BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
What is up with BMW's and their drivers?

Yesterday, I was on the freeway and I was going along with the75mph pace but I was actually going a tad faster than the other cars. I wasn't on the fast/passing lane and the lanes on my left and my right were pretty empty. I also had a E60 535i in front of me (2 – 3 car lengths in front of me) who was still pulling from me.

A nice looking blue M-sport F30 started tailgating me. At first, I thought it was 335i M-sport who wanted to race but it was a 328i (because of the better looking stock grill). The 328 made an aggressive lane change. At this point, I downshifted from 7th to 6th then 5th. I was about to go down to 4th and be a prick and not let the 328i through. However, I looked at my passenger seat and my rear seat...I had my mom and my brother with me and controlled myself. The 328i had more than enough room to pass me safely. Instead, the lady in the 328i cut me off SOOOOOO CLOSE I had to brake hard and steer a little away from her to not get hit. She merged into my lane while only her front wheels were past my car's nose. The lady in the 328i, started tailgating the 535 in front of me and did the same thing except cut the 5er off. After the 5 series, she kept weaving in and out and zinging past other cars.

The F30 is no tiny spring chicken like a Lotus Elise that you can swing around easily nor does it have a short butt like an E89 Z4...the F30 is a pig compared to those two car sizes, even my 1er is a pig compared to those two.

Right now, I can even go so far as to say that her reflexes and skills in daily driving are superior to mine. Of course, that is assuming that she does this on a regular basis. People that cut others off doesn't require their victims to steer away AND brake HARD...it's usually one or the other. She's not the only prick I've encountered...there's too many of them but this is my most dangerous encounter.

Now this brings me to my questions: why is it that a good fraction of the pricks on the road drive BMW's? Is it the people that pick BMW's or is it the BMW cars that make people drive the way they do? (I'd like to hear/read the community's take on my questions.)

I think it's the car. BMW's perform very well and they feel GREAT to drive. Not to mention, BMW is known for making sporty cars and has an amazing racing heritage. People take these as part of their true driving skill and measurement. Similar to how teenagers think they're invincible. I'll admit, I feel like I'm a better driver in a BMW than I do in a family SUV but that still doesn't warrant driving like a maniac. Since most BMW's are a blast to drive, they just can't help themselves but keep satisfying their hunger for a driving fast.

But there must be another factor to it...I think it's the BMW badge. Driving a BMW is enough to say you've stepped into the realm of success (materialistically). These drivers may possibly be flaunting their fancy cars. It may also be as simple as “my car is/I am badass” or “my car is fast”. Yes, the badge make the drivers' heads fill with hot air and show off...or worse, become condescending. I've seen an e92 335i drive on the right hand shoulder lane (the lane where people pull over) just to get through traffic.

I am aware that there are also other cars that drive in such a fashion like Priuses. I am also not saying that all bimmer drivers = prick. I'm just wondering why is it that most douchey drivers drive a similar car to mine.

P.S. Do note that I am not attacking this lady driver or anyone personally. Also, before you tell me to go and drive faster and speed up...why not try slowing down a little?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

She, and the rest of the idiots like her, are more common in Virginia than any other type of driver. I guess this just falls in the, what geographic region do you live, column. For me, I probably wouldn't even pay her more than a second of notice as this is every day practice here. I can understand how someone from a more docile area might see it as a problem. I am not condoning her apparent lack of intelligence and overall driving skill, but I also do not think it has to do with the type of car that she drives. The biggest culprits where I am are usually mini vans and hybrid vehicles. I really don't understand either one of these vehicles being a menace, but it is the truth. I have resulted in avoiding our highways whenever possible. Maybe you should alter your routes to enjoy driving a bit more! Regardless, I wish you luck and safe passage! Cheers.
      09-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Geezer723
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d xDrive

