BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

08-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #23
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

I've been through this myself and with my mom. For sure lawyer up and take the other driver to the cleaners.

If she really does have a fracture, in a rib or anatomy of her vertebra going to the chiropractors is the WORST thing she could do. In my area about 90% of the chiropractors are ambulance chasers and after the first consultation want to charge the insurance company for an aggressive treatment plan of 3x per week for 8 weeks, then down to 2x per week for 6 weeks, blah blah.

If it's nerve pain a female physical therapist is probably the best choice (get MD to prescribe so insurance helps). Some PTs want to lift weights and do extreme stretches. A good PT will be gentle with some electro stim, massage, and easy stretching.

If it's a muscle strain/sprain/pull a non-chinese accupuncturist is a good bet. The traditional TCM tend to push herbal teas and holistic pills. But the needles and massaging the injured area can be a HUGE pain relief and will speed the healing.

When she gets her mobility back and the pain starts to subside find a good yoga class. Not power yoga or flow yoga, but restorative or therapeutic. I've seen people come into yoga with horrible cases of scoliosis, sciatica, bulged discs, etc and yoga is a miracle saver.

My poor mom was tboned by a cell phone driver. Her crap doctor put her on a combo of muscle relaxers, pain killers and anti-inflammatory pills. I drove her to the PT appointment and the dick therapist had her lifting dumbbell weights over her head to "build muscle over the injury". After we got home she was in tears from the pain.

For about 2 weeks she was in a drug bender and didn't eat much, stomach problems, etc. I convinced her to take a couple days off the drugs and found the best chiropractor around that would be GENTLE with her neck. A few pops later and her neck was 70% improved. To help with the lingering pain a white guy acupuncturist worked on the swelling of the muscles. After a couple weeks of treatments my mom is back to 95% of normal. I can only imagine how bad she would have been if she continued with the pills and no real help on the injury.

OP this has to be a multi-pronged approach. I feel for your gf. Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #24
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
I agree with Santov, this should be s multi-pronged approach.

First is getting an accurate diagnosis and then establishing a treatment plan.

For my nerve pain and spinal injury, it was a combination of meds, physical therapy/electo stim, pain management visits, massage therapy, etc.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

woo guys thanks a lot of your help.

I showed her this thread and she is very grateful for all of your replies.

We are going to find a better doctor for her stomach, and she starts therapy soon for her back