BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

10-17-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Partnumbers for e92 M3 Fenders and other goodies?

Hey all I know it's still really early but I was hoping some of you who have already received your cars could help me with this.

What are the part numbers for the e92 M3's 4 fenders, sideskirts, front and rear bumper, cf roof, and mirrors.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hoping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
Hey all I know it's still really early but I was hoping some of you who have already received your cars could help me with this.

What are the part numbers for the e92 M3's 4 fenders, sideskirts, front and rear bumper, cf roof, and mirrors.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
Getting ready to make your 335i into an M3 look-alike? OK so call me a pessimist or jaded...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Getting ready to make your 335i into an M3 look-alike? OK so call me a pessimist or jaded...
Sounds like it.

Nothing wrong with it as long as its executed properly, and he does not put M badges on it. However, I think it will probably cost in the five-figure range when all is said and done.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG

gonna look a bit odd if you dont get the rear arches too. And if you do, its gonna cost.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

i'm more interested in the rear fenders. the car, when done won't look anything like an m3 its just a better platform to start off of

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Some things never change....

That said, your car is sick
      10-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Good point

Quote:
i'm more interested in the rear fenders. the car, when done won't look anything like an m3 its just a better platform to start off of
Good point, with all the parts you mentioned, "4 fenders, sideskirts, front and rear bumper, cf roof, and mirrors" it won't look anything like an M3
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
I knew this was gona happen. I knew it!

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
I knew this was gona happen. I knew it!
Is it that a big deal though? As long as there is no M3 badges, I don't really have a problem with it. Of course, I think there is good chance the OP will find it cost probhibitive anyway.

After all, this has already been done, and complete with a V10 swap to boot!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Is it that a big deal though? As long as there is no M3 badges, I don't really have a problem with it. Of course, I think there is good chance the OP will find it cost probhibitive anyway.

After all, this has already been done, and complete with a V10 swap to boot!
You know that some will try to do the whole deal to make their 335i look like an M3. And some after market companies will find an affordable way to do it. Maybe its just me, but personally I think if you are spending so much more money for an M3, that look/experience (whatever you call it) should be exclusive to M3 buyers only. But no, its not a big deal however I am slightly bothered about that yes.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #11
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
You know that some will try to do the whole deal to make their 335i look like an M3. And some after market companies will find an affordable way to do it. Maybe its just me, but personally I think if you are spending so much more money for an M3, that look/experience (whatever you call it) should be exclusive to M3 buyers only. But no, its not a big deal however I am slightly bothered about that yes.
I used to have a C32 AMG. One reason I started to look elsewhere (thank god) was the release of the "sport package" that made the cheapest C (C230) look almost exactly like C32. Really pi$$ed me off.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
This thread is dangerously close to the threshold where the 335 police will swoop in to correct all of our dangerous misinformation and call us badge whores. Dyno pics of Procede beta software may follow.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Wow, you guys really are bothered by this stuff. And I can see your points.

But to me that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If people are going for the M3 look, well then that just shows how great the car is. Not to mention, it is a functional mod in that it will allow for wider rubber, which the 335i could greatly use.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
This thread is dangerously close to the threshold where the 335 police will swoop in to correct all of our dangerous misinformation and call us badge whores. Dyno pics of Procede beta software may follow.
^

My 2 cents. There will always be the crowd that tries to make the base 3 look like an M. It has been happening since day 1 of the E30 M3. The imitations range in quality and tastefulness from OK to terrible. Of course you can always just add nothing but the badge. No matter what level is adopted I always get a giggle when I see it on the road. As much as it should be flattery it always ends up making me a little bit irritated. Certainly not enough to raise my blood pressure, say anything, etc., just enough to make me shake my head a bit and wonder why.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
retrodrive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I would not mind having wider rear fenders, M3 roof and mirrors. I would not have put an M badge on but I would have a very unique BMW. Stock is boring whether it is an M car or a 328.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #16
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

At this point, one should have just bought an ///M. Why not purchase that extremely well put together widebody kit on the black 3-series sedan? That makes much more sense!