I'm trying to track my '14 328d xDrive still in Germany. It's building it was finished a week ago & now it's siting somewhere, & I wanna it moving. How do I do it???
Any help appreciated, I have the production #.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishhead24 View Post
She, and the rest of the idiots like her, are more common in Virginia than any other type of driver. I guess this just falls in the, what geographic region do you live, column. For me, I probably wouldn't even pay her more than a second of notice as this is every day practice here. I can understand how someone from a more docile area might see it as a problem. I am not condoning her apparent lack of intelligence and overall driving skill, but I also do not think it has to do with the type of car that she drives. The biggest culprits where I am are usually mini vans and hybrid vehicles. I really don't understand either one of these vehicles being a menace, but it is the truth. I have resulted in avoiding our highways whenever possible. Maybe you should alter your routes to enjoy driving a bit more! Regardless, I wish you luck and safe passage! Cheers.
Fair enough. Geographic location matters too. SoCal must be one of the worst...if SoCal isn't in the one of the worst areas (in the US), then I'm scared to drive outside SoCal. If it's the person, why is it that most of these people choose BMW?

As for hybrids...I theorize that they're happy with their gas mileage and think "what the heck...I'll be burning little fuel even if I drive it hard. I'll just go around other people to get through". I saw this prius cutting off other people and driving fast coming up from behind. On a red light, I tried pacing him. My car was shifting @ 3000~3500rpm all the way till 6th gear until I left off! I was going about 60mph! He was accelerating even further! It might also be that supposed nice torque-y feel from the electric motor. (I've never driven/ride a hybrid/electric car ever again.)

On a side note, I just watched Afroduck's beast record, that thing is just insane! Insanely fast, insanely "skilled, insanely irresponsible, and insanely insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer723 View Post
I'm trying to track my '14 328d xDrive still in Germany. It's building it was finished a week ago & now it's siting somewhere, & I wanna it moving. How do I do it???
Thanks
I don't know how. I'm sorry I can't help you. Lastly, don't threadjack please.

Last edited by PopsnBurbles; 09-08-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328pride View Post
Yesterday, I was on the freeway and I was going along with the75mph pace but I was actually going a tad faster than the other cars. I wasn't on the fast/passing lane and the lanes on my left and my right were pretty empty. I also had a E60 535i in front of me (2 – 3 car lengths in front of me) who was still pulling from me.

A nice looking blue M-sport F30 started tailgating me. At first, I thought it was 335i M-sport who wanted to race but it was a 328i (because of the better looking stock grill). The 328 made an aggressive lane change. At this point, I downshifted from 7th to 6th then 5th. I was about to go down to 4th and be a prick and not let the 328i through. However, I looked at my passenger seat and my rear seat...I had my mom and my brother with me and controlled myself. The 328i had more than enough room to pass me safely. Instead, the lady in the 328i cut me off SOOOOOO CLOSE I had to brake hard and steer a little away from her to not get hit. She merged into my lane while only her front wheels were past my car's nose. The lady in the 328i, started tailgating the 535 in front of me and did the same thing except cut the 5er off. After the 5 series, she kept weaving in and out and zinging past other cars.

The F30 is no tiny spring chicken like a Lotus Elise that you can swing around easily nor does it have a short butt like an E89 Z4...the F30 is a pig compared to those two car sizes, even my 1er is a pig compared to those two.

Right now, I can even go so far as to say that her reflexes and skills in daily driving are superior to mine. Of course, that is assuming that she does this on a regular basis. People that cut others off doesn't require their victims to steer away AND brake HARD...it's usually one or the other. She's not the only prick I've encountered...there's too many of them but this is my most dangerous encounter.

Now this brings me to my questions: why is it that a good fraction of the pricks on the road drive BMW's? Is it the people that pick BMW's or is it the BMW cars that make people drive the way they do? (I'd like to hear/read the community's take on my questions.)

I think it's the car. BMW's perform very well and they feel GREAT to drive. Not to mention, BMW is known for making sporty cars and has an amazing racing heritage. People take these as part of their true driving skill and measurement. Similar to how teenagers think they're invincible. I'll admit, I feel like I'm a better driver in a BMW than I do in a family SUV but that still doesn't warrant driving like a maniac. Since most BMW's are a blast to drive, they just can't help themselves but keep satisfying their hunger for a driving fast.

But there must be another factor to it...I think it's the BMW badge. Driving a BMW is enough to say you've stepped into the realm of success (materialistically). These drivers may possibly be flaunting their fancy cars. It may also be as simple as “my car is/I am badass” or “my car is fast”. Yes, the badge make the drivers' heads fill with hot air and show off...or worse, become condescending. I've seen an e92 335i drive on the right hand shoulder lane (the lane where people pull over) just to get through traffic.

I am aware that there are also other cars that drive in such a fashion like Priuses. I am also not saying that all bimmer drivers = prick. I'm just wondering why is it that most douchey drivers drive a similar car to mine.

P.S. Do note that I am not attacking this lady driver or anyone personally. Also, before you tell me to go and drive faster and speed up...why not try slowing down a little?
You could have said just a 335i or 328. Please do not add "M" to these cars as they are not true "M" examples. Thanks... They are your basic, standard NON-M vehicles.

I disagree with BMW drivers. Its all drivers. Most are calm and do nothing really.

It depends on where you live and the age of the folks driving the other cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
having driven in Los Angeles----you guys have a VERY high concentration of d-bags on the road. BUT seriously i think the only place i've driven that competes is NYC. In fact in terms of percentage----i'd say there are more d-bags driving on the road in terms of percentage of total drivers at any given time than anywhere else i've ever driven. Violent, angry d-bags. lol. The kind who will try to get revenge on you for 20 minutes if there is a 'situation' while driving.....i have seen people get into physical fights here during road rage....actually get out of their cars, stop traffic, and go up to people's windows and fight.

as for BMW drivers----yes they suck here too. I think they are a few notches worse than Audi drivers....but BY FAR the worst drivers we have here in NYC are Nissan drivers; particularly Maximas and Altimas. They should just rebadge those cars "D-bag car A" and "D-bag car B"

oh and i drive 120 miles a day here....i see my fair share of terrible driving! (too much, if i'm honest).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
You could have said just a 335i or 328. Please do not add "M" to these cars as they are not true "M" examples. Thanks... They are your basic, standard NON-M vehicles.

I disagree with BMW drivers. Its all drivers. Most are calm and do nothing really.

It depends on where you live and the age of the folks driving the other cars.
I didn't say they're M cars. I said they're M sport cars. On the F30 especially, the M sport cars has a huge improvement (in terms of looks) over the non M sport vehicles. Don't forget there are people out there who wouldn't accept a certain M car to be an M car just because of the way they drive or the car's design itself. Don't worry, the people take their M sport cars on a level any higher than they really are would only make fools out of themselves and I'm definitely not one of them.

Anyway, I encounter about 20 BMW's on the road on my one way 9mi commute daily and a lot more than 20 on my way back home at night. I'll be lucky to find half of them not rushing/racing through traffic. When traffic conditions get thinner, I see a lot of people get cut off by BMW's. I know it's everyone but among the people that do it, why is it most of them are BMW's?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
having driven in Los Angeles----you guys have a VERY high concentration of d-bags on the road. BUT seriously i think the only place i've driven that competes is NYC. In fact in terms of percentage----i'd say there are more d-bags driving on the road in terms of percentage of total drivers at any given time than anywhere else i've ever driven. Violent, angry d-bags. lol. The kind who will try to get revenge on you for 20 minutes if there is a 'situation' while driving.....i have seen people get into physical fights here during road rage....actually get out of their cars, stop traffic, and go up to people's windows and fight.

as for BMW drivers----yes they suck here too. I think they are a few notches worse than Audi drivers....but BY FAR the worst drivers we have here in NYC are Nissan drivers; particularly Maximas and Altimas. They should just rebadge those cars "D-bag car A" and "D-bag car B"
The people that do the worst things = drive Infinity or Lexus.
The brand that seem to have the most pricks (except possibly Toyota) = BMW.

I think you New Yorkers have it worse off. Everyone is just cheating and cutting each other off. Lol they'd even cut pedestrians off if they could. GOD! When I went there, moving 2 blocks away takes 15+ minutes!!!

Seriously, this guy with a Space Grey 528/530 is at a pretty empty parking lot but still had some cars and people. He was racing up and down the lot. Driving circles around other cars. He saw me (I guess, I seemed anti-social at the time and seemed fun to piss off) and "stalked" me to my car. I got in and he just blocked my way and started revving at me. When I started my car, I heard one of his buddies say "that dude's car sounds badass, not your usual chick car."

