BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #45
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
You best be on guard ... BMW might announce only XXX more to be made for world wide delivery then you might just miss out to order yours if anyone has the power it would be BMW ... just my 2 cents for you to think about.
My dealer has gotten back to me that they will be able to order production of the car for me in the fall as an MY 2013. I have to decide what do now... We don't get a lot of allocations and somebody already wants mine for March.
      01-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #46
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
My dealer has gotten back to me that they will be able to order production of the car for me in the fall as an MY 2013. I have to decide what do now... We don't get a lot of allocations and somebody already wants mine for March.
If you get it in the fall, you will miss out on all that nice spring/summer driving weather.

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #47
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
2011 e90 M3, last model year for me
Yup, cheers, me too
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #48
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

One more year that my car is 'current'...

I would have to say there is a fun factor to being the first few people owning a brand new model year. Ex. 2008 M3 owners, wow, must have been turning heads all day long.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Julie, my recommendation here can only be "don't wait get it now and enjoy it" then that is just me ... one thinks a bit different when one gets older, you know what I mean I know you will make the right decision.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #50
BeamingE39
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slower than I'd like

Not unless the 2013s get a major change like a powerbump or ZCP2
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #51
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
My lease is up in a few months and I think it's about time to get away from BMW and the ///M stands for ///Marketing group.

Sport package A8 or maybe a carefully optioned Panamera (AWD and air suspension of course). It's hard to get past how ugly the A8 and Panamera are from the outside, but I don't drive from the outside. Besides, BMW isn't exactly winning any styling contests either. And the BMWs can't compare to the Audi and Porsche interiors. Funny how Porsche finally figured out how to produce a nice interior and hit it out of the park.

Flame suit: ON.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #52
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Joe, I'm sure those are fine options if you want a plus, luxurious ride that pampers you at every turn.

But it seems to me that the fact that you could soon be in an F10 M5 for not much more cash than those two, and have performance that will put them into the weeds*, speaks pretty loudly. Clearly there is still some value in the M brand. In other words, if you no longer hold performance above other traits typical to luxury sports sedan, it is no surprise that you are becoming less interested in what M division is doing. While M has no doubt evolved, you too have changed your priorites aren't really their target customer anymore. Just my 2 cents.

* I assume you are talking about a lower trim level Panamera, not a GTS or higher trim level, which will run you well over $100k, and more than double that at the highest end.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Joe, I'm sure those are fine options if you want a plus, luxurious ride that pampers you at every turn.

But it seems to me that the fact that you could soon be in an F10 M5 for not much more cash than those two, and have performance that will put them into the weeds*, speaks pretty loudly. Clearly there is still some value in the M brand. In other words, if you no longer hold performance above other traits typical to luxury sports sedan, it is no surprise that you are becoming less interested in what M division is doing. While M has no doubt evolved, you too have changed your priorites aren't really their target customer anymore. Just my 2 cents.

* I assume you are talking about a lower trim level Panamera, not a GTS or higher trim level, which will run you well over $100k, and more than double that at the highest end.
Yup. Panamera 4 with a lot of options comes out around $105k. Standard wheelbase A8s optioned the way I like them list out in the mid nineties. I'm no longer enthralled by horsepower. There's always something faster out there. Since I can't realistically use the performance of an M3 or M5 on the street, I'm less inclined to drive one. My M3 was obtained as a dual purpose car, but rarely makes it to the track. So I figure I'll drive something that performs yeoman street duties and put together a dedicated track car for those occasions when I want to terrify the yokels at various circuits.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #54
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
C'mon OP all of this talk about MY2013 is moot - did you forget that the world is going to end this year ?!?!?
Maybe BMW is hoping there will be enough M3s for the Mayans in an effort to save the world! Great marketing strategy against Audi...Checkmate my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #55
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Get yours now! There is no reason to wait unless you can't do it for some reason.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #56
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

From another viewpoint, I think a lot of people would prefer another model year so the e9x M3 is still current. Doesn't bother me either way, but know a lot of people like to upgrade when something new comes out.

Oh and had a '05 M3 that was to be one of the last e46 m3s, but then sort of out of nowhere there was a MY2006. Kind of irked me for some reason, not sure why.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #57
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
If you get it in the fall, you will miss out on all that nice spring/summer driving weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Julie, my recommendation here can only be "don't wait get it now and enjoy it" then that is just me ... one thinks a bit different when one gets older, you know what I mean I know you will make the right decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Get yours now! There is no reason to wait unless you can't do it for some reason.
Thanks guys for your input.

It was hard for me to "give up" my March allocation but I did it today.

There is no reason I "can't" pick it up soon, but I don't need a new car. The car that was getting replaced was a reliable Acura that runs terrific.

This opens up the possibility for me to potentially get a remaining 2012 at a reduced price (when the model year changes over, if I don't order Individual) or potentially get a 2013 with some new options (rumoured upgraded competition pack). It's just a few more months.

Last edited by JulieDriving; 01-25-2012 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: reduced length
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #58
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:

There is no reason I "can't" pick it up soon, but I don't need a new car. The car that was getting replaced was a reliable Acura that runs terrific.

This opens up the possibility for me to potentially get a remaining 2012 at a reduced price (when the model year changes over, if I don't order Individual) or potentially get a 2013 with some new options (rumoured upgraded competition pack). It's just a few more months.
Julie, I hope all works out to your total satisfaction.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #59
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Quote:

Good call, I'd have done the same thing. Patience is a virtue... despite what some here may have you believe.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #60
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

julie, hope all works out for you. I am like you, don't need a car and happy with my DD, but going ahead with my order either way (kinda have no choice lol production started a few days ago!) lol

life is short...and I think I am going thru Mid life crisis now!!

Just curious, does the dealer still have your deposit for the future order or you requested it back?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #61
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Julie, I admire your patience. I could NOT do what you are doing. I would likely go crazy with anticipation You'll probably be the first with the F30 and we'll all be jealous!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #62
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
julie, hope all works out for you. I am like you, don't need a car and happy with my DD, but going ahead with my order either way (kinda have no choice lol production started a few days ago!) lol

life is short...and I think I am going thru Mid life crisis now!!

Just curious, does the dealer still have your deposit for the future order or you requested it back?
You are going to be so happy when that car comes, Congrats.

Yes, I never asked for my deposit back. It is being used to guarantee me an allocation. (There are not that many M3s here, and the last two orders in Oct and Nov of last year only got an allocation for this March.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Julie, I admire your patience. I could NOT do what you are doing. I would likely go crazy with anticipation You'll probably be the first with the F30 and we'll all be jealous!
Well, it's not because I'm very patient or anything. I'm actually starting to mourn a little bit, lol, having given up my March allocation. What's giving me superhuman strength is the fact that, timing-wise, while I'm waiting for the M, I'll be putting extra towards my mortgage so that it's paid off before she arrives. I had always hoped the timing would work out that way

PS, it won't be an F30, it will be the last year of the E92/E93

Last edited by JulieDriving; 01-26-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #63
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13" AW/FR EXT E93 M3/ IND trim

Julie I am with you...my Mil Sales guy is confirming now and I will allow him to put me down for a MY2013 demo model...this delay will allow me to HOPEFULLY get a few options but more importantly, have cash to pay the car off vs. financing 10k of it. I only pray for an E93 M3 ZCP, shadow line trim, and piano black as a trim option....and hopefully a few other "M" standard color choices...
Appreciate 0