!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #22
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for derailing another thread. Again.

For everyone else who contributed positively towards alleviating my anxiety, thanks again! The wait is killing me. Only a few more days to go!
i really am sorry about the negative post. got to give all your options though. please accept my apologies.

on the flip side, if the car was damaged en route, you got them there. even if they fix it, they still have to let you go.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread