BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

11-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Ireland
Rep
Drives: IR/IR E46 M3

2002 E46 M3 Imola Red on Black Tastefully Modified!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
After much debate I’ve decided to list my beloved E46 M3 for sale. This car has been a pleasure to own, but it’s time for me to move on. I have taken exceptional care of this car for the past 4 years. I can attest the previous owners care was above and beyond as well. Maintenance has been performed religiously. Meticulously maintained is an understatement. This car needs absolutely nothing and runs perfect. It has never seen snow and has seen rain only a few times. This hasn't been my daily driver but I've done an average of ~7,500 miles a year. It has been stored in a climate controlled garage year round. The S54 runs excellent and the SMG transmission has performed flawlessly.

The car was bought new in 2002 at BMW of Orland Park, IL

Factory Options include:

-Imola Red II Paint
-Black Nappa Leather Upholstery
-SMG Transmission
-Xenon Headlights
-Harmon Kardon Sound System
-Premium Package
-Power and Lumbar Seat Adjustment
-Ski Pass
-Homelink
-Park Distance Control
-Sunroof
-Heated Front Seats

I bought it locally in 2008 with 79,000 miles. Currently there are 107,000 miles on it, but it does not show it anywhere. I have gone to great lengths to keep it looking, and running like a 20,000 mile car. In fact, this car is cleaner all around than some sub 20k mile cars I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to say any local that has seen my car would agree. In those ~30k miles I’ve owned my car I’ve never had a single issue besides a throttle positioning sensor which was replaced back in 2009. I bought the car completely stock and have performed every single modification myself or with the assistance of Chicago based BMW race shop, VS Motorsports.

VS recently did the Inspection II valve adjustment just a few thousand miles ago. Previous oil change was 1k ago and I’ve performed all oil changes myself using Castrol TWS ONLY. I’ve used Shell or BP 93 gasoline exclusively as well. The rod bearing recall was performed during the previous owners possession.

Paint has been waxed regularly using premium wax and interior cleaning done often. I cannot stand a dirty car so cleaning was performed weekly on average. I recently Leatheriqued the interior leather too. Paint is clayed before every wax. No greasy interior cleaners used. Mostly stick to 303 Aerospace on the interior. I've used Autoglym, RubbishBoys, and P21S waxes on the paint. BlackWOW on exterior trims. As well as P21S wheel cleaner, car wash soap and paintwork cleanser. I enjoy cleaning and maintaining this car as much as I do driving it. So it's always well kept inside and out.

Radio, heater, and A/C all work as they should.

The car previously had an extensive list of modifications. Most of which have been sold off, but some tasteful mods remain and are included with the car. I've bolded some of the items I think would be much desirable to a new owner.

Modifications included:

The following was performed 700 miles ago:

-New OEM Bosch Headlight lenses
-New OEM Wiper arms
-New OEM Lower windshield cowl
-New OEM Hood vent
-Bosch Icon wipers
-Black front grills
-Black side grills
-Smoked front corner lights
-Smoked side indicators
-225/255 OE sized Hankook Ventus V12 (these have 10 miles on them. Not 10,000. 10 miles. I bought them solely for the sale of the car 2 weeks ago. Literally brand new.)
-Trunk lip spoiler delete. I had the trunk lid professionally polished after the removal.

The following was performed 1,000 miles ago:

-Oil change using Castrol TWS

The following was performed 3,000 miles ago

-Inspection II with valve adjustment by VS Motorsports
-New VANOS filter
-///M3AN ONE Ceramic coated catless headers (perfect fit, no rattles)
-Coolant flush with BMW OE coolant
-AR25 resonator welded into section I

The following was performed 5,000 miles ago:

-3M Gloss black vinyl roof (can easily be removed)
-Complete subframe reinforcement with Turner Motorsport weld in plates by VS Motorsports
-Diff flush
-EVOLVE R Tune (Tuned for 93 octane)
-Turner Motorsport/Rouge Engineering FCAB's
-Powerflex RTABS
-Turner FCABS
-Powerflex Subframe bushings
-A/C system recharged
-35% Pinnacle F1 tint professionally installed
-New side mirror glass
-Rear view mirror was replaced with new. My old mirror never suffered from the leaky fluid issue that plagues the E46 M3, but I thought it was good preventative maintenance to replace it with a new one.

10,000+ miles on the following:

-OEM M3 floor mats and heavy duty trunk liner
-Hardwired iPod cable
-Mini Cooper S lightweight battery
-Vorsteiner CSL front bumper w/ 1x1 CF splitters (Paintwork and install performed by IND)
-OEM Competition Package Exclusive Aluminum Cube Trim
-OEM Competition Package 19x8/9.5 wheels. Previous owner bought them new from Turner Motorsport in 2008. Excellent condition. No rash.
-OEM CSL SMG Shift Knob (Alcantara inserts vs. standard M3 leather)
-OEM CSL Alcantara E-brake handle
-OEM center console and Euro tray (no armrest)
-Carbon side mirrors

Nearly all the bushings have been replaced underneath recently with quality parts from Powerflex or Turner Motorsport so the ride is pretty comfortable.

My car previously had KW suspension and AP brakes. Those have since been replaced with OEM for the sale. I had to buy a set of brakes and suspension as I no longer had my originals. I ended up buying a complete brake setup with only 10k miles. Pads, calipers, lines, and rotors only have 10k on them and still look like new. The suspension (shocks/springs) has 40k on it.

While rock chips on the car are at a minimum for the mileage, the Vorsteiner CSL front bumper has its fair amount of chips. The fenders are okay but do have a couple chips as well, nothing severe.. I would consider it under average for the mileage. They cannot be seen unless up close and are all tiny in size. Also the sunroof shade is not installed in the car. I had the sunroof shade closed and accidentally hit the tilt button. This ended up pulling the shade off the tracks. I have the shade and the only thing needed to reinstall it is a few clips I would be willing to buy for the new owner. The SES light is on due to catless headers. The airbag light is on from when I removed the stock seats to install Recaro seats, it threw the airbag code.

Overall leather is in nice condition. No severe wear. The interior is out of an 05’ ZCP w/ only 60k miles. There are one imperfection pictured below. It is a faint scratch on the passenger seat. The driver side bolster wear is better than most cars I've seen.

I have a Scorza CSL carbon trunk lid painted Imola Red that can be included with the sale for an additional $800. It has LED plate lights pre wired and BMW badge included. These trunks are no longer produced and it is the lightest and best fitting CSL trunk lid you can buy short of OEM.

I also have a set of AP Racing 6pot BBK for the front I can include for an additional $2,000. 355mm 2 piece rotor and steel braided lines. Brakes will also include 2 sets of pads; street pads and like new MINTEX race pads. Like new condition. The race pads ran me an additional $400+ new from AP. Brakes have 10k miles on them. I have close to $4k in this brake setup and it is in excellent condition.

I also have about 10 quarts of Castrol TWS oil included with the sale.

I would love to see this car go to a fellow enthusiast who can appreciate it and care for it as much as I have. I've decided to put the price at $18,500 which I think is fair. It will be difficult to find another car as well maintained and in as good of shape for the money. Title in hand. If you're interested please send me a PM or email to ktwcryan@yahoo.com Email is the best way to contact me.

Sold as is with no warranty expressed or implied.

NOTE: I misplaced my OEM ebrake boot but I have another one on its way to me, which is why it isn't installed

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

did it sell?
      12-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
EuroTunerz5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW BMW 135i M-Sport PPK

Yup I want this for my collection.... Did it sell already?
Appreciate 0