Here you go!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 10-18-2007 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

@sedan_clan +1
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Sedan_Clan that kit is amazing! Who sells it?

The only thing, the OP has a coupe.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #19
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Sedan_Clan that kit is amazing! Who sells it?

The only thing, the OP has a coupe.

VQMTuning sells it. I posted the link to the original thread in my previous post. Click on the "Here" in that post!

I didn't realize that he had a coupe, so I guess he is SOL w/ regards to this kit. I still stand by my assessment that one should have just purchased an ///M if they are going to go through all of the trouble of doing OEM widebody surgery on their vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #20
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Good point, with all the parts you mentioned, "4 fenders, sideskirts, front and rear bumper, cf roof, and mirrors" it won't look anything like an M3
it makes more sense to modify fenders from prewidened rears instead of having to layer on lots of filler and extra metal starting from the 335i's fenders.

no one currently makes a cf roof.

the bumpers already match the fenders edge wise, meaning only the physical appearance would have to be modified. fitment wouldn't be so much an issue.

if you have no idea of what i have planned, don't make assumptions

if i wanted an m3 i would have bought one. there's no imitation going on here, with the amount of money that's already been put into this car and what's going to be put in it there's no other reason for it except to create a unique car. i'm glad all of you like the new v8 but i like the project car feel to the twin turbo v6.

provide me with PNs or keep your comments to yourself, i never came on here to ask for your ill-founded opinions.

what a bunch of snobs, don't worry i'm not trying to take anything away from the price tag of the m3 and your "exclusivity".

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #21
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Cont.

Quote:
it makes more sense to modify fenders from prewidened rears instead of having to layer on lots of filler and extra metal starting from the 335i's fenders.

no one currently makes a cf roof.

the bumpers already match the fenders edge wise, meaning only the physical appearance would have to be modified. fitment wouldn't be so much an issue.

if you have no idea of what i have planned, don't make assumptions

if i wanted an m3 i would have bought one. there's no imitation going on here, with the amount of money that's already been put into this car and what's going to be put in it there's no other reason for it except to create a unique car. i'm glad all of you like the new v8 but i like the project car feel to the twin turbo v6.

provide me with PNs or keep your comments to yourself, i never came on here to ask for your ill-founded opinions.

what a bunch of snobs, don't worry i'm not trying to take anything away from the price tag of the m3 and your "exclusivity".
I can appreciate a project car just as much as he next guy. I will be quick to admit your car looks really nice right now. I have a medium modded E36 M3 presently (but nothing so extreme as a full body kit on it). I have just personally decided against significant modding in my future. For resale, time constraint, warranty and comfort reasons.

Again I just find it a bit dishonest when you say you wanted to use this large list of most of the parts that make the M3 look different than the 335i, but at the same time you say your project will not look "anything" like the M3. Is that reasonable, logical, possible? I just don't think so. Further with all of these planned parts how can you claim there is "no imitation" of the M3. You are not being straight with yourself.

Just because some of us disagree with your personal approach to your car does not make us snobs nor obsessed with exclusivity. If you took the time to read anything about most of us here you would find we are all very price sensitive and really want the new M3 to be priced low, not high. Most of us care way more about performance per dollar than exclusivity (and that is me in the biggest way). You would also find a ton of good 335 vs. M3 debates. Tell me you don't giggle just a little bit when you see E36 M3 wing mirrors on a Honda? There is some of that same attitude of some of us toward your project, whether or not that shoe fits perfectly or whether or not we understand your lofty/ultimate goals.

Last but not least be prepared for discussion when you post. After all this is a DISCUSSION forum. I'm sorry no one has given you your precious part numbers but your car and your ideas, whether some of us love them or hate them, has sparked some discussion. It has been civil and honest and I don't think you can expect more.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 02:56 AM   #22
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 V8

Quote:

Thanks in advance,
Alex

You'll need the 4 pipes on the back too.

But, why would you do this to a 335i?

It is what it is and that should be ok.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread