BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #23
Werked M fizzle
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

DIY everything you can... Obviously with update and such you can't but oil changes, brakes, and pretty much everything else is done DIY...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #24
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 550 DINAN STAGE 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Boy, do I feel for whoever ends up with your car .
dont buy a leased m3, what do you think leasee's of m3s baby their car?? yea ok
its a rent a car
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #25
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
Keep doing that and watch them void your warranty completely. The car records this stuff.
what warrenty stupid its a high performance car meant for speed, they dont give you 9000 rpms and tell you to only use 5000, they dont give you LAUNCH CONTROL and tell you to NEVER use it. what are you trying to say?

this is an M3, your not alllowed to get on it???? please with this bullshit, ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post

i didnt know that the m3 has launch control,tell me how =)
m drive
turn off dct
press the exta bar shift mode that you get when you hit m button
hold the shift lever forward
flags come on dash
foot OFF Brake
foot TO THE FLOOR on gas
let go of lever

HOLD ON BITCH!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #27
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
If you're going to take the time to babysit the tech, just do it yourself.
I agree 100%, but you best document everything you do because if you dont and something major fails they will use any excuse they can to get out of warranty.

I'll be doing oil changes between the 15K 'free' ones and I'll let them put brake pads on the car, kind of hard to screw that up. Not too thrillied about brake fluid changes, my last Audi the dealer screwed that up pretty bad and I had to redo it myself. At least they didnt mess up the paint on the car.

Last edited by KJM3; 10-20-2010 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #28
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
dont buy a leased m3, what do you think leasee's of m3s baby their car?? yea ok
its a rent a car
You bet, a lease is no better than buying a used rental car, except the last owner was trying to get the beating in at lower mileage. Especially a high performance car.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #29
AWESOM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17M4;15G63AMG;14E63SAMG

Thats ridiculous.
Totally unacceptable.
Sucks!!
Make sure they have heard all ur issues and ask them how they r going to address each specific one. how will they compensate u for damage, inconvenience, tinme lost wrt to use of the car.
Escalate this complaint to BMW NA ....get a cutomer service manager assigned to the case and make him folowup with the dealer and report to you.

Dont be apologetic. There needs to be accountability.

Good Luck!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #30
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOM3 View Post
Thats ridiculous.
Totally unacceptable.
Sucks!!
Make sure they have heard all ur issues and ask them how they r going to address each specific one. how will they compensate u for damage, inconvenience, tinme lost wrt to use of the car.
Escalate this complaint to BMW NA ....get a cutomer service manager assigned to the case and make him folowup with the dealer and report to you.

Dont be apologetic. There needs to be accountability.

Good Luck!!
Sad part is if they screwed up so much before (and BMW was paying them) they will most likely screw it up worse for free. Bad dealers are bad dealers.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #31
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM3 View Post
I agree 100%, but you best document everything you do because if you dont and something major fails they will use any excuse they can to get out of warranty.

I'll be doing oil changes between the 15K 'free' ones and I'll let them put brake pads on the car, kind of hard to screw that up. Not too thrillied about brake fluid changes, my last Audi the dealer screwed that up pretty bad and I had to redo it myself. At least they didnt mess up the paint on the car.
I agree 100%. But being a former VW owner I know ALL about documentation. VW will deny almost ANY warranty claim if you don't have oil change receipts proving you used the correct oil. Yes, even stuff that has NOTHING to do with oil...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #32
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
I agree 100%. But being a former VW owner I know ALL about documentation. VW will deny almost ANY warranty claim if you don't have oil change receipts proving you used the correct oil. Yes, even stuff that has NOTHING to do with oil...
Wow that sucks. Good 2 know though.
      10-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #33
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

I would be asking for answers.....
      10-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #34
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Think thats bad buy a boat lol, I have to use nothing but OE parts and have receipts for everything. Plus I have to take pictures to document when I pull the drives to show I checked engine alignment and grease the coupler splines etc. Otherwise I have to take it to dealer and pay a LOT to get it done by people who many times do more damage then just leaving it alone for 5 years.

But yea, if you are going to do own maintenance when the car is under warranty save all the receipts and make sure to write down what you did and date it. I use nothing but OE filters and recommended oil as well. If you skip something under scheduled maintenance they can deny anything they want if its even remotely connected. Of course when the warranty is done it doesnt matter what you do.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #35
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
No, point blank the car was driven for over 25 miles and for those 25 miles till when I got home oil had been coming out of the top of the engine.
Few thoughs. There's no doubt tech opened the oil cap and added oil, but what the hell he did (oil change or just added oil) you need to find out. Unfortunately, without a dipstick, you don't know how much oil is in there other than draining it and measure it, which is exactly what I suggest. As far as the oil in your engine, it was probably due to not putting the oil cap 'properly'. I put that in quotes because it should be a simple thing to do, but the stupid cap on this car bunches up if not coated with oil, and causes that mess. Extra oil in the engine would blow out of the PCV valves if at all, not the oil cap. When the gasket bunches up, it leaves a gap and the gear cam drive throws oil right at it, making a royal mess. What I'm saying is the oil in your engine has probably nothing to do with amount of oil inside the crankcase... unless dude added another 9L (which I REALLY doubt), but my guess is your engine wouldn't run 25 miles with 18L of oil in there . Your situation is weird. Anyway, amount of oil drained is going to tell the story; just be there. And ask tech what the hell he did for the record. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Quote:
If you're going to take the time to babysit the tech, just do it yourself.
Indeed. That's what I do, even when it's 'free' (included in purchase price). Rather pay and not have to deal with BS like this ; not worth the savings to me. Take care gang.

Last edited by JCtx; 10-20-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Yea Valencia BMW is notorious for being "The new kid on the block" type of feel. I don't know if they get too busy or what, but they just don't give you the quality you deserve from BMW. I take mine to Century West BMW in Studio City. Much faster than Beverly Hills, and not as busy. I had a brake fluid service, bled and replaced this morning in 30-45 minutes and I was out.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #37
bubu
Bunny Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT (2013)

related experience...

...your run in with the dealer service department plays into a question I asked a few weeks ago.

Does scheduled maintenance lead to a bad service departments...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440808
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #38
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: R56 Cooper S

Quote:
THIS IS WHY I LEASE - fuck them and THEIR car, oil to high? who gives a shit, to low? who cares!! 15k oil change??? make it 25k please, break in period??? what is this break in period?? redline day 1 - track days? HELL YES 10 of them!!! launch control once a day every day for 3 years!! learn to drift from m3 message board spend ENTIRE DAY SIDEWAYSCwhen your done bring it back GET THE NEW M3 MODEL WITH 3 TURBOS and do it all over again.

if i owned my car and they did that shit id go bizerk
I like this guy!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #39
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
when they treat me like shit I take it out on THEIR car, start that shit up in winter and FLOOR it, park it leave the doors unlocked, its like a glorified rent a car, when you bring it back fill it with the lowest grade gas possible/dirty, take out YOUR floor mats.
Damn, I'm almost crying I'm laughing so hard! You definitely have a point! I've never thought of it like that. I just don't know if I could do that to such a wonderful car though.
      10-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #40
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that the oil was added on accident. I will not take the dealerships excuse oh we simply added to much..

No, point blank the car was driven for over 25 miles and for those 25 miles till when I got home oil had been coming out of the top of the engine.

This raises a red flag because I'm willing to bet that there is two different oil grades in my engine because if this was done as part of the request there is no way in hell the dealership would make this error. It was obviously added on accident by some moron.

I am going to make them change out my oil tomorrow completely with a new oil filter and I want them to do a compression check on each cylinder head and provide me a detailed report.

Hell will be raised tomorrow. This is stupid, pointless and unacceptable for a car of this standard. Sorry I will not stand for it and these morons better fix it and than some.
Sometimes that is the only way to do and you are completely right. That is complete bullshit. I don't have my car serviced at BMW dealerships, ever because of this risk.
      10-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #41
Ben Choad
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3; 09 Lambo LP560-4

Quote:
THIS IS WHY I LEASE - fuck them and THEIR car, oil to high? who gives a shit, to low? who cares!! 15k oil change??? make it 25k please, break in period??? what is this break in period?? redline day 1 - track days? HELL YES 10 of them!!! launch control once a day every day for 3 years!! learn to drift from m3 message board spend ENTIRE DAY SIDEWAYSCwhen your done bring it back GET THE NEW M3 MODEL WITH 3 TURBOS and do it all over again.

if i owned my car and they did that shit id go bizerk
Exactly where I am. M3 = daily driver and is leased. Have another car which is owned and the garage queen.

I just drive the hell out of the M3 with no worries. Got the excess wear and tear warranty and couldnt care less. When 3 years are up, turn in and look for next daily driver. I have done that with my last two BMWs. Just turned in the 335i this August and upgraded to M3.

Service at BMW of San Francisco is just plain terrible and I would hate having to worry about a car I owned when taking it in for service to these clowns
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #42
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
Damn, I'm almost crying I'm laughing so hard! You definitely have a point! I've never thought of it like that. I just don't know if I could do that to such a wonderful car though.
im leaving the car out in the snow all winter and leaving my e30 ix and my wifes vw in the garage, its bmws fucking car screw them, they have no trouble nickle and diming you.....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #43
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Because he is just a plain DICK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Although I understand how people treat a leased car differently, the way Beck describes it borders on total abuse. At least have some respect for the M badge. Why ruin a great car by being a dick.

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep

n/m

Last edited by Frozen Black Panther; 10-20-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0