BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #23
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
I ordered mine from Tischer about a month ago and it installed and works flawlessly on my 09

Again, if you car was produced before 3/09, including 09s, the "old" alarm will work. This only applies to the newer cars since they changed something in the alarm interface. The new cars also don't come prewired so if you don't get it from the factory, you're out of luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #24
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Ok...I just got back from the dealership and I found the following:

First off...I ordered my car 3/23 and production is scheduled to be complete on 4/9....so it's past the time where I can change my order. The alarm became an option roughly a week after I put my order in.

1) Person at the dealership ensured me that the car would still come pre-wired. This is contrary to what others have said on this thread.

2) Parts guy says there isn't even a kit available for the 09 M3 Coupe yet. He said it would probably be around $300, but he had no idea when it would be available. Not a good sign considering #1 above.

3) Assuming it was pre-wired and a kit was available, it would take an hour to install making the total of around $550.

Aint that some ish! Pretty pissed since my CA (who wasn't even there..cut out of work early) didn't tell me anything about the alarm or didn't give me any status on my order. Best I can do is try to talk to them into a better deal on the install of the alarm when the car comes in. Guess I'm stuck if it doesn't come pre-wired. I can't imagine not having an alarm on this car though.

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
runedub
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

That sucks, Timbo. When I ordered my car, my CA offered me the new factory alarm option. I think the cost was $400, don't know if that's MSRP or invoice.

Hopefully they can cut you a deal on the installation!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
2009 alarm retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBO_M3 View Post
Ok...I just got back from the dealership and I found the following:

First off...I ordered my car 3/23 and production is scheduled to be complete on 4/9....so it's past the time where I can change my order. The alarm became an option roughly a week after I put my order in.

1) Person at the dealership ensured me that the car would still come pre-wired. This is contrary to what others have said on this thread.

2) Parts guy says there isn't even a kit available for the 09 M3 Coupe yet. He said it would probably be around $300, but he had no idea when it would be available. Not a good sign considering #1 above.

3) Assuming it was pre-wired and a kit was available, it would take an hour to install making the total of around $550.

Aint that some ish! Pretty pissed since my CA (who wasn't even there..cut out of work early) didn't tell me anything about the alarm or didn't give me any status on my order. Best I can do is try to talk to them into a better deal on the install of the alarm when the car comes in. Guess I'm stuck if it doesn't come pre-wired. I can't imagine not having an alarm on this car though.
Bad timing, I guess. In addition to installation, they have to recode the modules, which is like another hour. Not inexpensive. Hopefully, theyll cut you a deal.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #27
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Yea...got a little unlucky. Suggestion from my CA was to get LoJack thru them. Guess I'll search the forum to read up on details.

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #28
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBO_M3 View Post
Yea...got a little unlucky. Suggestion from my CA was to get LoJack thru them. Guess I'll search the forum to read up on details.
Another Additional Dealer Profit item! Car is nearly as traceable with Assist. The factory alarm is not to prevent vehicle theft, but opportunistic smach and grabs.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #29
cboneck
Private
Rep
Drives: LR3

I got the alarm added to my order (which I made last week)... for $360 (invoice).
      04-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #30
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
It just became an option on the BMWUSA website and I called my dealer this morning to add it. It just became available. I wanted to share that with anyone else that has a car on order or is thinking about ordering.
I am completely shocked! You are absolutely right. There it is on bmwusa. I assumed that a $70K+ car came w/ this included . Hell, my 5ers did - even my wife's 'van came w/ anti-theft as std equipment. And on a desirable M-car - flabbergasted!

I'm going to go back to my CA and see what can be done but given that I did my deal in Jan ($2k profit for ED) - and I don't renege on deals - I'll want a concession on this.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #31
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
I am completely shocked! You are absolutely right. There it is on bmwusa. I assumed that a $70K+ car came w/ this included . Hell, my 5ers did - even my wife's 'van came w/ anti-theft as std equipment. And on a desirable M-car - flabbergasted!

I'm going to go back to my CA and see what can be done but given that I did my deal in Jan ($2k profit for ED) - and I don't renege on deals - I'll want a concession on this.

Call your CA, I was able to add it when the car was in 112 which it seems you are in now. Do it quickly though, my car moved to 150 pretty fast. It is now in 150 with a completion date of 4/8. The addition showed up for me first thing Monday on Owners Circle tracking when it was added Saturday morning.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #32
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Call your CA, I was able to add it when the car was in 112 which it seems you are in now. Do it quickly though, my car moved to 150 pretty fast. It is now in 150 with a completion date of 4/8. The addition showed up for me first thing Monday on Owners Circle tracking when it was added Saturday morning.

Good Luck.
Thanks. Oh no issues on that front: my car doesn't start its build until week 20/21 and that's mid-May It's more about this being an option and I think we're being nickel-and-dimed (mats too!)

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0