Last edited by PopsnBurbles; 09-08-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
The people that do the worst things = drive Infinity or Lexus.
The brand that seem to have the most pricks (except possibly Toyota) = BMW.

I think you New Yorkers have it worse off. Everyone is just cheating and cutting each other off. Lol they'd even cut pedestrians off if they could. GOD! When I went there, moving 2 blocks away takes 15+ minutes!!!

Seriously, this guy with a Space Grey 528/530 is at a pretty empty parking lot but still had some cars and people. He was racing up and down the lot. Driving circles around other cars. He saw me (I guess, I seemed anti-social at the time) and "stalked" me to my car. I got in and he just blocked my way and started revving at me. When I started my car, I heard one of his buddies say "that dude's car sounds badass, not your usual chick car."
lol....what kind of person drives around a parking lot in circles around other cars!? HAHA. i don't even understand....

LA is pretty chaotic, but i feel there is at least some structure. Maybe that's why people get real angry like that woman? I do feel that you guys have to drive very long distances to get somewhere with lots of traffic backups-----which must create burning angst inside people. My guess is that 'premium' car owners are more likely the type who feel entitled or that they are somehow special......so it gives them the motivation to cut people off and act like Type A aggressors, perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
lol....what kind of person drives around a parking lot in circles around other cars!? HAHA. i don't even understand....

LA is pretty chaotic, but i feel there is at least some structure. Maybe that's why people get real angry like that woman? I do feel that you guys have to drive very long distances to get somewhere with lots of traffic backups-----which must create burning angst inside people. My guess is that 'premium' car owners are more likely the type who feel entitled or that they are somehow special......so it gives them the motivation to cut people off and act like Type A aggressors, perhaps?
That guy had problems. I guess he was probably egging me on to play his game and race him or he probably just wants to make fun of me (based on what his buddy said, I think this is the case), or he's probably curious about the car. I know when I see an exotic on a clear road, I pull up next to them and give them a thumbs up and they'll give me a teaser .

As for the lady, the roads were pretty clear assuming she'll go along with the already fast pace (75~80mph on a 65 road). Even so, there's no need to cut me off.

Yes, I'm pretty sure sense of entitlement is one of them factors I'm trying to relay. Prius/hybrids = tree hugger's sense of entitlement. BMW/Infinity/Lexus/Audi = fancy car's sense of entitlement.

I definitely agree...TYPE A AGGRO's ALL THE WAY!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

OP should have downshifted to third and closed the gap in traffic
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
BBursey
Work hard, play harder
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
75 mph and 2-3 car length gap? Damn.

Cheers,
Bryan
2011 135i M Sport | COBB V3 AP Stage 1+ | ER FMIC and CP | BMS OCC | Dinan Stage 3 Suspension | Dinan High Performance Bushing Kit | M3 Wishbones | Modified CDV | Clutch Stop | APEX EC-7 Wheels w/ Michelin PSS 235/40R18 265/35R18 Tires | Maddad Street Series Exhaust | BMW Performance Kidney Grills | LCI Blacklines | Armrest Delete | Spoiler Delete | 28% Tint
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:

oh and i drive 120 miles a day here....i see my fair share of terrible driving! (too much, if i'm honest).
I agree. However, BMW drivers really aren't "TERRIBLE" around here.

But the WORST are the f**king box truck drivers. Those guys think they are in NASCAR or something with the way they attempt to draft of you. Then they pass, start going up a hill and go miserably slow. They swerve in and out not caring because it's not their personal truck and they know that if you hit them, nothing will happen to their vehicle however you are screwed. They use the exit lanes on the highway as a chance to jump in front of traffic and usually merge through the zebra lanes all the way at the end. They are the ones that drive me into INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another one that I have noticed are corolla drivers. Completely clueless people
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #14
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
OP should have downshifted to third and closed the gap in traffic
Yes, I could've made it happen but I had my family with me. You don't need a superior car just to prevent someone from cutting you off. I've seen a GTI prevent an e92 335is from cutting him off just by closing the gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post

But the WORST are the f**king box truck drivers. Those guys think they are in NASCAR or something with the way they attempt to draft of you. Then they pass, start going up a hill and go miserably slow. They swerve in and out not caring because it's not their personal truck and they know that if you hit them, nothing will happen to their vehicle however you are screwed. They use the exit lanes on the highway as a chance to jump in front of traffic and usually merge through the zebra lanes all the way at the end. They are the ones that drive me into INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We truckers here in CA aren't that crazy...well except for this one guy who I presume to be SLEEPY on my way from San Francisco back down to LA. I passed him on the left (he was going 65 on a 65). As I was passing, I noticed he was getting closer and closer. When I was in front of him, I see him driving in 2 lanes and he wobbling back and forth.

Last edited by PopsnBurbles; 09-09-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I could've made it happen but I had my family with me. You don't need a superior car just to prevent someone from cutting you off. I've seen a GTI prevent an e92 335is from cutting him off just by closing the gap.

We truckers here in CA aren't that crazy...well except for this one guy who I presume to be SLEEPY on my way from San Francisco back down to LA. I passed him on the left (he was going 65 on a 65). As I was passing, I noticed he was getting closer and closer. When I was in front of him, I see him driving in 2 lanes and he wobbling back and forth.
Now thats scary stuff. Haha drive safe buddy, obviously not all truckers. The 18 wheelers are very good, it's the little uhual type box trucks that look like they came out of a demolition derby lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

I lived in Cali years ago, '87-'93, in the Monterey/Carmel area and used to cruise up to San Fran and Santa Cruz on a regular. I remember encountering a lot of douchebags on the roads. Of course they're not just relegated to Cali, I've been all over the country being former military and the douche patrol's everywhere! That said in regard to our favorite brand, I think it's a combination of both car and driver. With that driver you mention OP, I think given ANY car she'd still drive like a moron, but being that it's a BMW I'd assume that that emboldens her even more. I WOT from time to time. To say I didn't would be a bold faced lie, but one thing I will attest to is I won't put another person's life at risk to have fun. If I ever die from excessive speeding, I'll make sure I go alone.
      09-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post
I lived in Cali years ago, '87-'93, in the Monterey/Carmel area and used to cruise up to San Fran and Santa Cruz on a regular. I remember encountering a lot of douchebags on the roads. Of course they're not just relegated to Cali, I've been all over the country being former military and the douche patrol's everywhere! That said in regard to our favorite brand, I think it's a combination of both car and driver. With that driver you mention OP, I think given ANY car she'd still drive like a moron, but being that it's a BMW I'd assume that that emboldens her even more. I WOT from time to time. To say I didn't would be a bold faced lie, but one thing I will attest to is I won't put another person's life at risk to have fun. If I ever die from excessive speeding, I'll make sure I go alone.
I've seen but not driven in several traffic conditions all over the US and some 3rd world countries outside the US. The LA traffic wouldn't even make my worst 3. As someone above mentioned, the LA traffic is horrible but it at least has some degree of structure.

I agree, the lady would most likely be driving like an ass with any car. You got my point 100% when you said that a BMW empowers her driving in such a way.

C'mon, I'm not saying driving fast and going WOT is always a bad thing but these should be done appropriately and responsibly. Going fast and WOT with other cars in close proximity is a fiasco waiting to happen. I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it. At least, there are the select few of us that do these things in a more controlled manner. I only go WOT when:

1. I'm alone in the car OR the 1 and only passenger I am with has the authority to order me to do so.
2. There aren't any cars close by; all including in front of me, to my side, or behind me.
3. I am in the right state of mind: not drunk (I don't drink), not pissed off, and not sleepy.
4. I must be pretty familiar with the road hazards and curves.
5. It must be on decent weather conditions.

As weird and scary as this sounds, going WOT (or even 3/4) makes me feel more alive but it also makes me feel closer to the edge because I know that one mishap with me, the car, or the road will kill me. This is how I feel when riding roller coasters and other carnival/amusement park rides.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
You'll find pricks driving any brand of car. BMWs just happen to have a reputation for having aggressive drivers. I typically attribute it to the fact that BMWs provide so much feedback and are such great driver's cars (for the most part) that they inspire some a sense of confidence in some drivers, some of whom are unfortunately irresponsible. Bottom line is that people driving on a public road should be responsible and aware of other drivers and drive safely.

