BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #67
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

So was this issue brought to ADV1s attention by Triangle and was that issue ignored?

Alan
      03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #68
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I really hope this means that you haven't sold another single 22" step wheel to anyone else due to this "backorder".
The original wheel was produced over a year ago. There have been no other issues with 22" step lips since then - as we previously stated - during this batch of step lips 3 order were affected and have all be since addressed. The current backorder has nothing to do with the issue - it's fairly normal for certain sizes of wheel lips to get backordered from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #69
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

I don't understand why everyone assumes wheel companies are shady...good luck to ADV.1
      03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #70
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
The original wheel was produced over a year ago. There have been no other issues with 22" step lips since then - as we previously stated - during this batch of step lips 3 order were affected and have all be since addressed. The current backorder has nothing to do with the issue - it's fairly normal for certain sizes of wheel lips to get backordered from time to time.
All I'm saying is that during this "backorder" period, I would hope that no one else got a wheel before this customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #71
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The official Triangle response.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #72
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
All I'm saying is that during this "backorder" period, I would hope that no one else got a wheel before this customer.
No one would - warranty issues like this get pushed to the front of everything. We're just waiting on parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #73
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
I don't understand why everyone assumes wheel companies are shady...good luck to ADV.1
I'm sure you would feel very different about this if you and your kids were in the car where the aftermarket wheel you purchased broke apart while traveling on the highway.

Lucky this didn't happen here but looking at the pictures....it very well could have.
      03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #74
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

what's not to get... You're now posting emails from your supplier; You charge approx 10k for a set of wheels!!! Take Accountability, no one on here cares about who's fault it was, you're selling the final product. And I have seen some nice wheels fail, but your prices are outrageous for some relatively new branded wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #75
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Oh the drama queens in this place for the love of God..

You think people would be just as worried driving their families in cars with hacked up engines and suspensions..

These failures have to be taken with a grain of salt..if its a solid manufactuerer failure than what more do you really expect the company to do other than what they have done to date?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
We are replacing them and have take responsibility for the issue by honoring the warranty outside of the warranty period.

The statements made about the specific part failure was because everyone seems to be equating an ADV.1 wheel failure as something that occurred due to an ADV.1 specific procedure or build process when the truth is this potential part supply issue affected ANY manufacture using a 21" or 22" step lip as there is only 1 supplier for such parts in the US.

It's like blaming Dell for using a Segate hard drive that failed in their computers, that hard drive batch could've been used in HP's, Samsungs, etc. and doesn't necessarily equate to a certain manufacture being crap or making a bad product.

Regardless - the issue has been addressed and taken care of with this customer (and was being handled before this thread ever came into being) AND all customers affected by the part issue. We stand behind our product - end of story. When there is an issue you're going to get it fixed.

who cares about computers?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #77
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
I love "wheel" companies that don't make their own wheels.
Something like 70% of the wheels in this country are made by MHT. Just an FYI.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #78
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
what's not to get... You're now posting emails from your supplier; You charge approx 10k for a set of wheels!!! Take Accountability, no one on here cares about who's fault it was, you're selling the final product. And I have seen some nice wheels fail, but your prices are outrageous for some relatively new branded wheels.
If you hate our product or pricing that's fine (even though we sell sets as cheap as 4k?) - but that's not part of this thread (or at least shouldn't be) as it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

And again, yes we're selling the final product. There was an issue. It was taken care of 3 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #79
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

rofl..so pathetic seriously..hahhaha
      03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #80
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There was an issue. It was taken care of 3 weeks ago.
Well the OP certainly doesn't think so.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #81
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Something like 70% of the wheels in this country are made by MHT. Just an FYI.
Interesting fact. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #82
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well the OP certainly doesn't think so.
The OP's complaint was the timeframe which we addressed numerous times already and as we showed is a timeframe issue outside of our control. We have done everything in our power to get the fastest possible fix for the OP. No other company could do any better as there is only 1 supplier.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #83
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I think you should remove the word "track" from anything that is not properly certified for such use. I've never seen 22" wheels being used in the track before. Also, spelling it differently i.e. "trak" should not remove you from such claims if a customer decides to use it on the track and have it fail. It's like a restaurant selling "krab" cake because it uses imitation crab meat; so these are imitation "track" wheels?
      03-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #84
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
First, you blame the buyer
Quote:
...Beyond that this set was originally purchased in 2010...and these wheels aren't brand new - but have been used for over a year.
So the life expectency on your wheels is 1-year?

Then you blame the supplier
Quote:
What good does this do? It admits no liability whatsoever. Michael Beyer wisely has legal counsel.

Then you blame everyone else

Quote:
So lets stop the quality hating right there because it's not an ADV.1 specific part failure. It could've (and does) happen to every wheel company when you produce any product in volume.
This is an ADV.1 specific part failure. You put your name and your name only on the product.

Quote:
It's like blaming Dell for using a Segate hard drive that failed in their computers, that hard drive batch could've been used in HP's, Samsungs, etc. and doesn't necessarily equate to a certain manufacture being crap or making a bad product.
This is a funny analogy to me. When Dell has a recall, I don't think they immediately point the finger at their supplier. It is bad business. It is unprofessional.

Most goods we buy these days have one or more suppliers not necessarily the company selling. If my DCT has mechanical issues, is BMW going to jump on the forum and blame Getrag? Probs not. And I'm not going to be calling their customer service; I'll be calling BMW's. I'll be complaining about BMW not doing enough R&D, testing, etc. It'll taint my view of BMW, who is again the ultimate assembler, seller, and owner of the product - just like you.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #85
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

ADV.1 stop it with the useless excuses and comebacks you are trying to throw at us. Its damn insulting if anything to the M3 community thinking we M3 drivers are a bunch with thick wallets and no brains to know a good wheel from bad? Kindly shut the fuck up your wheel failed and you're companys claims are all over the place from 360Forge to claiming to be TUV certified more than a year ago, yet till this date still nothing, and its only for 1 wheel application. Give me a break, just fucking give the person his money back and file chapter 7 already. We are not idiots.
      03-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #86
1SIKM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

It looks like you were jacking off to them before...ADV.1 8DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I think you should remove the word "track" from anything that is not properly certified for such use. I've never seen 22" wheels being used in the track before. Also, spelling it differently i.e. "trak" should not remove you from such claims if a customer decides to use it on the track and have it fail. It's like a restaurant selling "krab" cake because it uses imitation crab meat; so these are imitation "track" wheels?
08-18-2011, 10:35 PM #29
Poppin Fresh
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Hard choice you got there buddy.

HRE 790R is baller status money.

ADV.1 8DC is just as boss.
      03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #87
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

If we weren't taking responsibility we wouldn't have fixed the issue. All we're saying is for the naysayers that started spouting the usual hate of how our product is crap is that this was a small isolated incident caused by a supplier product that both us and our supplier is standing behind.

At the end of the day the facts are this.
- A set was sold.
- A set had an issue.
- Our customer service replaced the wheel (or at least ordered parts to do so) weeks ago.
- I.E. the problem was already handled and our customer was taken care of weeks before this thread ever came into being.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #88
inandout
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4 Rings

Whoa....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaym3 View Post
we all know that every one is on the jock of adv1, maybe its time to pass the word around " other forums " that his wheels are cracking because the lack of engineering. The problem with the wheels is that the bolt circle on the center and the bolt circle on the barrels doesn't match, the bolts go in at an angle causing the in and outer sections to flex and eventually crack. Adv1 was informed by their parts manufacturer that this was a big problem and would cause BIGGER problems and decided to let it go in hopes that it was an isolated incident. Apparentley not from these pics...
Quote:
Mike, the owner of triangle Tool who makes your step lip parts made ADV1 aware of this problem, and ADV1 had to waive Triangle of Responsibility.
Quote:
Lets say that the during the T6 treatment, there was a small batch that weren't heated properly. Triangle wouldn't have sold you the batch and the parts would never have made it onto your wheels. But thats not what happened. You were FULLY aware that your centers were machined to the incorrect specs and decided to Jerry Rig the barrels to fit the centers. The fault is not on the barrels, they were properly made, the fault lies with ADV1 soley. You knew there was an issue and decided to ignore it.
Quote:
Nowaym3 - Do you work for Triangle?
Quote:
No, but it is evident that the amount of technical specs i know about ADV1 wheels makes you uncomfortable.
Appreciate 0