Here's a story of a non-BMW driver being dumb: I had a guy in a Toyota Yaris come to a sudden stop in front of me yesterday. This wouldn't have been a problem if:
  • The light was red at the intersection
  • There were pedestrians crossing
  • There were other vehicles in the intersection
  • The guy was looking to make a turn but a pedestrian or vehicle was otherwise preventing it
However, NONE of the above were true. He stopped abruptly. I did a brake check. The light sat there, green for at least enough time where he could have cleared the intersectioni f he wanted to, but nope. We sat. The light went from green, to yellow, to red. We waited again. Light turned green, and the guy just drove forward.

Really though, I wasn't sure if my brakes were working so I appreciated the opportunity to try them for a sudden stop. /s

Believe it or not, I did not honk at him. I just sat there and let it go because really, when I'm driving home after work, I definitely don't want to get there quickly or even at least at a normal pace. I like to sit in traffic longer if possible. /s-take2

Thanks for the inconvenience, guy in the baby blue Toyota Yaris AKA douche canoe.

Sorry I used your thread to rant. I honestly didn't even care by the time I got home, but what an idiot move: stopping abruptly at a green light for no apparent reason. I made my contribution at the beginning of this post at least, haha. I'm done.
      09-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsairius View Post
You'll find pricks driving any brand of car. BMWs just happen to have a reputation for having aggressive drivers. I typically attribute it to the fact that BMWs provide so much feedback and are such great driver's cars (for the most part) that they inspire some a sense of confidence in some drivers, some of whom are unfortunately irresponsible. Bottom line is that people driving on a public road should be responsible and aware of other drivers and drive safely.

Here's a story of a non-BMW driver being dumb: I had a guy in a Toyota Yaris come to a sudden stop in front of me yesterday. This wouldn't have been a problem if:
  • The light was red at the intersection
  • There were pedestrians crossing
  • There were other vehicles in the intersection
  • The guy was looking to make a turn but a pedestrian or vehicle was otherwise preventing it
However, NONE of the above were true. He stopped abruptly. I did a brake check. The light sat there, green for at least enough time where he could have cleared the intersectioni f he wanted to, but nope. We sat. The light went from green, to yellow, to red. We waited again. Light turned green, and the guy just drove forward.

Really though, I wasn't sure if my brakes were working so I appreciated the opportunity to try them for a sudden stop. /s

Believe it or not, I did not honk at him. I just sat there and let it go because really, when I'm driving home after work, I definitely don't want to get there quickly or even at least at a normal pace. I like to sit in traffic longer if possible. /s-take2

Thanks for the inconvenience, guy in the baby blue Toyota Yaris AKA douche canoe.

Sorry I used your thread to rant. I honestly didn't even care by the time I got home, but what an idiot move: stopping abruptly at a green light for no apparent reason. I made my contribution at the beginning of this post at least, haha. I'm done.

Lol it's cool as long as the ranting is somewhat relevant and you added to the thread anyway. You too hit the other half of what I'm trying to say. BMW's make the drivers feel people better drivers than they really are. I know I do...If I can take a certain turn at 50mph with my 1er, I definitely wouldn't dare try it in a Honday Odyssey.

I've encountered people like that. It just so happened that it was a dude in a Pre-LCI E90. He just braked out of nowhere for no apparent reason. I didn't honk at him. I just treated it as "He wanted to turn left. There wasn't a left turn only lane. He probably imagined a pedestrian. He ultimately changed his mind."
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post

Corolla drivers are THE WORST! Just this morning I was going @ 60mph on the freeway to work, and suddenly got stuck in a little traffic jam as I was taking an exit, just because some Corolla driver apparently realized he was not supposed to take that exit and crossed three lanes @ almost a dead stop to get out of the exit.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Corolla drivers are THE WORST! Just this morning I was going @ 60mph on the freeway to work, and suddenly got stuck in a little traffic jam as I was taking an exit, just because some Corolla driver apparently realized he was not supposed to take that exit and crossed three lanes @ almost a dead stop to get out of the exit.
LMAO, i'm telling you, THEY ARE CRAZY PEOPLE!!! Everyone I know that owns a corolla is clueless or a maniac as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer723 View Post
Thanks
WTF random?

Quote:
I don't know how. I'm sorry I can't help you. Lastly, don't threadjack please.
hahahahaha